Typhon Best off-road tire for typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajag

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Talion
  12. Typhon 6s
Just curious what you guys are running for bashing tires on the typhon

I’ve had so many tires blow out in the past that I’m thinking I want to go with a set of belted tires but not sure what will work best on the v5

anyone tried running these on their typhons?
It’s the trencher hp 3.8
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...black-mounted-8x32-17mm-hex-2/PRO1015510.html
Those belted Trenchers are huge for a buggy - they're as tall as standard Backflip tyres but also wider and heavier than they are too, especially as they're belted. I'm not keen on heavy tyres as they're more prone to breaking diffs

I think I read that a AF member wasn't happy with their lack of side grip either, but that could be because they were on a less than ideal surface, like dry loose dirt. These look to be better suited for wet or dry grass, and dry asphalt

Are you looking to truggify it? Because of their size, IMO they'd look a bit nuts on a Typhon

I have these - they're standard 1/8 buggy size, hardly balloon, look awesome on my Typhon 3S and have excellent grip on any surface:

PXL_20201112_161541001-01~2.jpeg

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/badlands-mx-m2-1-8-mtd-mach-10-black-wheels-f-r/PRO906721.html

Those belted Trenchers are huge for a buggy - they're as tall as standard Backflip tyres but also wider and heavier than they are too, especially as they're belted. I'm not keen on heavy tyres as they're more prone to breaking diffs

I think I read that a AF member wasn't happy with their lack of side grip either, but that could be because they were on a less than ideal surface, like dry loose dirt. These look to be better suited for wet or dry grass, and dry asphalt

Are you looking to truggify it? Because of their size, IMO they'd look a bit nuts on a Typhon

I have these - they're standard 1/8 buggy size, hardly balloon, look awesome on my Typhon 3S and have excellent grip on any surface:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/badlands-mx-m2-1-8-mtd-mach-10-black-wheels-f-r/PRO906721.html
Those badlands look perfect fit what I’m looking for

thanks!

My friend have drive 1/8 buggies Methanol ones mostly . More than 100 different cars.
Also alot 1/8 electric buggies.

He have try everything.

Now he have found his magic combo.

I have test drive many cars and set ups he got.

Today he got it perfect.
Cheap tires and rims, that last and grip better than Prolines actually.

Search for user Powerarrma
This guy knows everything about this 100%

My friend have drive 1/8 buggies Methanol ones mostly . More than 100 different cars.
Also alot 1/8 electric buggies.

He have try everything.

Now he have found his magic combo.

I have test drive many cars and set ups he got.

Today he got it perfect.
Cheap tires and rims, that last and grip better than Prolines actually.

Search for user Powerarrma
This guy knows everything about this 100%
I did a search. Not sure I found the secret buggy tire in there.

Tell us the secret, man!

View attachment 114846

Are they any wider than my Lockup tires?
117933302_3294213323950040_8792302292737726690_o.jpg

Does the Typhon 6s accepts "standard" 1/8 buggy wheels and tires? Even those cheaps ones on Aliexpress or other chinese websites?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back