Good 1/10 motor and esc combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the mod1 spur gear is what I printed. I use a steel motor pinion.
So I'm looking into bar foams but really confused about what the colors and numbers mean.. I highly doubt I'll even hit 100 but the contact on it are just coming apart.. recommendations anyone?

Can anyone send a link for a good set of foam tires for this rc.... I've been using contact foams but they seem to just be mediocre... If not foam can you recommend any good rubber tires.. now that I did 79 mph with this thing I have the problem you guys all talked about with needing to go faster ...
Many like Gone Bannana's foams as of late. If they have them in your size. But I run Contacts in all sizes. For ages. GB's seem to handle higher speeds, many have noticed.
Don't bash or drift with foamies. They will chink and tear apart in a heart beat compared to plain Belted rubber. Just burning a hole in your wallet. Foams are for straight line speed running. You know this already . (y) This for others considering foams.

https://islandhobbynut.com/collections/gone-bananas-racing

Many like Gone Bannana's foams as of late. But I run Contacts. For ages. GB's seem to handle higher speeds, many have noticed.
Don't bash or drift with foamies. They will chink and tear apart in a heart beat compared to plain Belted rubber. Just burning a hole in your wallet. Foams are for straight line speed running.
I've can't seem to find any good belted mainly cause I have no idea what I would need, I use grp on limitless but I don't think I've seen 1/10 sizes

I've can't seem to find any good belted mainly cause I have no idea what I would need, I use grp on limitless but I don't think I've seen 1/10 sizes
There is no rubber tire for 1/10 scale that can handle speeds over 65 mph.
I always used Contact and BSR for foams. The traction difference takes some getting used to.

I had Touring car Yokomo 1/10 Belted slick tires. They were as good as it gets for rubber. Cannot handle 50+ for a fact. I know.
I run 1/10 Contact foams for higher TC speed runs. My TA TC3 specifically. Maybe I'm geared for 58mph PB tops. Where I stopped pushing it.

Last edited:
There is no rubber tire for 1/10 scale that can handle speeds over 65 mph.
I always used Contact and BSR for foams. The traction difference takes some getting used to.

I had Touring car Yokomo 1/10 Belted slick tires. They were as good as it gets for rubber. Cannot handle 50+ for a fact. I know.
I run 1/10 Contact foams for higher TC speed runs. My TA TC3 specifically. Maybe I'm geared for 58mph PB tops. Where I stopped pushing it.
My minimum today in front of house was 64 so I guess I need to stick with foams

My minimum today in front of house was 64 so I guess I need to stick with foams
I have a castle 1717 1650 motor that came with my esc as a combo, it has a damaged bullet connector but plugs in to esc and works and I have video of it in case I sell it. Is100 to much to ask for it?

So I'd like to hit about 100 with this rlaarlo, can anyone help with what gearing I will need and where to get them

I would look to Raz Shifrin videos on the Rlaarlo. And some others. Start using a Speed Gear calculator. Needed for setting up most any Speed runner. All you really need to get started. Then buy a range of pinions to have on hand. Don't expect someone to tell you specifically what that one pinion is to buy.
Trial and error from there will get you to triple digits.
Just don't hit anything in the process, the Rlaarlo appears to total out easily with hard hits.
Rlaarlo is kind of an obscure model. Fairly new. The new kid on the block. I don't see much support or interest in it. I could be wrong.
Just understand what you have there front and center. And experiment with it.

So I'd like to hit about 100 with this rlaarlo, can anyone help with what gearing I will need and where to get them
You really want to start with a baseline.
Get a clean very good pass in with the gearing you have. Post logs and gearing.
Then we can advise from there on what changes to make next on gearing.

The problem is without knowing how the full system (battery, car, motor, esc) performs it would be difficult to determine what move to make next on gearing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back