Kraton Arrma Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so not impressed, which is good. Saves me $400.
I agree, no metal drivetrain etc
For $100. more you can get the V4.
I been waiting for a 1/10 to blast around the house. May get the Granite for sub $300.

next time share the link for us lazy folks!! :D
I use my phone, so don't know how to do that. I'm oldschool so at least I pointed u in the right direction. lol

I am so not impressed, which is good. Saves me $400.
Same :confused: - A whopping 8lbs with that plastic chassis/parts = money pit (Kraton is 8lbs, Outcast is 8lbs 4oz)

Can't believe the steering components, aside from the servo, are unchanged from the MEGA 4x4 & 3s line.

Interesting that the ESC AND the motor come with a stock fan installed on the 4S...

WHEN IS THE NOTORIOUS 6S GOING TO BE RELEASED!?!?

I would have thought that after so many of you who have owned ARRMA cars before and have become familiar with what ARRMA can/will do with their products, that I would see some confidence from you all in what they release. Their motto is "Designed tough, Designed fast", yet your first reactions are that this is no good or that will fall apart, etc. And for $100 more I can get the 6S version...
Honestly, I think you are all missing the point and you're not thinking outside your own world and what YOU want from ARRMA. This isn't just about you (one person), this is about the bigger picture. Let me put it into prospective for you, and this is coming from someone who works at a hobby shop. Here, the V4 Kraton 6S retails for about $820AUD (V3 Ktaron is about $770-ish) and if you want a 6S battery, you're in for another $200AUD, plus a charger which will set you back a starting price of about $90AUD. So at this stage you're about $1110AUD and if you need charging cables, soldering done or any other odds & ends you could be hitting anywhere from $1150-$1200AUD by the time you walk out the door with your new toy.
Now I'm not sure what the Kraton 4S will retail for here, but if I was to take a wild guess, it would be around the $650-$700AUD mark. So let's go by the highest number and stick with $700AUD, plus a 4S battery which is about $110-$150AUD depending on the mAh and C rating. The charger can be cheaper as it doesn't need to charge 6S, so we have a $70AUD one that will do the trick and that brings the total out to $880-$900-ish AUD. Suddenly you saved $250-$300AUD, even more if we use the $650AUD price for the truck. Now do you see the difference?
And to be clear, these prices are hobby shop prices of quality products with warranty and backup support. Also, I'm using the battery and charger example with the car because we sell heaps of these types of cars to customers who are just starting out and so this makes a huge difference to the bottom line. Especially if you are buying something like this as gift.
Now, I do understand your point of view as well in regards to the shrinking gap between this 3 & 4S platform and the 6S platform, but when you add up the running costs of the cars, the gap begins to widen a lot more and this will make a HUGE difference to a lot of people. And let's not forget that so many have already spent big bucks upgrading their 3S platforms to run 4S which would make those cars on par or even more expensive than some of the 6S platforms. Difference now is you can get it in a neat little package direct from ARRMA. ;)
Simply put, we now have a small, medium and a large. Or a beginner, intermediate and a expert car to suit everyone. ;)

I would have thought that after so many of you who have owned ARRMA cars before and have become familiar with what ARRMA can/will do with their products, that I would see some confidence from you all in what they release. Their motto is "Designed tough, Designed fast", yet your first reactions are that this is no good or that will fall apart, etc. And for $100 more I can get the 6S version...
Honestly, I think you are all missing the point and you're not thinking outside your own world and what YOU want from ARRMA. This isn't just about you (one person), this is about the bigger picture. Let me put it into prospective for you, and this is coming from someone who works at a hobby shop. Here, the V4 Kraton 6S retails for about $820AUD (V3 Ktaron is about $770-ish) and if you want a 6S battery, you're in for another $200AUD, plus a charger which will set you back a starting price of about $90AUD. So at this stage you're about $1110AUD and if you need charging cables, soldering done or any other odds & ends you could be hitting anywhere from $1150-$1200AUD by the time you walk out the door with your new toy.
Now I'm not sure what the Kraton 4S will retail for here, but if I was to take a wild guess, it would be around the $650-$700AUD mark. So let's go by the highest number and stick with $700AUD, plus a 4S battery which is about $110-$150AUD depending on the mAh and C rating. The charger can be cheaper as it doesn't need to charge 6S, so we have a $70AUD one that will do the trick and that brings the total out to $880-$900-ish AUD. Suddenly you saved $250-$300AUD, even more if we use the $650AUD price for the truck. Now do you see the difference?
And to be clear, these prices are hobby shop prices of quality products with warranty and backup support. Also, I'm using the battery and charger example with the car because we sell heaps of these types of cars to customers who are just starting out and so this makes a huge difference to the bottom line. Especially if you are buying something like this as gift.
Now, I do understand your point of view as well in regards to the shrinking gap between this 3 & 4S platform and the 6S platform, but when you add up the running costs of the cars, the gap begins to widen a lot more and this will make a HUGE difference to a lot of people. And let's not forget that so many have already spent big bucks upgrading their 3S platforms to run 4S which would make those cars on par or even more expensive than some of the 6S platforms. Difference now is you can get it in a neat little package direct from ARRMA. ;)
Simply put, we now have a small, medium and a large. Or a beginner, intermediate and a expert car to suit everyone. ;)
I guess I'm the only one who likes the idea of the new 4s line. I only got my first 6s Arrma last November, and I was strongly considering a new 3s to compliment it. These new rigs are like beefed up versions of the 3s line, which I thought was a perfect compliment. Aside from the plastic shock caps and those funny style wheels hubs, the over all build seems like a good one. Loved your unboxing of the new Kraton 4s by the way. Helped me a lot in learning what I really needed to know. Thanks Vas!

I want to know what it will retail for here in the UK..!!

Don't care for the Kraton as I've just got a V4 Kraton, but I think the Outcast looks cool..?

Will definitely get the Outcast body for my Granite when they finally release it though..??

Same :confused: - A whopping 8lbs with that plastic chassis/parts = money pit (Kraton is 8lbs, Outcast is 8lbs 4oz)

Can't believe the steering components, aside from the servo, are unchanged from the MEGA 4x4 & 3s line.

For reference sake my Kraton V4 6s weighed 11 lbs and 10 oz according to my scale (no batteries) fresh out of the box prior to adding dirt, rocks, and mud.
I would say those extra pounds are well worth it for the added strength. It is actually lighter than I would expect for a metal chassis RC with large tires.

I meant the 4s kraton and 6s outcast.
The 1/8 outcast is truly not a 1/8th when compared to the kraton in size.

Yes it's fits certain peoples budgets but I think the price should be in the $300s.
Or am I missing something here?
Does it come with batt and charger?
[/QUOTEfrom
No batt and charger. Did you see unboxing?

I meant the 4s kraton and 6s outcast.
The 1/8 outcast is truly not a 1/8th when compared to the kraton in size.

Yes it's fits certain peoples budgets but I think the price should be in the $300s.
Or am I missing something here?
Does it come with batt and charger?
[/QUOTEfrom
No batt and charger. Did you see unboxing?
Part of it... Working.
Have to pay for these kraton upgrades ?

Last edited:
I would have thought that after so many of you who have owned ARRMA cars before and have become familiar with what ARRMA can/will do with their products, that I would see some confidence from you all in what they release.
It is exactly this which is why we are speaking out on the platform. We are all well aware of the shortcomings of the Mega/3s chassis/parts and even more familiar with the capabilities of the 6s line. -and that $100ish gap in price is WELL worth the long list of upgrades you get with the 6s line. Sure, the difference in cost of batteries and chargers will factor in, but these are more than capable on 4s anyway (especially with a simple change in pinion), so yes comparing 4s to 4s, the $100ish gap in price still applies IMO.
I guess I'm the only one who likes the idea of the new 4s line.
I too like the idea of the new 4s line and happy that Arrma has given us some upgrades over the 3s, but a few things were missed in these new trucks in my opinion....in key areas. The flimsy Mega 4x4 Bellcrank, complete with plastic bushings is one of them. They also did not address the rocks in the front of the chassis issue, binding up the steering, which is (n) for me. I am just praying that these new shocks are not leaky bastards.

just my 2 cents.........:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back