Got to love the cop 👮

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Reaction score
So just got pulled over cop was tailing me for few miles I was thinking just pull me over already. So yup he did because my tint. From his gauge I’m darker than limo tint.
I told him I’m waiting for a prescription from my doctor sun hurts my eyes 👀.
He laughed said that works.
poop I come up with sometimes..

Man i really need to get our whip tinted. How much does it typically cost? 😱

Depending who will do it and how dark u want to go

IMG_0294.jpeg

IMG_0295.jpeg

Depending who will do it and how dark u want to go
I've not had that experience myself. My window tint guy could careless if I wanted 5% or 90%. He only cares about the number of windows, size of windows, good or better tint film and if I want ceramic or not.

@Moirae when I had my two front windows tinted on my truck, I had him do 20% ceramic tint using quality brand (Solara) film. I think it cost me $120 about 6 months ago.

I've not had that experience myself. My window tint guy could careless if I wanted 5% or 90%. He only cares about the number of windows, size of windows, good or better tint film and if I want ceramic or not.

@Moirae when I had my two front windows tinted on my truck, I had him do 20% ceramic tint using quality brand (Solara) film. I think it cost me $120 about 6 months ago.
oh man that's not that bad!!! thank you.

Cost enough money to put it on and yup it’s not coming off. Screw the laws screw the cops till you got something on me keep trying. Is this America?? 🇺🇸 I’ll do what I want, I’m making ur dollars ur paycheck be happy with that
It’s kinda like gun rights. Me I’m in AZ you can’t tell me what I can and can’t have. I’ll own and yup some might be illegal in other states. Even my ammow probably is illegal. I’ll do what I want and best believe I know I’m good doing it.

Last edited:
MD only allows 35%. :rolleyes: But if it's an SUV/van etc you can go as dark as you want on the rear and back windows. I've always had tinted windows. My 1st car at 17 was a 4 door Chevy Cavalier that I tinted myself. Put 2 layers on every window. It was daaaark. Got busted for it twice and told them I already had a ticket for it and was getting it removed. Worked both those times....3rd time the cop was smart and said there was no record of it and had to remove it. Ba$tards!! lol

So just got pulled over cop was tailing me for few miles I was thinking just pull me over already. So yup he did because my tint. From his gauge I’m darker than limo tint.
I told him I’m waiting for a prescription from my doctor sun hurts my eyes 👀.
He laughed said that works.
poop I come up with sometimes..
I heard them all. :LOL: I admire creativity in people. I never cared about tint as long as you are smart enough to roll your windows down when I approach a car.. I never made a car stop for just Stupid tint here in NYC. That's low hanging fruit stuff. For sissy's. I was after Gun collars. My thing. But I was trained with a certified tint meter. It stayed in the my RMP trunk for years collecting dust. But I still had to have it calibrated every so often. Or the summons is useless in Court. Its Certfication has to be entered as evidence and on the summons, if I wrote a Tint Violation. Officer has to take 2 readings on differnt places of the same windo. And needs to be Very clean. We are supposed to clean it techanically. No one does. but if you are stopped for tint, ask thenm to do it and watch hw it is doen. I have seen supposed legal tint fail before. Sometimes form dirty alone, slightest layer of dirt is all it takes. We were trained on this. A dirty window can make a false positive reading.
My line has always been that the previous owner had them tinted and I was unaware at purchase it wasn't legal. Then ask if they know anywhere I could get it removed.
They usually say good luck finding a place to do it and don't say another word.

😁
:LOL:
Tinters charge alot of money to remove old tint. Not that easy especially if been on there for years and years. Time consuming. Twice as long as doing a fresh new tint. All my cars had tint for years and I get stopped once in a while.
DuMb TiP: cut off the top few inches of tint, so they can’t gauge it
Yeah needs at least 4 inches for my Tint meter. Some good Tint shops have a tint light meter to check for themselves, Like when tryng to match a SUV rear window Factory tint to tint a front clear window.

Last edited:
I heard them all. :LOL: I admire creativity in people. I never cared about tint as long as you are smart enough to roll your windows down when I approach a car.. I never made a car stop for just Stupid tint here in NYC. That's low hanging fruit stuff. For sissy's. I was after Gun collars. My thing. But I was trained with a certified tint meter. It stayed in the my RMP trunk for years collecting dust. But I still had to have it calibrated every so often. Or the summons is useless in Court. Its Certfication has to be entered as evidence and on the summons, if I wrote a Tint Violation. Officer has to take 2 readings on differnt places of the same windo. And needs to be Very clean. We are supposed to clean it techanically. No one does. but if you are stopped for tint, ask thenm to do it and watch hw it is doen. I have seen supposed legal tint fail before. Sometimes form dirty alone, slightest layer of dirt is all it takes. We were trained on this. A dirty window can make a false positive reading.

:LOL:
Tinters charge alot of money to remove old tint. Not that easy especially if been on there for years and years. Time consuming. Twice as long as doing a fresh new tint. All my cars had tint for years and I get stopped once in a while.

Yeah needs at least 4 inches for my Tint meter. Some good Tint shops have a tint light meter to check for themselves, Like when tryng to match a SUV rear window Factory tint to tint a front clear window.

You are/ were police?

(y) 23 years. Been through 911 and all.
Just retired a few years ago. I don't play golf like all my friends do. I RC and come here now.:LOL:

Awesome, I didn't know that! Thanks for your service 🙂

I never understood the golf thing myself. Or fishing really... only guys I know that do either only do it for a way to hide from the missus. I'm sure fishing is a lot better in different areas though. Not many fish are found in cornfields.

Make a fish pond. Nice hobby.:ROFLMAO:
Yeah I'm a gear head. What can I say. I played golf before. Not my thing. Sometimes I'll just drive the golf cart and serve the beers once in a while for my bros. I get bored quick unless I have beer. I'm more like a drunk Caddy after the last hole.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back