ARRMA v4 #3s Typhon Build Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I keep breaking my GPM Racing Turnbuckles, I am going to invest in a set of Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckle Kit..
1608126173579.png

Finally got me a #3s #Typhon that I always wanted! I currently own a few #ARRMA rigs, like the #Granite 3s BLX Monster Truck 4x4 / ARRMA #KRATON 6s Monster Truck / Notorious 6s stunt truck and now a #3s #Typhon that getting all beefed up??? fotr my speed runs! I am going to be doing a lot of upgrading to this buggy! My 1st upgrade was changed out the stock pinion and installed a 20t pinion and wow she fly's like a ? ? ? and changed out my stock arrma a-arms since I broke them on my 1st jump. lol So I got a set for the front and rear RPM A-arms.

Here are all of the following upgrades that have been done:
1. RPM -Arms front and rear
2. 6s ARRMA shocks
3. arrma 20t pinion
4. Tbone Racing front Bumper
6. Tbone Racing wheelie bar
7. GPM Racing - Aluminum front C hubs
8. GPM Racing - Stainless steel adjustable tie rods
9. GPM Racing - Aluminum front and rear knuckles
10. GPM Racing knuckles Aluminum Rear
11. Savox SW-0230MG Waterproof HV Digital Servo
12. Duratraxx - Lockup Tires
13. Just Bash It Rc 17mm spikes
14. Dboots Hoons for street bashing
15. Hot Racing Arrma 4x4 Bigrock Granite Senton Aluminum Pivot Ball Set ATF160B02
16. Hot Racing Arrma 4x4 - Adjustable Motor Mount ATF18M02
17. GPM Racing knuckles Aluminum Rear
18. Fast EEddy bearing
19. GRP Slicks on road street tires plus more

View attachment 76984

View attachment 76985

View attachment 76986

View attachment 84236
Love it!

I like those! How are they working out? Are you running it on asphalt or concrete?
How are those shocks working out? Look really nice. Jeff at ARRMA recommended these. https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...-granite-kraton-outcast-senton/PRO635901.html
Im doing a replacement chassis and it will be a good time to upgrade the turnbuckles and shocks. Cheers!
Uplift. Are these the same tires? https://www.ebay.com/itm/303660515110
I need something for the street. Great price if they last a few outings.

Last edited:
Pretty much got all of my upgrades installed in this speedster! Fast EEddy bearing have all been installed, Yesterday, I installed the GPMRacing - Aluminum front & rear knuckles PRT # MOAG022-GS & MAG021-GS. Finally got my Savox servo put in with a little modifiaction. and today I'll finish up with my front GPRacing Front - C-Hubs PRT #MAG019-GS..

Drop down view:
View attachment 85587
Side View w/ my upgrades and GPM Racing knuckles & c-hubs
View attachment 85588

Front View:
View attachment 85589

Front GPM RACING Knuckle AND C-HUB shot:
View attachment 85590

I think I'm going to get these steering parts, too. I've broken one twice already, and it doesn't really take much to do so. Quick little hit to a light pole or curb and pop!

Think there's much difference between the GPM and HotRacing blocks and knuckles?

Also the bellcrank and aluminum pivots are on my shortlist. You mentioned it tightened up the slop- is it a big difference?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back