Kraton Arrma kraton tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will get extreme wheelies. The power wont bleed out to the front diff. More will go to the rear...less front tire ballooning. You forgot about adjusting the punch also. That does the most for not destroying parts. I can ride a wheel stand down the road and not get ballooning worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Thanks, it was only $94 hopefully the guy lives up to his low price for the 4 tires. Can I adjust the punch from the radio or esc? I feel this thing would launch better too with more power going to the rear and it would be able to just haul so much better
diff cups are low price rn, they used to be $20 running about $12 shipped now, may want to pick some up to accompany my near full set of axles that I got from arrma warranty

You will get extreme wheelies. The power wont bleed out to the front diff. More will go to the rear...less front tire ballooning. You forgot about adjusting the punch also. That does the most for not destroying parts. I can ride a wheel stand down the road and not get ballooning worth mentioning.

So the stock esc has adjustable punch? I was reading up. Great ugh I hope the badlands weren't a waste of money:( I mean they will decrease my ground clearance I like to jump my kraton, I had to lower it due to the driveshafts binding up front... Was it a bad idea? I haven't received them yet but since they aren't popular I wouldn't be able to re sell them... I hope I will be happy
Still not sure about what punch to set it to. I hope I don't have issues with ballooning since they aren't taped

Last edited:
I get full travel out of my suspension...no binding, no need to lower it. The Badlands do lower the vehicle a little bit. mine jumps like a champ and lands like a champ, but I changed my springs to Tekno orange. You can't run Badlands like a madman (you need to dial in proper first) . You just have to setup your Kraton and get it fine tunes. It took me a while to get mine dialed in. Lots of learning.

The binding up front can be fixed....You have to shim out the upper A-Arm a little. So the front dogbone doesn't push into the diff outdrives on the down travel.. Then you can get full travel downward...adding better springs is a must also. Arrma put 4S capable springs in it to handle ruts etc...a 6S pack is way more weight. If you like jumping with a 6S brick in there...you need stiffer springs. The difference between my 4S and 6S in weight is insane. Don't blame the Brand of tire for failing....It's operator error most of the time. If you want to run a 6S beast...you need to be a good mechanic.:)

There is a guy on here named Josh....watch his air time running Badlands !!!! He's dialed in.

Last edited:
Could you inform me what tekno springs I should get? Front and rear? Tekno orange? and that should hopefully complete the list for a while, and along with that I need to adjust the punch too like what number would you say would be good?

All that info has been covered in here very extensively....just do a search and you will find it all. I just mess with my punch setting till I like it. I have a Mamba Monster X esc in mine. On 6S I was running like 75, on 5S I'm on 60. It's going to be different with the stock ESC so you will have to find what you like. The stiffer springs was one of the best things I did to the Kraton.

part number TKR6083 and TKR6093 is what I got Its like a 95MM and an 80MM spring Orange is the color code.

Last edited:
Check out the new Badlands MX38. Badlands for monster trucks. Oh yeah!

These look great - looking at getting some new tyres and the badlands always looked just that little too narrow on the Kraton, but the new version looks perfect. Very tempted to pick a set up now!

On a separate note, what do people think of Louise wheels?

These look great - looking at getting some new tyres and the badlands always looked just that little too narrow on the Kraton, but the new version looks perfect. Very tempted to pick a set up now!

On a separate note, what do people think of Louise wheels?

The smaller Badlands are mostly great due to their slightly smaller size, and they happen to have an insane motocross tread .For some people, they will like the performance. The Kraton is a cross breed speed truggy/monster truck, so it can get away with them quite well. Then there are the bigger heavier tires for monster trucks......different feel. I prefer the Trenchers over the Badlands for that size of tire. I still think that they are both great. All Pro-Line tires are excellently. Anyway....those slightly smaller Badlands are precise, fast, and cool temps. Quick steering response also. I'll gladly put both sizes to use but for different applications.

Last edited:
my badlands and diff fluid showed up today, I am 3d printing some shock shims to see if I can avoid buying springs. Now onto adjusting punch and changing the diff fluid, it is really slow on 4s maybe I could go to the 14t pinion? I really am going to run 6s, really loving the badlands, it gives the truggy more of a buggy look.. Haha I just noticed a tooth sheared off the pinion gear on my truck omg haha, new pinion on the way

Last edited:
You could do the 14 tooth no problem on 4S. Especially with PL Badlands. Just check on the temps with anything...as usual.

I'm a huge fan of making simple parts over purchasing them....good luck on the spacers, keep us posted. Good idea for a printed part.

Last edited:
I really liked badlands on 6s with no diff or punch tuning with a 14t pinion, all was going merry until one hard hit I crashed into the jungle gym and snapped a shock shaft clean at the threads :D
tbr makes a sweet looking bumper for the kraton, I may get one :D

Last edited:
I picked these up haven't got a chance to run them yet but they look good they aren't to heavy and seem pretty firm and supposedly no ballooning from them I'll let you guys know in a few days once it's back up and running waiting on my motor and esc to come in

Attachments

• DSC_0299.JPG
    DSC_0299.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_0295.JPG
    DSC_0295.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 87
View attachment 3445 View attachment 3444 I just installed these and raced them around the local track and they are awesome! Pro-line Badlands MX38.
Very nice....

In my humble opinion. After blowing a LOT of prolines. It's me not knowing 4s is ok and 6s is not ok - very simple. Stock dboots scorpions or minikawas for speed. these MT tires are not for on pavement speed runs lol. I choose to run all my big boys ... my trencherx bigjoe2s Louise cyclones all on 4s strictly. I absolutely destroyed a set of SuperSwampers on the first day out ... I believe I almost cried that day. I believe that it's throttle control and going easy as soon as ballooning occurs. I just got a set of HPI Goliaths ... all my assembled sets I glue both sides and tape both holes. I think I'm supposed to do that if I get it wet right? Hitek 333/oz servo should be ok. Going to run my 4s 5000MAH 90c turnigy Graphene brick so these should be ok. Strictly off-road trails and mud and some jumps.

I compared the 7' tall goliaths to big joe2s & stock minokawas
Biggest set I've ever had - will be fun in the snow too.
Again though - do I cover one hole in the wheel or both holes? Thx!

Attachments

• IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
aren't the Proline tires Traxxas bead? if so, they won't fit.
I have a Nero Kraton V2 and Senton V2. I have all the prolines except the new badlands. They all fit the 17mm hub just fine. I have bigjoe2s, SuperSwampers, trencherx, shockwaves.... just be sure to run them on 4s - if not - they will rip on 6s .... my SuperSwampers ripped and exploded the first day. Also.... just remember to adjust the center diff with thicker oil so the front won't get all that torque.

View attachment 3445 View attachment 3444 I just installed these and raced them around the local track and they are awesome! Pro-line Badlands MX38.

I really like the way those Badland MX38's look! The reviews seem to have nothing but great feedback so far.

The only downside for me are the rims. I'm not crazy about the F-11 wheel style.

My question is, can you buy them unmounted? (Can't find them anywhere unmounted)

If I can't find them unmounted...does anyone know if they would fit the stock Kraton wheels? I have no experience with fitting tires on different rims?

I looked up the specs for the F-11 rims and they are as follows:
Diameter = 3.3" (84mm)
Width = 2" (52mm)
Hex size = 17mm
Offset = 1/2"

The specs for the stock Kraton rims are as follows:
Diameter = 3.8 (97mm)
Width = 2.6 (66mm)
Hex size = 17mm
Offset = 1/2"

Would love some feedback or more information, thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back