Mamba monster x esc questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilmac1989

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Outcast 4s
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Typhon 6s
When I’m and sitting in the bench it has a solid yellow light and every so often a beep and flash of green is this normal.
And then the esc fan works when not plugged into reciever. Is the battery slot on the reciever not good for a fan?

image.jpg

Yes the flash and beep every so often is normal if it’s idle. It’s to remind you that the car is powered on. You can turn this off in settings.

The ESC fan turns on for a couple seconds at power up, and then only runs if the ESC temp exceeds 140F. This approach uses less battery power and brakes fewer fan blades.

Yes I think you can use the “batt” receiver port for a fan.

Yes the flash and beep every so often is normal if it’s idle. It’s to remind you that the car is powered on. You can turn this off in settings.

The ESC fan turns on for a couple seconds at power up, and then only runs if the ESC temp exceeds 140F. This approach uses less battery power and brakes fewer fan blades.

Yes I think you can use the “batt” receiver port for a fan.
Ahh, I always wondered that random beep from my esc when sitting idle was all about. Thanks, great info. My fans sound like a jumbo jet landing, pretty hard to forget the car is powered on lol.

Adding to what was said, the fan runs off the esc not off the receiver. And yes you can use the batt port to power a fan. IIRC all of the ports can flow both ways so do not plug a battery into the receiver while the esc is powered on as the battery would probably explode.

Adding to what was said, the fan runs off the esc not off the receiver. And yes you can use the batt port to power a fan. IIRC all of the ports can flow both ways so do not plug a battery into the receiver while the esc is powered on as the battery would probably explode.
Adding to this.......as long as he doesn't run 5 fans. Otherwise expect some pretty funky things to happen
(Picture what would happen if Skynet took over your receiver; mayhem, fires, a seemingly self aware RC looking to break free of the transmitter reigns)

So do I even need to plug that other cable into the reciever? Or just plug in the servo and the esc?

So do I even need to plug that other cable into the reciever? Or just plug in the servo and the esc?
The aux wire? It is pretty handy for on the fly changes to esc settings. But no, you don't "need" to.

The aux wire? It is pretty handy for on the fly changes to esc settings. But no, you don't "need" to.
Is that what it’s for lol. My first castle system. Well poop it’s my first not stock system. What settings can I change with it

Damn there’s so much I can do with this thing that I haven’t even scratched the surface.
Damn there’s so much I can do with this thing that I haven’t even scratched the surfa
one
One more question. Do I need to set throttle end points?

Last edited:
Damn there’s so much I can do with this thing that I haven’t even scratched the surface.

One more question. Do I need to set throttle end points?
Always. And steering. Very important.
Plus you must do the calibration to your transmitter to ensure it operates optimly. Esc needs to know the transmitters steering and throttle ranges. Those three steps are very important.

I got all that adjusted but now I don’t have any reverse action

Just as a heads up you have to plug the aux wire into channel 3 in order for it to work.

Adding to this.......as long as he doesn't run 5 fans. Otherwise expect some pretty funky things to happen
(Picture what would happen if Skynet took over your receiver; mayhem, fires, a seemingly self aware RC looking to break free of the transmitter reigns)
hey would you know why i don't have any reverse?

hey would you know why i don't have any reverse?

You may have accidentally changed the esc setting from forward/brake/reverse to just forward/brake. 🤷‍♂️

You may have accidentally changed the esc setting from forward/brake/reverse to just forward/brake. 🤷‍♂️
so i tried to find the right aux setting and couldnt so i just unplugged the aux cable and i still don't have reverse. when i push the trigger for reverse the esc flashes red

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back