Vorteks Battery damage question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RubberRolling

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Hello everyone,

my son ran our Vorteks into a curb at a pretty good clip today. I was wondering if you think this battery is still useable. It looks like just the white packaging is split open but the interior is intact. Just looking for opinions (this was the first run with this battery lol)

Thanks in advance
IMG_20230313_172708682.jpg

Hello everyone,

my son ran our Vorteks into a curb at a pretty good clip today. I was wondering if you think this battery is still useable. It looks like just the white packaging is split open but the interior is intact. Just looking for opinions (this was the first run with this battery lol)

Thanks in advanceView attachment 285219
Open at a little bit and make sure there’s no inside damage. Look for a sickly, sweet smell also. That is a major indication that the battery is bad. I’m curious, how did the rest of the vorteks hold up?

Open at a little bit and make sure there’s no inside damage. Look for a sickly, sweet smell also. That is a major indication that the battery is bad. I’m curious, how did the rest of the vorteks hold up?
Thanks, the Vorteks ran fine for a while longer but eventually the spur gear gave out. Haven't taken it apart to see if maybe the motor plate got bent?
The outside plastic is just shrink wrap. If the cells are undamaged you can wrap some electrical tape, or some kind of tape, around it and SEND!
Thanks
It looks like just the plastic wrap around the outside was damaged. If there was any sort of damage caused to the cells they would let you know.
Thanks

Haven't taken it apart to see if maybe the motor plate got bent?
Yup, if you had a hard frontal type impact and the spur stripped out shortly after…
1) the mount bent, 2) the motor shifted closer or farther from the spur. Of course both could have happened. Remove the motor module, disassemble and check everything. Remove the metal mount then lay it on a flat surface to check if it’s bent. If it is, pick up the new mount from the 4s line, 3s infraction and vendetta, from jennysrc.com. It’s much stronger.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/kr...uminum-motor-mount-set-heatsink-fan-ara4408v2

BE03FF4D-DC7E-4119-8ABB-4928FA68550A.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back