Big Rock Arrma bigrock v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mostyn rc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m looking for some help please,
( sorry if this as been asked in other posts but can’t find the same thing I’m experiencing ) I purchased an Arrma bigrock v3 I tock it out with my son for the 1st time Wednesday just gone and the esc cuts out, I have to turn it off and back on and it resets its self and then ok.
This happens every few minutes.
I’m running brand new gensacearespammers brasher 6800mah 11.1 v 3s fully balanced charged, the only way I can replicate the problem in my house is putting the car against my foot/wall etc and pull the throttle the controller a few times then esc turn off.
Sorry forgot to mention I have a 18t pinion and proline badlands belted tyres I also upgraded the esc and motor fans to wtf wild turn fans and upgraded the servo to a ecoboost also running dumbo rc transmitter/ receiver.

I don’t have a local hobby shop near so any help will be appreciated.
Regards Ross

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you're having issues right off the bat..

Try resetting your ESC and see if that clears up the problem >

And,
Welcome to the forum!

I have something happen with mine, running SC badlands on it currently with an 18T pinion, but if i drive it in long grass and stop, when i try to restart it stutters and then wont move. Have to power down and back up. I never have that issue otherwise.
What gearing and tires are you running? all stock? Did you set your throttle endpoints?

And,
Welcome to the forum!
Brilliant thank you I

And,
Welcome to the forum!
Brilliant thank you I will try that, thanks for the warm welcome
I have something happen with mine, running SC badlands on it currently with an 18T pinion, but if i drive it in long grass and stop, when i try to restart it stutters and then wont move. Have to power down and back up. I never have that issue otherwise.
What gearing and tires are you running? all stock? Did you set your throttle endpoints?
Thanks, I also have 18t pinion and proline badlands belted,
No I haven’t set endpoints.
Have you fixed your issue
This may not be your problem but a bad servo can cause esc brown outs.
Thanks, I have a new ecoboost servo. I know new stuff can be faulty though

This may not be your problem but a bad servo can cause esc brown outs.

That's possible also.

Either way..
Whatever the malfunction, @Mostyn rc IF this is a brand new BRv3 then all you have to do once you figure out which component(S) has failed is to give Horizon Hobby (parent company of Arrma) an email to their Customer Care center and submit a warranty claim with a copy of your receipt (and some photos or video), they will take care of it fairly quickly.
So don't sweat.

It's all good.

That's possible also.

Either way..
Whatever the malfunction, @Mostyn rc IF this is a brand new BRv3 then all you have to do once you figure out which component(S) has failed is to give Horizon Hobby (parent company of Arrma) an email to their Customer Care center and submit a warranty claim with a copy of your receipt (and some photos or video), they will take care of it fairly quickly.
So don't sweat.

It's all good.
Ok great thank you, I will email them now,
I have got a video of the problem but I couldn’t upload it on the forum for some reason.
When the esc cuts peer the fan is still working and there are no lights on the esc

To reset your esc which is recommended simply hold the settings buttong next to the power button for apox 5 seconds while everything is powered up. Before you run for the first time is is highly recommended to set steering and throttle end points. The videos on youtube helped me.

If you are running the stock BLX100 ESC and 3660 motor on 18 tooth pinion and tires bigger/heavier than stock, I'd say you're over-geared and are over loading the ESC. No lights at all? Flashing green would be overheat, red is low voltage.

Can you hold your finger on the end of the motor for more than a couple seconds? Get an IR temp gun to be safe.

Any weird noises?

I'd gear down to a 13T and see what happens.

Welcome to the forum!

In your case you’re putting the car in situation where it can’t start to move so eventually shuts down out of safety for the ESC. It really doesn’t take long sometimes just a couple of seconds pulling on the trigger. Putting it in the high grass makes it difficult for the motor to get the first rotation so it times out basically.

If you are running the stock BLX100 ESC and 3660 motor on 18 tooth pinion and tires bigger/heavier than stock, I'd say you're over-geared and are over loading the ESC. No lights at all? Flashing green would be overheat, red is low voltage.

Can you hold your finger on the end of the motor for more than a couple seconds? Get an IR temp gun to be safe.

Any weird noises?

I'd gear down to a 13T and see what happens.

Welcome to the forum!
Hello, no lights at all when the power cuts, and the motor and esc are not hot I can hold my finger on the motor 30s +
In your case you’re putting the car in situation where it can’t start to move so eventually shuts down out of safety for the ESC. It really doesn’t take long sometimes just a couple of seconds pulling on the trigger. Putting it in the high grass makes it difficult for the motor to get the first rotation so it times out basically.
Ok thanks, I will try it in a big car park to see how it goes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back