Kraton CLEANING vented tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc_123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Recently vented my stock Kraton tires and just ordered some backflip 6s tires and will vent those too. I see all this info and videos of people cleaning their cars with simple green then hosing it off with water. My question is if the tires are vented, and you take a hose to the whole car, isn't that a sure-fire way to get water stuck in your tires? And considering you're cleaning it, it's likely you're done driving, and the car is going to sit now... you're not going to run it and force that water out.

Recently vented my stock Kraton tires and just ordered some backflip 6s tires and will vent those too. I see all this info and videos of people cleaning their cars with simple green then hosing it off with water. My question is if the tires are vented, and you take a hose to the whole car, isn't that a sure-fire way to get water stuck in your tires? And considering you're cleaning it, it's likely you're done driving, and the car is going to sit now... you're not going to run it and force that water out.
I've put my car on a stand (box or something), then kinda hold it still & give it some throttle. Don't need to give er full tilt, but that helps throw the water out of my vented tires.🤷‍♂️

Water and RC's...

That 70S Show Reaction GIF by Laff

Rust GIF by MotorTrend

I don't use water, just air compressor and a brush. Full teardown I do wash some parts.

I believe venting of the tires actually prevents problems when water gets in, allows the trapped water to release. Josh's way sounds about right to get it out.

I usually seal the inner wheel holes and don't bother venting the outside. 😀

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back