Mamba monster original esc info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I have a original mamba monster esc and I was wondering what amps is it, is it still a good esc, and are the connectors smaller then 6.5 mm?
image.jpg

Interestingly enough, this ESC is old enough where Castle used to have a continuous amp rating. They stopped doing that quite a long time ago, and they have always been a bit conservative with their ratings. It's rated for 120A continously, but can surely do a bit more than that. In terms of today's standards, it's not really competitive or anything, but you could do worse. The connectors should be 6.5mm but it's worth checking.

To be honest and blunt, unless you don't mind it catching on fire! Just leave it on the side for nostalgia. Every one of the first 2 gen I had went up in flames. The monster 2, that was actually 3rd version, was much safer and water proof

Castle might give you $50 for trade in on a new esc for it. I am pretty sure Hobbywing would give you about the same.

Castle might give you $50 for trade in on a new esc for it. I am pretty sure Hobbywing would give you about the same.
Wait...they do this? I have 2 broken BLX100's and a broken BLX185.
I did notice Castle said even broken escs had a "core value" on their site but couldn't find any elaboration on it. So I wasn't really sure. But HobbyWing does it too?

Wait...they do this? I have 2 broken BLX100's and a broken BLX185.
I did notice Castle said even broken escs had a "core value" on their site but couldn't find any elaboration on it. So I wasn't really sure. But HobbyWing does it too?
Yeah I remember another thread where someone said Hobbywing offered them $50 off a new esc for their old VXL8s esc. They took my out of warranty Max6 in on trade.

Thanks for all your info! I haven’t heard of the mamba monster esc’s catching fire before. Vxl ones I have though. So you can trade in non hobbywing esc’s and they can give you percent off? Would castle give that much off a new mamba monster esc specifically?

Thanks for all your info! I haven’t heard of the mamba monster esc’s catching fire before. Vxl ones I have though. So you can trade in non hobbywing esc’s and they can give you percent off? Would castle give that much off a new mamba monster esc specifically?
I honestly think the Hobbywing one is a flat fee based on what tier the esc is. Looks like the cost of a new Mamba Monster under the tier 2 warranty is $92.00, being how the Mamba Monster has been out of production for quite some time I am willing to bet they would give you the Mamba Monster 2.

1698712611472.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back