Vorteks Arrma Vorteks 4x4 3S BLX Officially Announced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not normal. I think it’s due to too tight mesh between the input gear and diff ring gear.

Possibly. The mesh on mine was indeed ridiculously tight (the diff yokes were as tight as possible). I backed off the diff yoke screws a bit; the mesh is now fine and everything spins smoothtly. I have yet to really drive the car, so I can't say if it clicks or not. It didn't seem to in my garage when I powered it up, but I obviously couldn't drive it very fast.

Maiden drive with the Vorteks today. I love it. It drives and jumps very well. It is not great on rough terrain (no surprise there, given the short suspension travel), but so much fun on the right surface. It works just as I thought it would and I am very satisfied.

Mine doesn't have the clicking sound. I am on the stock slipper, but I upgraded to a metal spur right away. I also backed off the screws on the diff yokes in order to have a better mesh between the input gears and the diffs. I think the clicking sound may come from there.

Only issue: It drains the batteries much faster than our Granite 3S. I wonder if the motor has a problem. The entire drivetrain is very smooth. No binding anywhere. I will need to investigate.

6s Vorteks. We knew someone would try it. But to me, it looks like a bad idea. It just wheelies and wheel spins. 4s worked well in JayTee's video though.

Vorteks owners, what's your top speeds on 3s, 18t? I'm only managing to get 48mph running a Hoovo 3s 7200 60c.

Just got my Vorteks. Did a quick run and it went well.

Has anyone tried running granite or BRCC wheels on the Vorteks? Would like to occasionally have a little more ride height but curious if those tires will hit the body more than the Katars do.

Just got my Vorteks. Did a quick run and it went well.

Has anyone tried running granite or BRCC wheels on the Vorteks? Would like to occasionally have a little more ride height but curious if those tires will hit the body more than the Katars do.
This guy put MX28's on, same size as the Granite tires. Yes they rub more.

Arrma listed under Optional Parys, parts for. Center brace tube, but there is no.part number foe the c enter brace tube itself. Is this a.part that.is.up and.coming or is the shkrtest.tube at.233mm for the 4s the tube to use.
Part number.is ARA311001

That shows a pinion to me.
Yep!
Screenshot_20210515-115358_Chrome.jpg

It should be either of these from the 4s line. I'd imagine it's the 200mm since it's a short wheelbase but best to measure the distance on the Vorteks. The mounts on either end would need to be added and should increase the total length a bit.
_20210515_110137.png

_20210515_110230.png

Had my first failure however thankfully nothing actually broke and no parts were lost.

A front wheel flew off with the hub assembly still attached via the outer nut. It came out from the inside of the wheel hub. There's a screw that holds AR310784 in place and this had backed out. The screw was trapped inside there so I didn't lose it and was able to reassemble and get back to driving.

Seems a silly design, I think Loctite will be needed here.

View attachment 143242
I had this exact same thing happen on the front right side today. Someone at the track said they saw someone else have the same problem with the Vorteks the other day. Easy fix however. Put some loctite on.

Edit: Actually, it looks like the motor is also completely locked up from dirt after bringing it home. Dirt inside everything in there. I was getting quick red beeps on the ESC and it wouldn't move. I put it on the ground at home and tried to move it but it was totally locked. The gears were also meshed extremely tight when I pulled it open. I blast it out with air after using it every time too :(

Last edited:
I had this exact same thing happen on the front right side today. Someone at the track said they saw someone else have the same problem with the Vorteks the other day. Easy fix however. Put some loctite on.

Edit: Actually, it looks like the motor is also completely locked up from dirt after bringing it home. Dirt inside everything in there. I was getting quick red beeps on the ESC and it wouldn't move. I put it on the ground at home and tried to move it but it was totally locked. The gears were also meshed extremely tight when I pulled it open. I blast it out with air after using it every time too :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back