Vendetta Vendetta 6s build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stopped by my lhs today and picked up some shorter turnbuckles. Got the car much lower than it was.

Going to look for a small chunk of lead I think to add to the front of the car to get some weight up front.

Also I was having issues with the motor wires popping out of the esc so I ordered extensions for the time being. Going to try and make it work without them though. I might move the esc and see what I can do there.

Hopefully in the next few days I can do shakedown v3 and make a clean pass.

IMG_1625.jpeg

IMG_1619.jpeg

Stopped by my lhs today and picked up some shorter turnbuckles. Got the car much lower than it was.

Going to look for a small chunk of lead I think to add to the front of the car to get some weight up front.

Also I was having issues with the motor wires popping out of the esc so I ordered extensions for the time being. Going to try and make it work without them though. I might move the esc and see what I can do there.

Hopefully in the next few days I can do shakedown v3 and make a clean pass.

View attachment 321022

View attachment 321023
Get it low as road will allow an rear a bit higher.did ya cut out battery tray where packs slid upto steering rack??raise rear high an front low...then slowly start lowering rear an youll see it when its good cause frontend will start looking light as it gos by....don't add weight to nose till it starys darting..i call it darting when it'll either go left or right at a set speed.usely into the 120s.then ya add weight to nose,but not really needed if you cut tray an move packs foward

Get it low as road will allow a rear a bit higher.did ya cut out battery tray where packs slid upto steering rack??raise rear high an front low...then slowly start lowering rear an youll see it when its good cause frontend will start looking light as it gos by....don't add weight to nose till it starys darting..i call it darting when it'll either go left or right at a set speed.usely into the 120s.then ya add weight to nose,but not really needed if you cut tray an move packs foward
Thanks for the info. I’ve only removed the little plastic stopper for the battery. I’ll do some trimming and get the battery moved more up front.

Shakedown v3: car made a clean pass and drove back on its own power. Made a second run and it got really squirrelly. I have a rc6gs on the way so I’ll have to research how to get that setup so I can keep this car from jumping around so much.

Overall happy with the results so far.

IMG_1636.png

IMG_1637.jpeg

I got my 3DRC ESC mount today so I am starting my 3s > 6s conversion this weekend with a spare 6s combo I got from JRC a year ago but I will need to order some more parts like a spool, spur, axles, and center brace, etc. once I start disassembling so it will be a slow build.

New servo in last night and glued the servo saver. Hopefully that’ll correct some of the squirrellyness. Right now the car is running 40/28 gearing. I have a 36t spur to put in but I’m waiting for my avid bearings to show up to swap.

I would really like to make a 120+ pass today but we will see.

IMG_1658.jpeg

New servo in last night and glued the servo saver. Hopefully that’ll correct some of the squirrellyness. Right now the car is running 40/28 gearing. I have a 36t spur to put in but I’m waiting for my avid bearings to show up to swap.

View attachment 321447
Did you get a good pass yesterday? I had some "good" passes on mine today, (car all stock with the "high speed" pinion)

For me it looked fast. Still waiting on gps, (guess it's around 70mph as everyone else) and I know I probably will try to reach 100 somehow 😅

View attachment 321447
Can you describe what an how fast its going when its squirrelly??ive gotten really good at tuning this platform an can usely diagnose issue .these plastic chassis cars have tons of suspension twist when you stary adding weight an power to them..supporting suspension is a gamechanger..zipties are easiest way to support all 4 corners...trying for 2s 110mph pb here in couple hrs..ran 2 108s an a 209 last night so i think i can get it today..check out how i ziptie turnbuckles to body mounts for support

20230815_161154.jpg

20230909_193607.jpg

20230909_193616.jpg

Little bit of an update on the vendetta:

After a crash I decided to relocate the esc, the motor wires kept pulling out of the esc. Got my rc6gs in so spent some time researching/setting up that. Got a new 2mm DP body and some Avid bearings for throughout the car.

Unfortunately I broke my left leg last Sunday so I’m out for the count as far as speed runs for now.

IMG_1733.jpeg

IMG_1734.jpeg

Can you describe what an how fast its going when its squirrelly??ive gotten really good at tuning this platform an can usely diagnose issue .these plastic chassis cars have tons of suspension twist when you stary adding weight an power to them..supporting suspension is a gamechanger..zipties are easiest way to support all 4 corners...trying for 2s 110mph pb here in couple hrs..ran 2 108s an a 209 last night so i think i can get it today..check out how i ziptie turnbuckles to body mounts for support

View attachment 321675

View attachment 321676

View attachment 321677
I think I just didn’t have my end points etc adjusted correctly. I finally got my radiolink TX in, so I have everything ready to go. I’ll see how that goes. From what I’ve read the radiolink is a huge improvement over the stock dx3 tx..
Did you get a good pass yesterday? I had some "good" passes on mine today, (car all stock with the "high speed" pinion)

For me it looked fast. Still waiting on gps, (guess it's around 70mph as everyone else) and I know I probably will try to reach 100 somehow 😅
Unfortunately not. I ended up breaking my leg the day I was planning on doing it 😬

These platforms require some serious balancing and probably some precise ballast weight, or they are squirrelly for sure. Areo will always play a part also.
Want to take it to the next level??? Then you need a Digital Cross Weight scale on your bench to accomplish that. With the rig in its full running weight on the 4 scales. Body and all. How I fly with my stuff. Makes a big difference. And speeds up your success.
Poor Cross weight Bias, not necesarily F-R bias, is what can make them very unpredictable. Adding just an extra few grams by simply extending motor leads has a big impact on the Cross weight bias. Only a scale can reveal what is going on. A 50/50 percent cross weight target makes a huge difference. I can't express that enough.
Also, No dialable Droop provisioning is built into these 4x4 chassis'. One major problem that I see, IMHO.
Setting a "fixed" droop work around alone, can be time consuming.

Last edited:
Found a new speed run spot that is much better than the road at my house. It’s wider, no traffic, and much smoother.

First drive with the rc6gs and after I broke my leg so I was very easy on it. It’s much better with the new TX but I still have quite a bit of practice to do with being smooth on throttle/steering. Although it’s not a PB for me it was a clean pass so I’m happy with that.

IMG_9375.jpeg

“Traxxas turnbuckles in place of stock shocks”

Hey there Vendetta buddy, what is the part number for those traxxas turnbuckles? Thanks

Great work so far.
You may want to try going back to running front shocks and install tygon fuel tubing as travel limiters. It looks live that pavement is rather coarse rock. Having some damping would help.

Great work so far.
You may want to try going back to running front shocks and install tygon fuel tubing as travel limiters. It looks live that pavement is rather coarse rock. Having some damping would help.
Appreciate the advice. I’m going to try and find a better spot next spring. I’m out for the winter for speed runs.

Decided to take the vendetta out today and was able to get a new pb for the car. Pretty happy about that. This run I was using a cnhl 5200 6s1p lipo.

This was at a new spot that’s pretty bumpy. Going to go back to front shocks over the turnbuckles. Hopefully that’ll soak up some of the road. Should be able to hit around 120 at this spot safely.

IMG_2386.jpeg

IMG_2385.png

Had a nice day out so decided to take the vendetta out. Still haven’t switched back to front shocks so the car is pretty bumpy but was able to beat my last pb with the car by 4mph. Slowly creeping its way up.

Also took out my new build for its first run, Hobao vte2 TP 4070cm / xlx2. This is my first 7th scale car, and I was so surprised on how much smoother/easier to drive it was than the vendetta. Stoked to get more time with this chassis.

IMG_2627.jpeg

IMG_2629.png

IMG_2633.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back