Vendetta Arrma Vendetta engine & Esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyRitz1

Reaction score
Hello,

I am wanting to upgrade my Esc and motor on my vendetta once I try a couple more runs. I am just so confused as to what to go for. First let me show my current mods to help you better understand what I am trying to do.

Mods:
44T Spur/ slipper eliminated Mod08
32T Pinion - mod08
RCAWD F/R Control Arms
Custom Titanium F/R Tierods
RCAWD Metal Axles
RCAWD Big Bore Alloy Shocks
RCAWD Metal Hubs F/R
Carbon Fiber Center Chassis Brace
Coda Racing Center Bearing
Fast Eddys Ceramic Bearings Throughout
Hot Racing Alloy Driveshaft
Arrma 4s Metal Diff upgrade Boost box
Aluminum Yokes on both diffs
Spektrum Bluetooth module for DX3
Carbon Fiber Front splitter
Carbon fiber side skirts
Carbon Fiber Rear Winglets
Carbon Fiber rear Bat wing w/one-runner for less downforce for speed running….
CNHL 6200mah 100c 3s Batteries

The next upgrade is tires and I may go w/pro line vectors but I found out they have a rating of 80mph and I am trying and have well exceeded 80mph. So Dboots 2.4 Silvers may get ordered this week. My best speedrun to date was 97mph, and The car has been down since that run for two reasons. The stock servo crapped out on me and all steering was gone during the run. Thankfully I was able to stop the car safely. The second thing was as I was at peak, the front left tire made a horrible Bang and separated from the rim. The car has been on about 10-11 actual full on runs with the throttle pinned for a good while. I’ve been fortunate not to have any bad crashes…yet.

I am so torn with either staying with soektrum and throwing in a 150 or 160amp esc. Or should I go with hobbywing and get a 6s-8s system then upgrade the motor also. My goal for the car, is the moon. What motor and esc combo would you buy in my position? I only do speedruns.

Main reason also other than going as fast as possible is, The 100amp esc hits low voltage cut. SO OFTEN due to my gearing and heat is becoming a factor as one full run brings the temps to 200-220 degrees. Then hits heat cut also.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
IMG_1562.jpeg
IMG_1474.jpeg
IMG_1459.jpeg

Maybe this??
Balls to the wall.....
https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...w-1717-sensored-motor-cse010-0165-03/p1286234

Or this.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...w-1520-sensored-motor-cse010-0165-04/p1277571

I think you outgrew the Spektrum stuff by now. Amp wise. You are well into serious Speed Running now.
Just me.
Nice setup you have there.
:cool:
Thank you! I am an amateur too. This is
Only my second car ever. I started with a TT02R and built
It from scratch. That car also I hit a PB 98 mph. But never could beat it. I crashed it. Then bought another bath chassis and transferred everything over to the new chassis. Now the car is so clean and tight and perfect, I just don’t want to send it down the road again. Haha.

The vendetta was a careful choice but I realized the hard way, that this is different than a limitless or infraction. I thought it was all the same, with the vendetta being the baby of the group. But they are so different chassis wise and parts are hard to get for vendettas or are so limited. I do intend in getting a limitless roller v2 in the next month or so.

I don’t know squat when it comes to the electronics on these things. I have a good grasp on it but not fully.

I appreciate your choices and I have seriously considered the 1717 motor. I was wanting to ask, would a Hobbywing Max6. 200amp 6s Esc be able to run with my stick 3660? And if I just did the Esc for now, would this be of any benefit to try and run 6s in the stock motor?

I always had a goal to try and squeeze as much speed as physically possible out of the stick motor and Esc. The Esc being the weakest link in my opinion based off the safety parameters tuned into it. It protects itself so much and hits limp mode so often, I almost uninstalled it and was going to just throw in a 130amp spectrum just to stop the LVC crap.

But why do you think? Esc upgrade first. See what happens? Or don’t try it?

Reason why I keep leaning towards Hobbywing is, I just think they look pretty decent and the price is attractive. Those castle xlx2s have been in my sights, but man 400 bucks is a chunk for me. Let me know your thoughts.

Either a Castle MMX combo or a Hobbywing Max8 G2 combo will run a lot cooler than a Spektrum system. Both are sensored systems which allow you to run a larger pinion without heat issues or cogging. You will need a programmer with either one to get the best performance.

My Kraton 6s has the Castle system in SrC's first link, and it's a beast! I can only imagine what it would be like in a smaller and lighter vehicle like the Vendetta.

Thanx for the reply.

Right now I have the Spektrum programmer and the Bluetooth module to monitor temps and speed. I had to upgrade the servo as the stock one got fried during my last run. I installed a 35kg Betu.

If I run a sensor end esc, then I would have to run a different sensors motor right?

I want to upgrade the esc to move away from the Spektrum 100amp. It works okay, but then once I nail the throttle fully at too low a speed, it immediately goes into that LVC Limp Mode and once it does it once, it keeps happening.

I came across some other issues that were my fault. I tried disabling the AVC to try and prevent the esc from pulling amperage for traction, because I felt this had a lot to do with the esc hitting LVC.

When I did the sequence to disable the AVC, it made my car run horribly and would t even drive straight which ultimately was a bad servo.

Now I’ve ordered new dboots silver 2.rs for my vendetta because also during my last run, a tire became unglued from the rim. I don’t trust them anymore to make a full run even though I used pro line tire glue in all 4 as a precaution. It just messed with my head to much to trust them again.

The Esc/motor has gotten to 212 degrees at most which is friggin insane and I know it’s because my gearing and that was because I did two back to back hot laps while fully pinning throttle in both runs.

My goal was to crack into the 100s on stock esc and motor. Now I’m thinking upgrading just the esc to keep temps down and maybe prevent any LVC issues from happening.

I also upgraded the firmware in the Esc and programmer.

I set the timing to 0 because I heard that with my hearing, I should be careful. The stock timing is high, like 21 degrees.

Do you or anyone know if I should be increasing this or leave it at 0?

I only do speedruns. I bashed and did the crazy donuts and all when I had it stick. Then once I started the upgrades, I knew without a slipper, to not do these types of things.

Let me know if timing should be set and based on a 44T sour and 32T pinion, what degree of timing?

And would me replacing the wax with a Hobbywing cause any calibration issues using a Spektrum 3660?

Paint it black and shout I'm Batman.

JK,
On your upgrades list it says you also installed a center brace but on the picture i cant see it. If you don't have a center brace i recommend that one.

I'm a big fan of Hobbywing. I have a Vendetta as well. My system is with the stock motor and a 6s150A ESC. I tried the 2050 motor and 6s system just not enough kv so I went back to the stock 3900, the car will run 90+ on 4s all day but I have struggled to get a clean run on 6s. So, I bought a Limitless and now I am running over 110+ with ease.
Going to a 6S ESC and running 4s will get up over 100mph.

Last edited:
I would love to know the true speed of this setup, cuz it isn't 97!! Not trying to burst your bubble or be a downer.. but it would be sweet to know fr fr.. 🤔
More or less, you think? First RC speed calculator on Google says 102mph with this setup, so if he hit 97, I think that's pretty good. Unless the calculation I did is all wrong 😅(could be)

I think he’s using the dashboard on the radio and not a GPS

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back