Kraton Back flips kinda difficult [Update - easy peasy]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee82gx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
My ramp

So above is a picture of my RC ramp. It took me a while to learn how to do the back flip with a Notorious and I'm obviously addicted.

Now Id like to send my Kraton - stock (but I bought it used, now I'm wondering if its busted) to do the same thing but on punch 6 it flies a little too high and far, I don't have that much of a landing zone behind the ramp lol. Its a tight garden in my condo. The Kraton feels like a different car when on throttle compared to the Notorious, it feels so planted when I punch the throttle. It feels like it can reach similar top speeds, even feels like the acceleration is similar, just not so much with its head lifting up.

Plus it seems really hard to back flip or even wheelie. Not so much with my Noto.

What can I do?
I have 60k 500k 30k FCR diff oils.
16T pinion on the Kraton.
Stock Copperhead tyres.

Is this to be expected of a long wheel base MT?

Update - Yesterday I was a little too hurried, it was raining and I was loosing traction. Today Mr. Sun came out to play. I even conscripted a bystander kid to be my cameraman!

Anyway I upped the punch to 7 and gave it more beans. It feels like it needs a hair more than the Notorious for sure. But well within realms of expectation, as due to the long wheelbase.

Last edited:
That rig should be easy to flip and wheelie. The fluids……..did you put those in or is that what it came with?

If it came with those fluids I would say they need replacing.

That rig should be easy to flip and wheelie. The fluids……..did you put those in or is that what it came with?

If it came with those fluids I would say they need replacing.
I put those fluids in myself recently, and my Notorious has the same.

The Noto is more of a Freestyle stunt truck having the SWB chassis. The LWB chassis of the K6s changes everything about it. Otherwise both are essentially the same. With the exception of the T2T, Rear Brace and Rear driveshaft, parts wise, identical. Length of a chassis alone, really makes a huge difference.
I would definitely run BF's on the Kraton. Better traction. The CH 2 tires are not all that from my exper. I don't run them much at all in most of my stuff.

In case anyone is having trouble I just want to update my OP that it was not too difficult and I had my Punch set to 7.

I suppose the Notorious is a bit more fun in this regard as its a bit easier to flip. But not by too much. Happy new year guys! May the new year bring you more speed, more rotation and less breakage!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back