Infraction Mysterious arrma 53/100 tires...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I was selling a body to someone and while we were talking he mentioned how he has been buying 53/100 tires because they are getting discontinued. In my knowledge they only ever made 42/100 sized tires and 53/107 tires. But apparently horizon is indeed selling ARA550103 and ARA550102 as 53/100 tires. But the arrma website shows absolutely nothing.
2416B51D-F81C-4017-BCD1-405C10761BA3.png

I was selling a body to someone and while we were talking he mentioned how he has been buying 53/100 tires because they are getting discontinued. In my knowledge they only ever made 42/100 sized tires and 53/107 tires. But apparently horizon is indeed selling ARA550103 and ARA550102 as 53/100 tires. But the arrma website shows absolutely nothing.View attachment 304883
I've never seen those either. Would be nice if grp made that size.

Yeah the 53/100 tires have been out for like six months or so. They’re a good option for infraction owners who want to use aftermarket bodies. Wider rear without messing with the gear ratios.
Apparently for a limited time. I hope theres a tire sale for these soon

I'd kick a kitten for a felony tire sale. I think I'm going to mess around and drop 500-1000$ on the next felony tire sale. One thing I've learned over these long long months since the last sale is that I didn't buy enough and I thought a bought a poop ton. Paying full price for felony tires is like having to pay child support for a kid you didn't want. AND I HAVE 2 FELONIES!!! =(

I'd kick a kitten for a felony tire sale. I think I'm going to mess around and drop 500-1000$ on the next felony tire sale. One thing I've learned over these long long months since the last sale is that I didn't buy enough and I thought a bought a poop ton. Paying full price for felony tires is like having to pay child support for a kid you didn't want. AND I HAVE 2 FELONIES!!! =(
I burned 4 sets of each in one season still have 4 sets left i get around 15packs per set with the silver compound. Now with my upcoming infraction coversion i want to get thee tires if i want to use the corvette body

I was selling a body to someone and while we were talking he mentioned how he has been buying 53/100 tires because they are getting discontinued. In my knowledge they only ever made 42/100 sized tires and 53/107 tires. But apparently horizon is indeed selling ARA550103 and ARA550102 as 53/100 tires. But the arrma website shows absolutely nothing.View attachment 304883
Thank you for sharing this, I didn’t know those sizes existed in the Hoons. Just picked up a couple sets, looking forward to going back to the staggered look with Hoons! I went staggered with the PowerHobby Grabbers, but I prefer the Hoons on one of my builds.

I know this thread is:
1. Old
&
2. about the DBoots 53/100 Hoons

But have your heard of the #VIPAZ tires that #M2C is now carrying?
I was considered getting the 53/100s for my Typhon's street/drift set up instead of the 53/107s I was getting. But the Vipaz seem like a good deal if you're destroying tires in a session or two...

I know this thread is:
1. Old
&

I was considered getting the 53/100s for my Typhon's street/drift set up instead of the 53/107s I was getting. But the Vipaz seem like a good deal if you're destroying tires in a session or two...
The rims look awful personally And the tires have to be junked anyway after 6mm or so in total is worn or ur going ti be scrapping the floor and the chassis at the sligh bump. Even if they are solid rubber like they claim. They have to be an extreme hard compound to be durable. Is there anyone who tested them other than the typical m2c sponsors?

The rims are what ever rims you mount them to. The "Prepped" ones do seem like a money grab. But I understand why they're offered.
I plan to use my old felony or limitless, or Amazon Special wheels. And the actual Creator has most of his testing online.
Granted, my Typhon doesn't have the suspension travel limitations the All-Road cars have, but can you get 6mm of wear from hoons before the belt is exposed or looking like the Peanut Butter layer under the chocolate on TastyKakes KandyKakes

Screenshot_20230808-173140.png

I know this thread is:
1. Old
&

Yea, several people here have tried them. There are threads on them. M2C is selling them stateside now, but you can also purchase them from the maker. Australian, right?
The rims look awful personally And the tires have to be junked anyway after 6mm or so in total is worn or ur going ti be scrapping the floor and the chassis at the sligh bump. Even if they are solid rubber like they claim. They have to be an extreme hard compound to be durable. Is there anyone who tested them other than the typical m2c sponsors?
Yes, do a search. A few guys here really like them. You can put them on whatever rims you choose. And they are apparently quite durable. Made for hooning, not speed running. For a street basher I’ll stick with Hoons and forego the PITA of the mounting procedure for the Vipaz, IMO.

Ungluing old hoon tires. I made 3d printed tpu solid tires and i glued them on hoons wheels. I have yet to try them out. But in ruff asphalt at low rpm they going to shread quick i think
Yea, several people here have tried them. There are threads on them. M2C is selling them stateside now, but you can also purchase them from the maker. Australian, right?

Yes, do a search. A few guys here really like them. You can put them on whatever rims you choose. And they are apparently quite durable. Made for hooning, not speed running. For a street basher I’ll stick with Hoons and forego the PITA of the mounting procedure for the Vipaz, IMO.

Ungluing old hoon tires. I made 3d printed tpu solid tires and i glued them on hoons wheels. I have yet to try them out. But in ruff asphalt at low rpm they going to shread quick i think
I’ve put TPU tires on nylon wheels. The tires last a surprisingly long time.

Works pretty well for some slippery drifting fun. Zero traction. I’d run it on 3S or 4S.

2 Felonies no less????:unsure:
You are a glutten for punishment aren't you?:LOL:

2 Felonies no less????:unsure:
You are a glutten for punishment aren't you?:LOL:
to be fair, one was free from an amazon/usps mistake :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back