Kraton Arrma tires already vented??!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I haven’t bought tires in a while so I almost don’t believe my eyes. Bought a new set of Backflips and they are already vented on the outside and the holes on the inside appear to be gone. My question to y’all is. Have you guys been happy with factory venting or have y’all been making additional holes?
Before I always close the inner holes and drill two sometimes three, 3/16 holes outside with a piece of brass tubing.

my backflip lp came vented. not got any 6s backflips for a long time so don't no

My backflip 6s tires came vented on my notorious I got recently. Was one of the first things I was going to do. I don’t see ballooning when in the air.

A set of 6s backflips I bought a month ago weren't vented, but the 8s Backflips that arrived a week or so back are vented.

TBH I assumed it was an 8s thing and was pretty happy with it

Interesting
They usually do this when on the new release trucks and advertise it. Might be a new outcast 6s exb or something?
I read on here somewhere that Arrma was coming out with something new later this summer. Sometimes they make changes on the fly like they did with the EXB rear diff situation but most changes are like you said so they can advertise it as an upgrade. Most of the 6s line has been upgraded to a good quality tough truck.

I haven’t bought tires in a while so I almost don’t believe my eyes. Bought a new set of Backflips and they are already vented on the outside and the holes on the inside appear to be gone. My question to y’all is. Have you guys been happy with factory venting or have y’all been making additional holes?
Before I always close the inner holes and drill two sometimes three, 3/16 holes outside with a piece of brass tubing.
I bought a set of Backflips like a year ago, the tires were already vented but 2 of the 4 wheels still had vents in them 🤷‍♂️

I read on here somewhere that Arrma was coming out with something new later this summer. Sometimes they make changes on the fly like they did with the EXB rear diff situation but most changes are like you said so they can advertise it as an upgrade. Most of the 6s line has been upgraded to a good quality tough truck.
Jason told me the exb line isnt going to go away but a lot of the exbs are discontinued on horizonhobby website. If the outcast exb didnt come with vented tires i guess they are going to come put with a new version of the exb? The only logical sense for re releasing would ge to release the roller. They might have understood nobody wants the RTR. But doesn't explain why the exb 8s Ouvast is discontinued. A v2?

Last edited:
I vent 2-180 degree spots in the wheel and 90 degrees from those, a 180* pair of 3mm dremel-drilled and glue reinforced holes in the tires.

My 6S backflips came 3 of 4 tire and wheel vented, opened the wheel on the last with a small 90* die grinder. They must have had a transition period where inventory was mixed instead of depleting old revision first.

Yeah venting became a thing years past for the Basher crowd. Because we all did it. Honestly, track guys been doing this for umpteen years. Not a new concept. With positive results. Now Arrma vents most of theirs on the rubber side now, not the inner wheel.(y)

Yeah venting became a thing years past for the Basher crowd. Because we all did it. Honestly, track guys been doing this for umpteen years. Not a new concept. With positive results. Now Arrma vents most of theirs on the rubber side now, not the inner wheel.(y)
I wish this would become industry standard.

I am sure slowly it will become the defacto standard. The hardcore RC Race crowd is what paves the way.
Look at our 1/8 Bashers. They are trickled down Race bread platforms.

I wish this would become industry standard.
Me too! I was glad to see Arrma doing it. One less thing for me to do. Now I just wish they would make some belted Backflips so they would be less likely to tear loose at the rim and allow higher speed.

Me too! I was glad to see Arrma doing it. One less thing for me to do. Now I just wish they would make some belted Backflips so they would be less likely to tear loose at the rim and allow higher speed.
A good throttle finger can fix that. Belted tires are not the answer imho too much unnecessary weight.

Jason told me the exb line isnt going to go away but a lot of the exbs are discontinued on horizonhobby website. If the outcast exb didnt come with vented tires i guess they are going to come put with a new version of the exb? The only logical sense for re releasing would ge to release the roller. They might have understood nobody wants the RTR. But doesn't explain why the exb 8s Ouvast is discontinued. A v2?
good to no the EXB line is not going away carn't wait for these new EXBS to come out arrmas not come out with anything good for a long time wonder what they will do with the v5 kraton weather they will bring a v6 out

good to no the EXB line is not going away carn't wait for these new EXBS to come out arrmas not come out with anything good for a long time wonder what they will do with the v5 kraton weather they will bring a v6 out
If they don't thriw the exb diffs open on the v6 the v6 release will be pointless imo

Interesting
They usually do this when on the new release trucks and advertise it. Might be a new outcast 6s exb or something?
They started doing this with the V3 3s line. So for a couple years now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back