Kraton Best $30 Investment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EliJohnson1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So the holidays are coming up and I have been given a budget of $30 to get anything I want. I want to spend this on my Kraton and was wondering what I should get. Any suggestions?

So the holidays are coming up and I have been given a budget of $30 to get anything I want. I want to spend this on my Kraton and was wondering what I should get. Any suggestions?

hmmm. Do you have a motor fan? I think you could get one that would be a good buy for $30 and always needed.

I don’t have one but I am going to get the separately. Thinking hobbywing heat sink and fan

Get these HR nuts for the pillow balls, it's a cheap and good upgrade, they won't come loose!

Screenshot_20180911-091600_Samsung Internet.jpg

If your running in the snow, get a chassis cover. I got a Hot racing one of Amazon for $28 Canadian.

MIP speed tips. Get the set that is 1.5mm, 2.0mm and 2.5mm. They are about $30 for the 3 hex tips which sounds crazy at first until you use them and never strip another Allen head again! They are that good.
^This without a shadow of a doubt

I really like the suggestions for either a dust cover, MIP drivers or bearings, all which i think are pretty much mendatory.

personally i never had an issue with either the pillow ball nuts or the a-arms.

One thing i can also recommend, if you don't already have them, is a bunch of fluids needed for service, like Shock & diff oils, green slime, Moo-slick, grease and tire glue.

Stainless Steel screw set..$25..No more screw rusting!!(y)
where can you find those?

SS screw set - I got mine on Amazon. But realize, the SS screws are softer than stock, so they will strip easier. MIP tools will help with that too... :)

I love my MIP, but for the set of three that you need, it is $45. Check out EDS tools - great quality, a bit cheaper than MIP. I have the MIP speed tips for my drill, but my hand tools are EDS -

http://www.team-eds.com/product-p/eds-110991.htm

I haven't had any problems with stripping...They are actually all still good if not bent or broke....I got some ebay junk set too..... I still think thats the best $25 I spent on my trucks so far....

Other than that, def the RPM wing brace....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back