Arrma Typhon 3s converted to 2200 Castle Mamba Monster 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apkallday89

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there just put in a castle Mamba Monster 2 combo with the 2200 KV into a Typhon 3s was getting about 80-mph on stock motor with 26 tooth pinion and 50 t spur the diffs were barely able to handle the original Electronics with that gear ratio third rear diff installed now only using it for Speed runs I'm probably guessing I'm going to have to swap to the metal diffs because I'm planning to run it 6s with them on the Mamba Monster wondering what kind of mile per hour I would be getting if I'm getting 80 with that ratio on stock Electronics now going to 6s with same ratio

Welcome to the forum! Yup, I would switch to metal diffs. That's fast for a 3s typhon!

Thanks yeah I just put a 2200 Castle in it haven't driven it yet but I figured if it couldn't handle it before I'm definitely going to need to upgrade

I have two 3s typhons with stock motors and running 3s lipos and still found it necessary to go with metal diffs, input gears and yokes in the rear. Jenny's RC is a very good site that most use on here. Original parts taken off rtr models. This is a kraton 4s metal diff I ordered from them.

IMG_20230409_185550000_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230410_115435412.jpg

Awesome yeah I have those same metal diffs on order right now already purchased the input gears 13 and 37 hopefully them we'll hold up had to get the diffs off Amazon because they had the fastest shipping it's always the rear that keeps blowing while I'm in mid run not slowing down just once I finally pull the throttle down all the way it seems to blow the gear right out
This is the car here
20230430_124715.jpg

Oh man, the speedrun bug bite you. There's no cure. Lol. Check out some build threads on vendetta and specifically @K-BASH build threads. Apparently you can push those 3s cars very very fast. With a typhon you have a slight disadvantage of less aero but the challenge will fun none the less

Oh yeah I know definitely from what I see this motor is pretty powerful going to hopefully run it on 6s tomorrow to see what I can get it's raining today unfortunately just put the motor in trying to wait for the metal diffs to arrive before I ran 6s but I don't think I'm going to be able to wait that long LOL so I'll give it a shot tomorrow to see what it can get now I have an adapter plug to make it 6s but I use adapters from ec5 to Deans I heard using those adapters causes it to lose power don't know if that's the case though
20230430_164711.jpg

Definitely get rid of those Dean's If you gonna keep speedrunning. Personally I use 8mm bullets for everything.

Thank you I really appreciate it yeah I heard that they weren't any good and we're just the batteries I have at the moment so I could test it on six we'll definitely be getting new batteries
Just trying to break 100 figuring if I was doing 80 with that smaller motor with this gear ratio on 3s hoping tomorrow with 6s it will hit a 100

Last edited:
I've run 90/3s 110/4s with mm2 in 3s typhons..great Lil escz..I'd definitely gear appropriately for 6s before sending it in 3s gearing...I run the cheap 31$ ebay metal diffs..you'll want a spool an mod1 gears..
Check this hit

Do you think 26 and 50 would be too much for 6s?
I've run 90/3s 110/4s with mm2 in 3s typhons..great Lil escz..I'd definitely gear appropriately for 6s before sending it in 3s gearing...I run the cheap 31$ ebay metal diffs..you'll want a spool an mod1 gears..
Check this hit

Because that's what I was getting on 3s was 80 with that gearing
Do you think 26 and 50 would be too much for 6s?
Yeah that's awesome from what I see this Castle motor people have got 130 with it but that was with a different ESC

Because that's what I was getting on 3s was 80 with that gearing

Yeah that's awesome from what I see this Castle motor people have got 130 with it but that was with a different ESC
You want something like this for 6s...gear calculater is a must for speedrunning

Screenshot_20230430-162649.jpg

Yeah that's insane is that the same 2200kv motor that's in my car I know it's a different ESC

Thank you I really appreciate it yeah I heard that they weren't any good and we're just the batteries I have at the moment so I could test it on six we'll definitely be getting new batteries
Just trying to break 100 figuring if I was doing 80 with that smaller motor with this gear ratio on 3s hoping tomorrow with 6s it will hit a 100
It'll run 80-85mph on 6s..motor kv makes big difference

Yeah definitely going to have to gear down then on the spur figured it would have gained more than 5 mph then the with the castle 2200 than Spectrum 3200

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back