Aviation/Military geeks will love this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
I remember this story from 2003, and it still gives me chills. I was super excited to find this interview with Kim Campbell, the Air Force captain who flew her A-10 back to a successful landing after ground fire in Baghdad swiss-cheesed her aircraft and took out all flight hydraulics, a good portion of the left wing, and damaged her control surfaces. This is just an amazing interview and really makes me proud of the people serving our country. This woman is a total bad ass.
IMG_2875.jpeg

IMG_2876.jpeg

I was shocked to hear that cannon is 19ft long! Crazy. A10’s are bad ass!

To better to reach out and tickle you with..

I remember being in a joint firing exercise, with our M1s parked in the bunkers the A10s would fly overhead and let that cannon rip. You would just hear the Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp and see nothing but smoke down range, very cool to see!

Last edited:
I remember being in a joint firing exercise, with our M1s parked in the bunkers the A10s would fly overhead and let that cannon rip. You would just hear the Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp and see nothing but smoke down range, very cool to see!
WOW, I envy you for that experience, it must have been amazing!

To think they almost canned the A10 almost a decade or so ago. I remember seeing a documentary about how all the ground forces amd pilots alike were fighting to keep it in service since nothing provides close air support like the warthog or is as durable.

To think they almost canned the A10 almost a decade or so ago. I remember seeing a documentary about how all the ground forces amd pilots alike were fighting to keep it in service since nothing provides close air support like the warthog or is as durable.
IKR? For what it does it’s in a class of its own. What an amazing aircraft.

The area where the pilot sits is literally wrapped in titanium plating to protect them from being injured from ground fire, another plane firing on them, etc. There have been A10s that have almost had an entire wing blown off and still made it back to base.

IKR? For what it does it’s in a class of its own. What an amazing aircraft.
Not sure what they plan only replacing it with? Seems like they want them gone by 2029? Not sure if it's on USAF or all branches, but seems like they are still on the way out.

I remember this story from 2003, and it still gives me chills. I was super excited to find this interview with Kim Campbell, the Air Force captain who flew her A-10 back to a successful landing after ground fire in Baghdad swiss-cheesed her aircraft and took out all flight hydraulics, a good portion of the left wing, and damaged her control surfaces. This is just an amazing interview and really makes me proud of the people serving our country. This woman is a total bad ass.
View attachment 339744
View attachment 339745
Now that is one hero no doubt.;)

Since we're on the topic..

What are these things?
A-10-Warthog-US-Air-Force~2.jpg

Are they cameras or lasers of some sort?

I've noticed them on other crafts too..

Thank you for your service
Since we're on the topic..

What are these things?
View attachment 339790

Are they cameras or lasers of some sort?

I've noticed them on other crafts too..
I believe those are radar .🤷I've installed similar on subs

I'll just leave this here, seems appropriate
Why ? Its a proven platform
"Listen, I love the A-10. I think it's a fantastic aircraft with a phenomenal combat record. But if someone tells me I can only afford to keep two out of three aircraft -- the A-10, the F-16 and the F-35 -- I have to pick the F-16 and F-35, because they can fly more kinds of missions."
-- General Herbert Carlisle, per BreakingDefense.com

Always about the 💰

... "Listen, I love the A-10. I think it's a fantastic aircraft with a phenomenal combat record. But if someone tells me I can only afford to keep two out of three aircraft -- the A-10, the F-16 and the F-35 -- I have to pick the F-16 and F-35, because they can fly more kinds of missions."
-- General Herbert Carlisle, per BreakingDefense.com

Always about the 💰

I don't agree with you on that assessment..

Sometimes you REALLY need to get down and dirty.. like right up close and personal.
The F-16 and F-35 or any other NGAD fighter can't fly as Slow & Low to do what the A-10 can do
AND Survive.

Just look at what's happened in Ukraine...

If those Ukraine soldiers had access to two Dozen Fully armed A-10s at the start of that invasion.. They would have Totally erased the Russian mechanized army..
Probably in the first 2 months (knowing and seeing how all the Russian generals and their soldiers "performed" initially.)

I don't agree with you on that assessment..

Sometimes you REALLY need to get down and dirty.. like right up close and personal.
The F-16 and F-35 or any other NGAD fighter can't fly as Slow & Low to do what the A-10 can do
AND Survive.

Just look at what's happened in Ukraine...

If those Ukraine soldiers had access to two Dozen Fully armed A-10s at the start of that invasion.. They would have Totally erased the Russian mechanized army..
Probably in the first 2 months (knowing and seeing how all the Russian generals and their soldiers "performed" initially.)
Yup I agree with you and not the general who quoted. Wasn't my assessment, but some general who's only concern is the budget

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back