Typhon Arrma Typhon Mega Need Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbizzle89

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
So guys, if you seen my last post about my motor burning up and life story on New to Arrma. I ended up replacing my stocked brushed with The Spektrum Firma 4000kv BL and ESC. Some of my bearings were seized that i rejuvenated with PB blaster and some marine greased packed in, good there. I will need a solid bearing replacement pack of bearings though. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with picking out some solid metal parts to start replacing the plastic ones with. I have a Hot Racing Metal Spur gear waiting for my plastic to disintegrate before I replace. But i wanted to do more metal parts such as steering knuckles, CVD, Diff input gears, etc. I want to eventually just deck it out... I know its expensive, I know I should of bought a BL model to save money. But I enjoy working and Customizing my ride myself. Its Half the Fun :D I would like to mount some lights in too so I can do some night riding. But Please Shower me in links to the parts you recommend. I'll update as I build it. Metal Control Arms, gears etc.

And does anybody know how to Convert these Sliding CVD to something better!? I broke the hot glued fix i had done on my passenger front wheel right where it attaches to that 4 pronged metal star thing... lol thanks for all your help and input

20220213_205617.jpg

20220213_205633.jpg

20220213_205643.jpg

Wrenching is the best part of this hobby. Seems like your wallet has no issue with this.
I wouldn't know where to tell you to start. I am not a 4x4 guy myself.

I can only say that Alloy arms are definitely not the way to go. You will be breaking/replacing that chassis left and and right.
You never stated how you want to drive this rig. If at all. :unsure:

Many just slam rigs with alloy and they are nice to look at on the shelf. We all fly differently with RC.
Some alloy upgrades may not be best for bashing. Most bash very hard with these 4x4 rigs.
Maybe too much for my taste. Just me. Why I prefer the 6s line of rigs personally.
Others here will surely have better info. (y)
Good luck.
:cool:

First upgrades to do when you convert a Mega to a brushless setup is the drivetrain. If you haven't already, make sure you upgrade the slipper clutch to the 3S one and make sure your diffs are properly filled with silicon diff fluid. While you're at it and you want to upgrade the hell out of the RC, go for the Arrma steel spur gear right away.

Another worthy upgrade is the motor mount. M2C has a super beefy one. CRCU and KC-RC also offer nice options that are stronger than the stock one.

Upgrading to the Typhon 6S shocks would be a great performance upgrade.

I don't know about the Arrma steel CVDs. I find the plastic driveshafts are very light and reliable when the slipper is adjusted properly.

Quite honestly, with all the money you're willing to put on it, I'd personally upgrade it to BL (but keep most of it stock), keep it as a backup car, buy a 6S and customize the hell out of the 6S. You'll have more customization options and it'll be more fun wrenching on the 6S platform.

Currently there are no direct upgrades for the driveshafts for the Typhon. All the aftermarket ones that say they fit the Typhon actually don't as they are too short.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back