belted tires for wet grass? K8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaboyhamz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
looking for belted tires for wet grass, solely to run in the dog park.
I have used
copperhead stocks for k8 (not bad)
backflips (besides not belted, they grip good)
jetko tomahawks (terrible in wet grass)
duratrax lockup x (always comes unglued)

I am looking at the two different proline badlands mx57 vs 43 but looking for other options

want something belted in case of wheelies, that can run in dew grass and hold traction so the dog doesn't catch it

looking for belted tires for wet grass, solely to run in the dog park.
I have used
copperhead stocks for k8 (not bad)
backflips (besides not belted, they grip good)
jetko tomahawks (terrible in wet grass)
duratrax lockup x (always comes unglued)

I am looking at the two different proline badlands mx57 vs 43 but looking for other options

want something belted in case of wheelies, that can run in dew grass and hold traction so the dog doesn't catch it
Proline Mashers?? Think they come belted..

Ya mashers will have you drifting on wet grass! Fun but you definitely aren't going fast. Mx43 the best option in my book but I bet the 57's not bad either.

I've recently (2 months ago) put the mx57 badlands (v2 Rem hex) on my k8 exb with a xlx2 1100 combo at 30/44sp and they do great on grass, has a very slight ballooning under full pin like the mx43 but nice and lightweight. Been in sand, loose dirt, grass wet or dry and has been great. If you run it on pavement though they over spin if you pin it it'll drift the truck lol.
I also have the masher X's they're not for grass at all wet or dry imo. Hard pack dirt, clay, pavement they're a blast for this size truck.
I have the mx43s with trenchers, good for ramps/ standing backflips and what not but after about a year or so I just got tired of heavy tires and the excessive weight and wear and tear. Been happy with the mx57 Badlands so far and slow tread wear. Also have a couple guys in our group run them on 12s aswell.

I've recently (2 months ago) put the mx57 badlands (v2 Rem hex) on my k8 exb with a xlx2 1100 combo at 30/44sp and they do great on grass, has a very slight ballooning under full pin like the mx43 but nice and lightweight. Been in sand, loose dirt, grass wet or dry and has been great. If you run it on pavement though they over spin if you pin it it'll drift the truck lol.
I also have the masher X's they're not for grass at all wet or dry imo. Hard pack dirt, clay, pavement they're a blast for this size truck.
I have the mx43s with trenchers, good for ramps/ standing backflips and what not but after about a year or so I just got tired of heavy tires and the excessive weight and wear and tear. Been happy with the mx57 Badlands so far and slow tread wear. Also have a couple guys in our group run them on 12s aswell.
wow they're running mx57's on 12s? I'm a bit scared to try that.

wow they're running mx57's on 12s? I'm a bit scared to try that.
is it worth getting the 43's and drilling them for the kraton over the 57s? I am only going to use them for grass going no more than 40mph

is it worth getting the 43's and drilling them for the kraton over the 57s? I am only going to use them for grass going no more than 40mph
Imo, for that I'd just go 57's badlands, neither are belted, but mx43s are larger and heavier and stiffer but, no glue. I jump my 57s badlands pretty decent had no issues so far. Either way the badland is a great all around tire. These are beefy and replacable hex by 8 screws, just bolt on 24mm or 17mm hexs both included.
I drilled my 43s Trenchers with a 19mm counter sink bit doesn't take long.

I agree with yasaboss! for that type of speed you can save a few dollars and get the mx57's.

I’ve got the duratrax lockup X Tires that I’ve run w/ a 23t pinion with the stock 1250kv motor. They run pretty well IMO, but did generate some heat. I think the consensus on these tires is that they’re too heavy, but I’m okay with running them.

I’ve got the duratrax lockup X Tires that I’ve run w/ a 23t pinion with the stock 1250kv motor. They run pretty well IMO, but did generate some heat. I think the consensus on these tires is that they’re too heavy, but I’m okay with running them.
I learned to ignore people when they say a tire is too heavy. Most people don't know wtf they're talking about. 😎 👍🏾

i just hated them because all 4 of them would just fly off the rim even with strong glue. only set of tires that Ive ever had that happen with

i just hated them because all 4 of them would just fly off the rim even with strong glue. only set of tires that Ive ever had that happen with
I use a 15/16s socket on a 3/8s ratchet along with thread lock. Then I make sure to run them for a bunch of packs because it’s scary getting them thangs off after cranking em down so tight.

Full disclosure, before I started using thread lock I had two wheels pop off while running. Now I have a stash of wheel nuts 😂

Edit: if anyone knows of a true 24mm regular socket (not long) for 3/8s ratchet please send me link.

I use a 15/16s socket on a 3/8s ratchet along with thread lock. Then I make sure to run them for a bunch of packs because it’s scary getting them thangs off after cranking em down so tight.

Full disclosure, before I started using thread lock I had two wheels pop off while running. Now I have a stash of wheel nuts 😂

Edit: if anyone knows of a true 24mm regular socket (not long) for 3/8s ratchet please send me link.
ah no issue on my end with that, i meant the rubber flying off the rims

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back