Vendetta Vendetta- purchased Dboots 2.4 Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyRitz1

Reaction score
I just purchased dboots silver 2.4 for my vendetta. I wanted to upgrade the hex to 17mm to run some GRPs as everyone has recommended to me for my speedrun goals, but I really didn’t want to have to cut up the wheel wells just to make it fit.

I will be making another run soon on the new tires this week. Still stock 100amp esc and stock 3660 motor with a 44T mod08 spur and 32T pinion. I’m hoping to crack into the 100s.

IMG_1389.jpeg

IMG_1388.jpeg

IMG_1387.jpeg

IMG_1233.jpeg

IMG_1158.png

You should get a GPS to see your true mph, that dashboard is very inaccurate.. I would bet my lunch money that you haven't even cracked into the high 70's with that setup!! Also you may have to trim the wells anyway for those 35/85's, just a heads up!! 😎

I just purchased dboots silver 2.4 for my vendetta. I wanted to upgrade the hex to 17mm to run some GRPs as everyone has recommended to me for my speedrun goals, but I really didn’t want to have to cut up the wheel wells just to make it fit.

I will be making another run soon on the new tires this week. Still stock 100amp esc and stock 3660 motor with a 44T mod08 spur and 32T pinion. I’m hoping to crack into the 100s.

View attachment 343125

View attachment 343126

View attachment 343127

View attachment 343128

View attachment 343129
What shocks are those? Link?

You should get a GPS to see your true mph, that dashboard is very inaccurate.. I would bet my lunch money that you haven't even cracked into the 80's with that setup!! Also you may have to trim the wells anyway for those 35/85's, just a heads up!! 😎
I actually tested the Spektrum dashboard up against my friends GNSS. That’s how I got my PB of 97. His GNSS said 98 mph and every other run, it would be give or take 1 and at most 2 mph off from the Spektrum. I do intend on getting one but I know the car is just under 100 as it already popped the stock tires and I did 4 runs that day with him. The runs were 82mph on Spektrum and 80 on GNSS. 87MPH on Spektrum and 87 on GNSS. 94mph on Spektrum and 92 on GNSS Then the last run being the best run at 97 mph on Spektrum and 98mph on GNSS. This is where the stock servo stopped working for good and I was able to brake before hitting a curb in the left hand side. The front left (passenger) side tire popped the seal off the rim and made a gunshot like bang. Scared the crap out of me.

Now I installed a 35KG Betu servo with a Hot Racing saver. I’m going to recalibrate the avc and esc. Then go at it again with the new tires.

I really don’t want to trim the wheel wells and I seen a side by side of them and they are no bigger or wider in my opinion. I will see once I have them in my hands. The other plus is the silvers won’t balloon like the elevens do I heard? So I may have more room anyway. The ballooning is the problem for me because I always have an issue once I’m really moving. Before the tire blew, the runs started getting a little sketchy when I’m actually getting up in speed. I’ve been able to hold full throttle a good solid 3-4 seconds before having to let out.

I’m looking at throwing in a Hobbywing max6 g2 esc to keep temps down as I’m always in the 200s for temp after I run. Then I want to upgrade the motor and try to go as fast as possible. I like the 1717 castle max 8s setup. But I am not liking the price.

IMG_1158.png

RCAWD.. I threw GPM 6s shocks on mine
They are RCAWD

RACWD RC Shocks Absorber 70mm for ARRMA INFRACTION 4X4 570 MEGA, VENDETTA 4X4 3S BLX Upgrade Parts, Full aluminum Front Rear Shock Absorber Damper 4pcs for 1/8 3S ARA4215V3, ARA4319V3, ARA330701 Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TNM4X5C

You should get a GPS to see your true mph, that dashboard is very inaccurate.. I would bet my lunch money that you haven't even cracked into the high 70's with that setup!! Also you may have to trim the wells anyway for those 35/85's, just a heads up!! 😎
Sorry correction. My Spektrum said 97mph and friends GNSS said 87mph. So my PB is 87Mph officially. I KEPT SAYING 97. It just has a 44 spur and a 32 pinion in 3s 6200 100c batteries. Everything else like diffs axles alloy driveshaft etc was done also.

Now I’ve removed the aftermarket front shocks and modified two stock shocks. I took 4 servo rubber bushings that come in servo kits. Then put them in the metal rib / plunger so they sit inside the oil reservoir for the stock shock and I added TLR Blue shock oil. Just a lil bit. Now they are super stiff and the vendetta is sitting only a fingers width high from the ground. I almost had a blow over last time out too. The front came up and it broke one of my carbon rear winglets off but if I didn’t have them in, nothing would’ve stopped it from back flipping onto its roof. I let out and it came down pretty good. I reinstalled the winglets and repaired them.

Now waiting on those tires and see what it’ll do again.
My friend started laughing his ass off at me. He said no bro. You didn’t hit 90 bro. He said 87. Not 97 dude. Which is good I remember saying oh crap that’s still nadass but having a bunch of issues and feeling like the car was done for. I didn’t crash but I was having intermittent steering problems. It would turn left and not right. Then suddenly it would act fine. Then mid run on the best run, the steering stopped working and tire popped at the same time. Or the tire popped and that’s what did my servo in for good. I’m Gona start filming my runs more also.

Trying to think of a way to run the car while riding passenger in my truck so I’m side by side almost with it. So I can keep an eye on it. I may be getting old but after a run. I can’t see the car for poop and it becomes an issue when cars start showing up and I have no idea what way the cars facing or where it’s at. Thanks for posting. New to the board and figured. I come here all the time for all my answers. Might as well start sharing my experiences. I’m going to build a limitless also soon and I’ll go through the build step by step. I plan on doing it in 4 parts up until actually running it. Maybe taking about a week to complete. Later!

Last edited:
I was not able to brake 100mph with my Vendetta but I did get very close on 4s so I moved on the Limitless.

I was not able to brake 100mph with my Vendetta but I did get very close on 4s so I moved on the Limitless.
Yeah I really want to do it. That guy on YouTube did it with a 150amp ESC and 6s on stock motor. He did add the 26T pinion Arrma gives you and that was pretty much all he did. He hit 104 mph, his names Earl Moorhead. I know he blew a tire also like I did.

I’m looking at right now a Hobbywing 8BL150 ESC with 4268SL 2600KV. Can run 6s also. I have 2 3s batteries I can run with it. I feel like this will get me well into the 100s. Only $149.99 direct from Hobbywing also.

I am very familiar with Earl Morehead and all his videos as aggravating as they are to watch. I run the 150 amp ESC 6S on my stock motor but I only run 4 S in it because on 6S I’ve had nothing but troubles with tires and differentials. He did a lot of set up. The rear of the car cannot squat. If it does, the front end will come up regardless of what you do. I made it to the high 90s on 4s with a spool 44T. I forget what the spur was at the moment. I was working way too hard to try and get to 100. High 90s was enough, I had plenty of crashes on three, four and 6S along the way. I’ve been very lucky with my limitless. I went 99 on the first pass 108 on the second pass and 110 on the third pass. .

Last edited:
I am very familiar with Earl Morehead and all his videos as aggravating as they are to watch. I run the 150 amp ESC 6S on my stock motor but I only run four in it because on 6S I’ve had nothing but troubles with tires and differentials. He did a lot of set up. The rear of the car cannot squat. If it does, the front end will come up regardless of what you do. I made it to the high 90s on 4s with a spool 44. I forget what the spur was at the moment. I was working way too hard to try to get to 100 high 90s was it was enough I had plenty of crashes on three and four and 6S along the way. I’ve been very lucky with my limitless. I went 99 on the first pass 108 on the second pass and 110 on the third pass. .
What motor and Esc you running in the limitless? 2050kv? Spektrum system? I’m buying a limitless v2 roller next week. I already have perfect pass control arms, driveshafts and carbon fiber kit. I’m putting a 2028 in that one on a xlx2. I’m literally copy catting a single motor perfect pass car. If I destroy it I destroy it.

Hobbywing Max5 HV G2 and a 4990sd 1650kv on 8S 39/32 and a radiolink gs6

Nope! 49mm/90mm. I think the biggest motor that will fit is a 40mm. I have tried a bunch of motors in the vendetta and I always go back to the stock 3900kv. I don't know what the sd or sl stands for. I think it's censored or not. But it's a nice Combo. For $339

EzRun MAX6 G2 Combo (MAX6 G2 + 4990SD 1650KV G2) $239​

I run this in my Felony.​

I don't think the 2028 Castle motor will not fit in the stock motor mount.

Last edited:
Nope! 49mm/90mm. I think the biggest motor that will fit is a 40mm. I have tried a bunch of motors in the vendetta and I always go back to the stock 3900kv. I don't know what the sd or sl stands for. I think it's censored or not. But it's a nice Combo. For $339

EzRun MAX6 G2 Combo (MAX6 G2 + 4990SD 1650KV G2) $239​

I run this in my Felony.​

I don't think the 2028 Castle motor will not fit in the stock motor mount.
I could’ve swore that the first two numbers are for the diameter and the second two numbers are for the length. So when it says 4990. That’s a 49 mm diameter with a 90mm length. Like there’s a guy who runs a 4268 motor in his vendetta. Then I’ve seen people say that you can fit any 42 series in the vendetta. but I don’t even know what I want to do.

I think you may have to modify the chassis to make the 42 series fit. It would definitely be sitting on the chassis. I have put a 40 series motor in my vendetta and it just didn’t work out. KV is important 2050 6S system overpowered the car. I think going back to the 3900 KV motor With a 6s ESC has worked out the best, running it on 4s. However, when I go to 6s again, it overpowers the car. Rolling 65 miles an hour it will smoke the tires. It’s very hard to get it up to speed with a punch level at 1 without it blowing the tires off. I use my vendetta as a training tool for high-speed driving. The process of going fast is something that takes a little time to learn. If you want your car to survive my suggestion is at this point move onto the Limitless you won’t regret it.

I think you may have to modify the chassis to make the 42 series fit. It would definitely be sitting on the chassis. I have put a 40 series motor in my vendetta and it just didn’t work out. KV is important 2050 6S system overpowered the car. I think going back to the 3900 KV motor With a 6s ESC has worked out the best, running it on 4s. However, when I go to 6s again, it overpowers the car. Rolling 65 miles an hour it will smoke the tires. It’s very hard to get it up to speed with a punch level at 1 without it blowing the tires off. I use my vendetta as a training tool for high-speed driving. The process of going fast is something that takes a little time to learn. If you want your car to survive my suggestion is at this point move onto the Limitless you won’t regret it.
I am really really confused and torn as to what to put into it to upgrade the Esc and motor. I’m pretty sure the main thing holding me back is the ability to run 4s- or 6s or 8s? 12s lol

I hear what you’re saying as one other person told me the same EXACT thing. To throw in a 150amp Spektrum ESC and run it in 4s as he said it is “The Sweet Spot”, anything more becomes very hard to tame and you may never get to hit full throttle just because of instability on many parts of the car.

I understood right away that the vendetta is almost impossible to compete against a limitless with the correct modifications. Or even with just a 6s Spektrum system installed. A limitless with a xlx2 and a 2028 or something. Lights out for the vendetta. This is why I kinda have this goal now to hit a speed that will floor everyone. Or even a world record for a vendetta to date. Not sure what is the fastest or who is the fastest. All I know is, I’m going to try and just send it. If all else fails, I am already in the works for a limitless. I have a brand new v2 Roller and I have some perfect pass mods ready to go into it. The limitless is going to be literally a shelf queen that don’t sit on a shelf. No expense will be spared.

I’ve upgraded the differentials to all metal from Arrma. The 4s boost box. I chose 500K weight diff fluid front and back to lock it up somewhat, but not fully. I’ve dropped the spur down to 44T and eliminated the slipper and mated it to a Arrma 32 T pinion. I’ve upgraded all the parts that were plastic, to alloy. Control arms, tie rods, hubs and have swapped every single bearing to fast Eddys ceramics. Not cheap. I have a hot racing driveshaft and coda center bearing also fast eddy ceramic bearing on that also. I installed an all aluminum motor/gear housing to eliminate any flex in that part of the car. I felt like the stock one is okay, but to trust just an aluminum plate screwed to plastic holding a motor and pinion going that fast? I just felt it had to be done. Also looks cool to me.

I then addressed aero and put a front splitter side skirts, rear winglets and a speedrun dedicated rear wing. All carbon. This helped the body seal up on the bottom to the chassis and I just don’t get why Arrma didn’t do that in the first place. So much air can get under the body if the vendetta that it’s almost like the holes above the wheels HAD to be done for that reason.

I now removed the big bore alloy shocks I installed in the front and modified two stock shocks to drop the front end ride height. I also stiffened them up dramatically. The front end has to be pushed down on very hard to get any movement, but it does move with force. the back shocks are afternarket also , but i stiffened them up drastically as well.

My idea in mind is, if i can make the front end rock solid almost immovable as it is and make the rear have more clearance and squat easier. The. When I lay into it, it’ll squat its ass and it’s footing, then stay straight and planted. Orr I may have created a wheelie machine, which is what will find out this week.

I upgraded the servo to 35KG from Betu, because the stock one crapped out entirely. I found when I first got the car. It was super easy to get it straight and gun it flat out. As I did more and more runs, the stock servo became weaker and weaker, then the car would t drive straight no matter what I did. Eventually, the servo gave out entirely at the worst time possible. During my last speedrun.

I have been very lucky to not have a high speed crash as of YET. Because I know it will happen one day. It’s just something I accepted and understood when I started this journey.

Now what I’ve wanted to do is go with Hobbywing just because cost. If I don't like the setup, then It won’t hurt as bad as if I bought a badass castle system that may render the car useless by being overpowered. This is where I feel like, Tuning is going to be the ticket to lay down a lot of power fast enough but gentle enough where the car just takes it and makes an amazing run.

I just installed my Dboots Hoons 2.4 Silvers. The stock tires already had a blowout on the same run my servo went out. I glued the tires up again but I just kept feeling like. I can’t trust it. I bought the 2.4s first to see what I can do with them because I just didn’t want to change it to 17mm YET just to run GRPs or something because I really don’t want to cut up the body and stuff like that. Again, my goal is to make the fastest vendetta possible while remaining as close to stock as possible. If I start putting 2.9 inch 17mm hex wheels and tires. I might as well stop and just concentrate on the limitless which I know I can get very very fast speeds. But where the real challenge in that? Everyone knows pretty much how to build a really fast limitless.

So until the day this car crashes and burns literally. I am going to keep trying to gun for 150mph on a stock 3660. If not in a 3660. Then something. If it don’t workout it don’t workout but I’m a stubborn SOB and I can’t quit.

IMG_1591.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1585.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

IMG_1584.jpeg

IMG_1581.jpeg

IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1416.jpeg

IMG_1405.jpeg

IMG_1388.jpeg

IMG_1391.jpeg

IMG_1387.jpeg

You got me thing that a Max6 G2 might be a good option, using your stock motor and gearing. It has blue tooth and a app. for your phone so you can pull a data log and see amp draw/more data.

You got me thing that a Max6 G2 might be a good option, using your stock motor and gearing. It has blue tooth and an app. for your phone so you can pull a data log and see amp draw/more data.
Just to let you know, I have built actual FED All Motor Drag Hondas and had a few street cars that weee very fast. All built by me.

When it comes to RC. I know absolutely JACK. All I did when I got this Vendetta was learn everything I could and what I couldn’t understand l, I learned on my own.

When you say I should out in a Hobbywing ESC and use the stock 3660 Spektrum motor. My brain tells me maybe that won’t work together? But if it DOES work together. Then Heck yeah that sounds like a good step in the right direction.

This is only my 2nd RC car I have EVER owned. My first car I still have is a TT02 Clone all alloy with a brushless S3650 & 80Amp Esc. Running a 44T spur with 28T pinion. I managed to get 98 Mph on the tt02 and wrecked the same run. Now I rebuilt it in a brand new bath chassis and replaced the damaged parts. Now the car is so nice and fresh and tight. I just have it in display and don’t want to send it to hell again.

The vendetta? Different story. I don’t want to purposely destroy it. I just want to give it all it’s got and I want to hit 120-130 using stick motor ATLEAST. I MORE ABD MORE HAVE REALIZED THE STOCK 100amp Spektrum, just won’t allow me to get too much further with 3s especially.

Question— what would happen if I plugged up a 4s battery to the stock esc? Would I just fry it?

I have noticed with you.. your mph ratings are way out in left feild, like way out there.. let's see this tt-02 that has seen the same speed as that vendetta you claim.. 98 huh!? 🙄

It won't do anything, I doubt it will initiate a cell count sequence but it may beep.. over voltage protection.. try it out!

giphy (10).gif

I have noticed with you.. your mph ratings are way out in left feild, like way out there.. let's see this tt-02 that has seen the same speed as that vendetta you claim.. 98 huh!? 🙄

It won't do anything, I doubt it will initiate a cell count sequence but it may beep.. over voltage protection.. try it out!

View attachment 343953
My speeds are from the spektrum dashboard. That’s what I always use.

I bought a spektrum receiver for the tt02. So I can use the same dashboard app to document speed and watch the temps. Check it out.

Is the Spektrum dashboard no good for speed or something?? Because if it is, I can’t imagine it being so far off that it anywhere near the correct actual speed. The tt02 was going si fast I couldn’t even barely see it and then it took off going airborne for another 100 feet at least.

The vendetta also is geared but if stock it can go 70mph plus with just the 26T pinion they throw in. Then is it really that far off with what my vendetta has?

There’s only one way to make sure slim guessing and that would be to buy one of those skyrc gps systems which. My friend had one day when he came with me. He had the one he uses in his cellphone. He confirmed 87mph on the vendetta. The tt02, the 98mph was just from the Spektrum app.

If the Spektrum app is really that off let me know. Because I can’t imagine a company that known and expensive making a ish product. No?

IMG_1601.jpeg
IMG_1600.jpeg
IMG_1599.jpeg

And just so you know that battery in the TT02 is the 2s battery. I did that in 3s. Batteries. I just have the 2s sitting in the tt02 because I never drive it or use that battery anyway and it was just laying around.

The 3s batteries I have are CNHL 6200mah 100C.

Question with that also. I see other 3s batteries with 8000-9000mah. 120C. Can I run that in the vendetta? Or what do I have to lookout for?
Mi have two 3s batteries 6200 100c. CNHL. I want to eventually get my car a 6s-8s system. I intend on running the two 3s I have together.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back