Kraton Arrma gear box gaskets 6S line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go you were the one that started the seems so that is 100% something I was using because you used it here
Seems that its specific to the BRCC6s only though

View attachment 329804
I then link you the items from the big rock listing you say in not in there library but is up there on there sight as shown in the post after the quoted post

You then make this post
You cannot compare caulking around a bathtub to sealing a differential. First of all, a gasket works in a compression state. You are aware that automobiles have gaskets on engine, transmission, differential components, right? Applying silicones instead of a gasket is a last-resort and only hacks work that way. Plus, it shouldn’t be used as it will eject itself from the two mating surfaces once clamping force is applied… making is useless.
Trashing another member. And all most every pro quarter mile car out there has honda bond in it if were no talking about street cars so yeah these are more scale race cars less street cars. If it has a motor plate for mounting its got honda bond that is a silicone. They don't make 1 off 1 use gaskets for motor plates and I would be safe guess for me to say they go fast then you have ever bin on land.

Here we are to the SEEMS to only fit BRCC6s part remember you used it first.
What you wrote makes sense BUT a lot of things “seem” to fit. Arrma hasn’t posted the truck in the library yet. Maybe tomorrow? Only way to know for sure is the cross-validate once the exploded views and/or parts list goes public.

If the BRCC6s uses the same part-number cases (see below) as the entire 6s line, it’ll fit.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/gearbox-case-set-hd-6s/ARAC5006.html

First thing you did was take the post name 6S gaskets and tell every one it only fits the BRCC6s is this not a discredit to the information I provided, Simple English.
Discredit your post? If I did, it wasn’t intentional. Your arrogant and belittling words say a lot about how fragile your ego is.

Gaskets, orings, backup rings, and seals (and some wiper designs) work to keep lubricants in AND to keep dirt out. Not just keeping grease in like you stated.

Grease main function is to lubricate a wide variety of components. Some use it for sealing purposes, but hey, to each their own.
I at this point have kept the conversation as clean as I can and will no longer be posting in this thread.

Bro you can attack me all you want on here I'm never going to care about your additude when given proof by link you choose to ignore the facts presented and go with what ever first came to mind your first point was shot down before it went up and you second was a not well thought out mess showing you didn't even bother to look at the links and no cross reference.

Take more time with your sources and get your facts right before you go making a bunch of statements.

Last edited:
Here you go you were the one that started the seems so that is 100% something I was using because you used it here

I then link you the items from the big rock listing you say in not in there library but is up there on there sight as shown in the post after the quoted post

You then make this post

Trashing another member. And all most every pro quarter mile car out there has honda bond in it if were no talking about street cars so yeah these are more scale race cars less street cars. If it has a motor plate for mounting its got honda bond that is a silicone. They don't make 1 off 1 use gaskets for motor plates and I would be safe guess for me to say they go fast then you have ever bin on land.

Here we are to the SEEMS to only fit BRCC6s part remember you used it first.

First thing you did was take the post name 6S gaskets and tell every one it only fits the BRCC6s is this not a discredit to the information I provided, Simple English.

I at this point have kept the conversation as clean as I can and will no longer be posting in this thread.

Bro you can attack me all you want on here I'm never going to care about your additude when given proof by link you choose to ignore the facts presented and go with what ever first came to mind your first point was shot down before it went up and you second was a not well thought out mess showing you didn't even bother to look at the links and no cross reference.

Take more time with your sources and get your facts right before you go making a bunch of statements.
I'm not your "bro". Later, snowflake.

Applying silicone instead of a gasket is a last-resort and only hacks work that way. P
That’s not always the case. The service manual for my car does not recommend a gasket for my rear diff or oil pan to engine surface. On top of that, I use quality sealant to replace gaskets in non-critical areas. Never had a leak doing this. That’s the whole point of a sealant.

There's more to gaskets than just keeping the dirt out. I always use gaskets with my aluminum gearboxes. They eat up some of the surface imperfections giving me a more stable mounting, or at least that's my theory. My imagination tells me there's a mild amount of shock absorption as well. Logically that doesn't make sense but I still believe it.

I’m confused if it’s the same as the rest of the 6S line? Why the hell would you need it? Lol just seems like another way to spend money. I mean if it’s the same gearbox. It’s only grease inside of there. It’s not like you’re putting in oil. I don’t know. Seems kind of strange if it’s the same gearbox. But we all know people will buy it if they make it lol it’s like the field of dreams. If you build it, they will come . I’d Arrma makes it we will buy it lol.

I'm with you, with plastic gearboxes I don't see the issue. Still, it would be interesting to know why Arrma thinks it's necessary. It's purpose might be something we're not considering. I still think it's a waste of money but I'm willing to be open minded about it.

I’m confused if it’s the same as the rest of the 6S line? Why the hell would you need it? Lol just seems like another way to spend money. I mean if it’s the same gearbox. It’s only grease inside of there. It’s not like you’re putting in oil. I don’t know. Seems kind of strange if it’s the same gearbox. But we all know people will buy it if they make it lol it’s like the field of dreams. If you build it, they will come . I’d Arrma makes it we will buy it lol.

They are not there to keep anything in them they are there to keep stuff out.

I'm with you, with plastic gearboxes I don't see the issue. Still, it would be interesting to know why Arrma thinks it's necessary. It's purpose might be something we're not considering. I still think it's a waste of money but I'm willing to be open minded about it.

You have never fell victim to the gearbox full of dirt I take it? https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rear-diff-full-of-dirt.13650/ idk if it was really such a big problem that Arrma needed to make gaskets as the aftermarket has that covered for the same price for better gaskets.

Now that's a dirty box never had one this bad but yes this can happen more so if you are using lower grade grease not saying you are just seen some people posting about it turning to a powder. I just like how when I'm cleaning my rig I can hit the diff housing with and air blower and there clean. With out the gaskets its all caked in the grease that's leaking out and now I have to get a super small brush or take it apart to clean it. I understand most are not cleaning there rig every time they run it but tinkering is part of the hobby for me I don't mind it. But making things less work is all ways a good idea if it has no real down side.

They are not there to keep anything in them they are there to keep stuff out.

You have never fell victim to the gearbox full of dirt I take it? https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rear-diff-full-of-dirt.13650/ idk if it was really such a big problem that Arrma needed to make gaskets as the aftermarket has that covered for the same price for better gaskets.

Yeah, I get there supposed to help keep stuff out. But I’ll be honest I’ve never really had an issue with anything getting in there. But I also make sure I put grease along the seam where the gearbox goes together. Just a thin layer before I put it back together. Maybe that has been stopping any dirt from getting in or sand. I’m just confused as to why they are just offering this now when the 6S line has been out for as long as it has especially if they’re not making any changes to the gearbox just seems like a cash grab to me.
I agree with you for sure. I’m always open minded to anything new that can help. I just find it strange that they were never offered before. I guess that’s why I’m feeling like it’s a cash grab especially if the gearbox isn’t changing. Personally, I’ve always put a little grease along the seam when I seal up the gearbox. I’ve never really had any issue with anything getting in have you?

Interesting, can you send me that file? What thickness do you print them?
Its the red highlighted text "Arrma 6s gearbox" in my OG post that has a clickable link.

The thickness in the stl file is .4mm. I opted for .6mm since the TPU will compress

Last edited:
Arrma's site is all screwed up lately.
These BRCC Gaskets must fit pretty much the whole 4x4 line. Like @slick2500 stated above.
I don't run gaskets with my 6s Arrmas, but they obviously would serve a purpose. I just smear grease at the lower bulkheads. I don't run in the wet stuff or send them for much big air.
Tekjo and Basher Queen make 6s Bulkhead chassis Gaskets already. The BRCC ones only utilize 2 chassis holes for retention.:unsure:
Its on purpose. The v6 will have them. Making it "compatible" will hint the v6

If I raise my gearbox by adding a gasket under it do I need to shim the bottom of my forward brace to compensate for the difference in height?

Why do people get so mad about stupid crap? This is a forum where we all share our ideas, possible solutions we’ve found online, or whatever.

If you can’t do that without being an absolute a s s, then gtfo of here. We don’t need your negativity or poor sport attitude.

I deal with enough childish attitudes at work, I WILL NOT tolerate it at the one website I come to enjoy for my hobby.

I’m not pointing my fingers at any one person, but damn. If you don’t like what someone said, and you can’t respond nicely, then don’t say anything at all.

We are all here to enjoy this wonderful hobby. Let’s get back to doing just that!

So the diff cases look the same as current models?, if true, I don’t see why the big rock seals wouldn’t work. I’ve seen threads of other members making their own, buying some off eBay, or using a gasket type sealer. All great ideas.

Let’s hope someone volunteers as a Guinea pig and tries them out for the rest of us. 😂

Yeah, I get there supposed to help keep stuff out. But I’ll be honest I’ve never really had an issue with anything getting in there. But I also make sure I put grease along the seam where the gearbox goes together. Just a thin layer before I put it back together. Maybe that has been stopping any dirt from getting in or sand. I’m just confused as to why they are just offering this now when the 6S line has been out for as long as it has especially if they’re not making any changes to the gearbox just seems like a cash grab to me.

I agree with you for sure. I’m always open minded to anything new that can help. I just find it strange that they were never offered before. I guess that’s why I’m feeling like it’s a cash grab especially if the gearbox isn’t changing. Personally, I’ve always put a little grease along the seam when I seal up the gearbox. I’ve never really had any issue with anything getting in have you?

Yup like I said it's not like it was a huge major issue, like the wing mount constantly breaking or snapping off the screws......

The wing mount/rear chassis brace mounting is something I really wish they would go back to the drawing board on. Imho it is seriously the dumbest design having the wing mount integrated into the chassis brace.

If I raise my gearbox by adding a gasket under it do I need to shim the bottom of my forward brace to compensate for the difference in height?
No. The gasket/bulkhead will compress "close enough" to the same deck height as the Braces.
In theory however you are correct.
Just, these Arrma platforms are far from precise. And the T2T and F/R Braces are far from being "Spot on" anyway, even on a Good Day. Running Gaskets or not.

Yup like I said it's not like it was a huge major issue, like the wing mount constantly breaking or snapping off the screws......

The wing mount/rear chassis brace mounting is something I really wish they would go back to the drawing board on. Imho it is seriously the dumbest design having the wing mount integrated into the chassis brace.

I have bin looking at one of these with the RPM HD mount set https://www.ebay.com/itm/2348279512...WUuSxz2ehXgdcw7d2/tlkJzPeSwU|tkp:BFBMnv75_-Ji

Then see what I got to do to refit the wheelie bars. Have a 3DRC wing mount and thing is great only broken one so far. Was just thinking it would be nice if it didn't move when I got on the wheelie bar. with that how ever don't know any one with one of these wing mounts to say if it was trash or not.

I have bin looking at one of these with the RPM HD mount set https://www.ebay.com/itm/234827951296?hash=item36acd62cc0:g:7IwAAOSwyYpjobzJ&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4GmHyrrJnG27NyppPTY1zxuO+t+xvOkk92c7gmymSmp6papDAOgVQQEsB5PxoUn/WSlJmfk+bPmZvd1EaI0y0QyShxYOgUTdfE62qt30wQOnN1sb5fCa134WVeq7bhM4m6J5oVLOHuvzGTtIGLqoLBf1hsKUFGJsgl99gCp7qZrPC+vWU7XUhoSUAvR77qKZjF2kU65cFkcShbjW/Bk93AbTZPWHN7d0zwTy8UpiKOEIYnT5EGvHn25BUJKFSWFXEKb+7F8ArgXm5znGWUuSxz2ehXgdcw7d2/tlkJzPeSwU|tkp:BFBMnv75_-Ji

Then see what I got to do to refit the wheelie bars. Have a 3DRC wing mount and thing is great only broken one so far. Was just thinking it would be nice if it didn't move when I got on the wheelie bar. with that how ever don't know any one with one of these wing mounts to say if it was trash or not.

I haven't had the best luck with anything from that guy and he machine work on everything has been really poor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back