ARRMA v4 #3s Typhon Build Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
Finally got me a #3s #Typhon that I always wanted! I currently own a few #ARRMA rigs, like the #Granite 3s BLX Monster Truck 4x4 / ARRMA #KRATON 6s Monster Truck / Notorious 6s stunt truck and now a #3s #Typhon that getting all beefed up??? fotr my speed runs! I am going to be doing a lot of upgrading to this buggy! My 1st upgrade was changed out the stock pinion and installed a 20t pinion and wow she fly's like a ? ? ? and changed out my stock arrma a-arms since I broke them on my 1st jump. lol So I got a set for the front and rear RPM A-arms.

Here are all of the following upgrades that have been done:
1. RPM -Arms front and rear
2. 6s ARRMA shocks
3. arrma 20t pinion
4. Tbone Racing front Bumper
6. Tbone Racing wheelie bar
7. GPM Racing - Aluminum front C hubs
8. GPM Racing - Stainless steel adjustable tie rods
9. GPM Racing - Aluminum front and rear knuckles
10. GPM Racing knuckles Aluminum Rear
11. Savox SW-0230MG Waterproof HV Digital Servo
12. Duratraxx - Lockup Tires
13. Just Bash It Rc 17mm spikes
14. Dboots Hoons for street bashing
15. Hot Racing Arrma 4x4 Bigrock Granite Senton Aluminum Pivot Ball Set ATF160B02
16. Hot Racing Arrma 4x4 - Adjustable Motor Mount ATF18M02
17. GPM Racing knuckles Aluminum Rear
18. Fast EEddy bearing
19. GRP Slicks on road street tires plus more

17mm SPIKES.jpeg

3s Typhon w: a new wing.jpeg

6s Typhon Shocks.jpeg

Typhon 20t pinion.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got in some new prts for my #3s #Typhon! Yesterday came in my bearings, HR BellCrank and my new Savox servo so I can ditch the pcs of garbage stock one that they stick you with! My next upgrade w/ me getting rid of this STX2 Spektrum remote and integrating it with my DX5C Smart 5-Channel DSMR Transmitter that I use on my 6s KRATON and my 6s Notorious! Also, waiting on a bunch of parts from GPM racing which should be here in about a week or so! When this rig is finished she will be a complete beast ? ? ?

1588164448357.png

Out of the 3s line up, the typhon is my favorite.
Thanks brother she is a little ripper and a fly's like a rocket there is no doubt about it ? ? ? ? ! Since I have a #v3 #KRATON and a #v4 #Notorious that's all beefed up with M2C and Just Bash It Rc parts they are strong as an OX ???! Feel free to check out my build logs on those two rigs! The links are below in my signature.

I picked up new set of #DbootHoons tires for my #Typhon for my street bashing! Currently w. just adding the 20t pinion she is faster then all of my #Arrma #6s #rigs but my Dynamite GPS meter is currently broke so I am waiting on Horizon Hobby to send me a brand new one since it comes with a 2 year warranty and i am dying to find out what kind of speeds I am getting, probably around 50-55mph on a fully charge 3s lipos. Safe bashing from FL,
U
1588245947216.png

i Figured sine its a Rainy day in FL today, I thought i would install some upgrades in my #3s #Typhon!
I got in my Hot Racing Bell Crank w/ no problems and now I am going to install my new Savox Servo Model # SX-0230mg.

Attachments

• Typhon 20t pinion.jpeg
    Typhon 20t pinion.jpeg
    551.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_5259.jpg
    IMG_5259.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5260.jpg
    IMG_5260.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 127
  • HR Bell Cark Installed.jpeg
    HR Bell Cark Installed.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 108
Yesterday, I was able to install my MOAG022-GS & MAG021-GS Aluminum front & rear knuckles on my 3s #Typhon. Next, its finally time to ditch these stock bearings & install my Fast Eddys bearings which should make a huge differences! Better start wrenching on the gorgeous Memorial day in FL!

Finally got my GPM Racing front and rear knuckles put in / Fast Eddys bearing kit installed and and my Savox servo.
Also installed the Spektrum surface SR315 DSMR 3 CH Receiver so I can control it with my Spectrum DX5C Remote!

She is ready for a speed bash since I put in a 20t pinion and changed out and put in the HR adjustable motor mount and a HR Bellcarnk to get rid of some of the slop!! ? ? ? ? ? ?
Typhon w: New Svaox Servo.jpeg

Pretty much got all of my upgrades installed in this speedster! Fast EEddy bearing have all been installed, Yesterday, I installed the GPMRacing - Aluminum front & rear knuckles PRT # MOAG022-GS & MAG021-GS. Finally got my Savox servo put in with a little modifiaction. and today I'll finish up with my front GPRacing Front - C-Hubs PRT #MAG019-GS..

Drop down view:
Typhon Upgrades.jpg

Side View w/ my upgrades and GPM Racing knuckles & c-hubs
IMG_5526.jpg

Front View:
IMG_5524.jpg

Front GPM RACING Knuckle AND C-HUB shot:
GPM Racing Rear knunckle & C-Hub.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty much got all of my upgrades installed in this speedster! Fast EEddy bearing have all been installed, Yesterday, I installed the GPMRacing - Aluminum front & rear knuckles PRT # MOAG022-GS & MAG021-GS. Finally got my Savox servo put in with a little modifiaction. and today I'll finish up with my front GPRacing Front - C-Hubs PRT #MAG019-GS..

Drop down view:
View attachment 85587
Side View w/ my upgrades and GPM Racing knuckles & c-hubs
View attachment 85588

Front View:
View attachment 85589

Front GPM RACING Knuckle AND C-HUB shot:
View attachment 85590

Those look really good! How is the fit?

Installed my TBR Chassis Skid!
Typhon_3s_Chassis_Skid1_695x522.jpg

Those look really good! How is the fit?
All of the GPM racing parts fit awesome and along with the HR Bellcarnk has took away all of the slop now!
It flys like a rocket in the air ? ? ?

Doing some minor upgrades to my #3s #Typhon! Going to be removing the heatsink and installing a HotRacing 57t spur gear and a Yeah Racing 30mmx30mm booster fan so I have no heat issues since I will be installing a RR 20t pinion!
3s Typhon upgrades.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got a new Typhon and painted it instead of going with the stock body which was a mistake. If you buy a new body for any of the ARRMA Rigs in my personal opinion the stock ones they make are the best... The other ones are just cheap plastic that will cracks on ya.

New Typhon Bdy3.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back