Mojave Armma mojave with Xrt tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LosWafra

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Hey this is my first post hope you will enjoy.1250kv 19t pinion
IMG_20231022_202159_877.jpg

kraton arms with m2c extension
20231020_020048.jpg

3d printed hex adapter
IMG_20231022_191434_366.jpg

20231022_151030.jpg

20231022_145557 (1).jpg

got some trimming to do, and hope the diffs will survive :oops:

Thanks for your time.

Yeah when you use quite Long Hex Adapters, you create alot of Positive Radius Scrub tire angle, BB's are working overtime. Leverage becomes much greater at the BB's. The Pivot ball geometery already has some inherent Positive scrub angle built in. You end up with alot of Push in the turns. Stock, it already has enough to deal with.

Yeah when you use quite Long Hex Adapters, you create alot of Positive Radius Scrub tire angle, BB's are working overtime. Leverage becomes much greater at the BB's. The Pivot ball geometery already has some inherent Positive scrub angle built in. You end up with alot of Push in the turns. Stock, it already has enough to deal with.

I'm not all that familiar with the 6s line and thier differences. Seems like I've read you could use kraton hubs on certain models to widen the stance. Does that hold true on a Mojave? Wider arms/hub is the ticket for a wider stance. Less pressure on those bearings as we say.

Sweet truck regardless of how you get there! Mojave's are 1 of my favorites even though I don't have one. Just like the pro trucks/ short course's

The plan was to use those adapters for the typhon 6s. but i used the extra mojave arms and drive shafts etc. for the typhon to make it wider. and i have 2 extra sets of Xrt tires that i been using as a stand.
so im just putting extra parts to use.
i didnt run my Kravie ( mojave nickname :LOL: ) yet but ill make sure to post a video soon
what dose BB`s stand for bearings ? brass bushing ? im new here so easy on the terms :geek:
and sorry for the grammar mistakes english is my second language.

left mojave arms right M2C adaptors
20231022_004250.jpg

20231018_170444.jpg

I'm not all that familiar with the 6s line and thier differences. Seems like I've read you could use kraton hubs on certain models to widen the stance. Does that hold true on a Mojave? Wider arms/hub is the ticket for a wider stance. Less pressure on those bearings as we say.

Sweet truck regardless of how you get there! Mojave's are 1 of my favorites even though I don't have one. Just like the pro trucks/ short course's
i installed kraton hubs from hotracing, and i must say its an amazing upgrade with the kraton 6s exb tires the truck is much more controllable on turns and i didnt face any problem with bearing. i been running at night with ambient temperature 28/31 celsius

thanks alot yeah defiantly my favorite truck i don't dare getting a clear body for it cuz it just looks amazing

Ha! That thing looks wild!! I love it. I love the look of the XRT tires but never used them on anything
yea they don't have much grip my friends got xmaxx tires for their Xrt and used those as a stand :ROFLMAO:
guess im putting them to a better use
Those differentials are not really up to the job...
i know o_O but i hope they will

The XRT tires on the XRT are really cool to drive on pavement. Just the right amount of grip. Might aswell grind dem down.... 😁

+1
I kept my Mojo with the stock uprights/hubs. The stock Track width. Otherwise the Wheels rub/hit the Mojo body. I like the way it drives in stock config. But many do widen it. Having to trim the body as well. And the Proper way is to run the wider K6s hubs and matching stub axels and Hex adapters. Not by using longish extended hex adapters. Yet many do. It is the cheap way out. A thing for some of us. Not me.
Even using very Positive Offset Wheels is not really the correct way to go. (Mojo Fortress wheels are Zero Offset FWIW) Yet many do this, not keeping with the OE wheel offset, whether by accident or intention. It's the same as using Long Hex extenders. Resulting with an Extreme Positive Radius Scrub Tire angle.(n) Can even tax the servo more.
Much depends how much you are into your rig's Chassis, Alignment and Suspension geometry. We all approach RC differently. A few MM of Hex extention is not all that tragic and can be a solution for Upgrade wheel/hub fitment at times. But adding 13mm of Hex extension for example, to simply to widen the track width, is rather extreme, and comes with some drawbacks. Just like with Scale autos, you never want to run "wheel spacers" to accommodate upgrade wheels or widen its track. A known Faux Pas.(n)

Last edited:
I didn't like the stock mojave. It drives similar to the Udr, the tires don't have much grip
Maybe you didn't catch it from the pictures but I have kraton arms shafts hubs and every thing even tires

^^^
You are not into the scale realism SCT thing. I get it. Many don't like the UDR or 1/7 Mojo.
Honestly, they are quite different from each other as well. You must have noticed that.

^^^
You are not into the scale realism SCT thing. I get it. Many don't like the UDR or 1/7 Mojo.
Honestly, they are quite different from each other as well. You must have noticed that.
Nah scale realism is not very important as long as it looks good. the mojave body is wider than the xrt and a bit shorter.
I also have a UDR I love how they look but not how they drive.
both cars drive amazing on a straight bumpy road, but when I try to drift on turns it either flip or overturn and face the other way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back