Best RC overall?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, hard to narrow down to a single best with all the categories and customizations.
Typhon deserves a mention beacause its so versatile. Want an off road dirt missile? Typhon. Want a tight turning street rocket? Typhon, especially with Limitless shocks/towers. Want a 6s mini monster? Typhon with Kraton hubs/axles/hexes and 2.8MT tires.
Agree here, the Typhon is a true beast of an rc car and demonstrates Arrma really well. It can bash hard and not break, outrun most other cars on dirt, can be customized to be a street demon. And out of the whole line up of 6S Arrma, it’s the only one that doesn’t really need anything to take a beating. Parts are cheap for it also. And it’s easy to carry around to bash spots. It’s why I find myself liking it more and more as the years have went on and 1/8 buggies in general they are just too fun.

If I could only have one, it would have to be the TRX-4. It's not the best at anything, but pretty good at everything. It's the swiss army knife of RC cars. Remote lock/unlock diffs and remote high/low gearing gives it a lot of versatility for crawling, trail running, and bashing.

View attachment 333823

The only other person I know who used the TRX-4 as a basher was Kevin Talbot and iirc he ran his on 6s. To me the TRX-4 looks like it would make a terrible basher just because crawlers tip over so easily. The Summit is a much better basher than my SCX10-II is it's also a better trail truck now as far as crawling goes that really depends on where I am crawling as there are certain areas where the Summit goes through with ease and the SCX10-II struggles and certain areas where the SCX10-II gets through but the Summit struggles. Either way the 2 speed tranny and remote locking diffs are definitely a plus.

I feel Jang from Ultimate RC described the Summit the best "It's a Jack of all trades master of none."

The only other person I know who used the TRX-4 as a basher was Kevin Talbot and iirc he ran his on 6s. To me the TRX-4 looks like it would make a terrible basher just because crawlers tip over so easily. The Summit is a much better basher than my SCX10-II is it's also a better trail truck now as far as crawling goes that really depends on where I am crawling as there are certain areas where the Summit goes through with ease and the SCX10-II struggles and certain areas where the SCX10-II gets through but the Summit struggles. Either way the 2 speed tranny and remote locking diffs are definitely a plus.

I feel Jang from Ultimate RC described the Summit the best "It's a Jack of all trades master of none."
I seem to have fun with my Traxxas rigs. :ROFLMAO: As I do with Arrma.:cool:.
My next is an Arrma Typhon, TLR. I hope. :ROFLMAO:

The Summit sounds like an awesome all-round truck! You're right about the TRX-4. It is terrible for high speed handling and jumping. Maybe that's why I have so much fun with it. It just cracks me up 😂

Traxxas discontinued the 1/10 scale Summit recently, Mark Santa Maria confirmed with a stop by their headquarters showroom.

Traxxas discontinued the 1/10 scale Summit recently, Mark Santa Maria confirmed with a stop by their headquarters showroom.
I like him.The Summit seamed like a cool rig.

Picking an absolute favorite is so hard. I run whatever rig I’m in the mood for at that time. Sometimes I feel like having a chill day crawling, so then it’s my Phoenix. Other days I feel like a hardcore, flog it until something breaks, then it’s my Xmaxx. Other days I want speed, so the felony comes out to play.

To further complicate matters, every one of us runs our rigs differently. To some, bashing is a few light jumps in the yard, to others, it’s a trip to the skate park, with 30’+ sends.

The best RC in the world is subjective. My best rig in the world is whatever I’m running at the time. Except my Machete. Screw that truck.

I could not have said it better. Way cool how you said that. 🏁👍🏁 . I need to learn about Axial rigs. Rock bashers? Do you guys own em?
I have a Vanquish Phoenix. She’s got a few mods, and can near about climb a wall lol.
IMG_1194.jpeg

IMG_1126.jpeg
IMG_0997.jpeg

It's really difficult to quantify 'best RC overall'. I concur.

It's like trying to choose your best bro, sis, parent, pet, food, song, website, wife (🤣) etc. Impossible.

In response to this, I suggest to the OP that we respond with our personal list of 10 favourites, whether they be bashers, racers, scale, crawlers or what have you. If people have had less than 10 rigs, just put the ones you'd choose to own. It's actually really good fun! 🤩😅

1. Tamiya Sandscorcher
The buggy that got me into hobby grade RC and racing back in 1981 - I was 8 years old. I literally loved that car like it was a pet. Not just a thing. It's just fab, fun, scale and beautifully made.

2. Kyosho Rocky 4WD
Some years later, after a number of other Tamiya cars and IC circuit, I loved this buggy on 8.4v and a Futaba MC112B esc. It was surprisingly quick and got me into the world of modified motors. At school, it was significantly quicker than any of my mates cars that all ran on either 6v or 7.2v.

3. HPI Baja 5B SS
After enjoying watching some club members run FG Marders and Leopards between rounds at the regionals, I became convinced that the Baja 5B SS would be the large scale of choice for racing 2wd on grass. Many £££'s later - and after a number of Turtle Racing clutch upgrades - this was super fun to drive. And loud!

4. HPI Savage SS
Everyone seemed to have Tmaxxes between rounds at our club. Eventually, in 2003, I bought a Savage SS. It was the first in our club. The craze that followed saw a class dedicated to Mt's only, before truggies existed, with Associated, Thunder Tiger, Traxxas and Losi in the mix. My Savage was modified over the years and is still in my collection after 2 decades.

5. Team Corally Kronos XTR
My first brushless RC car, having largely been into IC machines for the last 20 years. This machine gets into the top 5 purely because of how bonkers it is. A fantastic truck! Don't listen to the nay sayers!! (Note: this could just as easily been an Arrma Kraton EXB - the only reason it wasn't was because of an insane Black Friday deal).

6. Team Associated TC3
As a diehard off road fan, the TC3 got me massively into indoor touring car racing over the winter. It also got me a number of confidence inspiring wins. This was a great car for 27turn stock racing. Light, rigid and so fast and free.

7. Mugen MBX4 RR
The people's champ. At the time, you could spend your money on a Kyosho, or you you could buy a Mugen and have some change for a top line engine. This car (and RB WS7 engine) got me into racing Nitro rounds at our local club and got our club at the time - which was electric only up until this point - hosting one of the BRCA Rally Cross rounds.
biggrin.gif
It's also worth noting that this Buggy also started the weight forward design concept.

8. Yokomo MR4 SD SSG
After having such a good run with the TC3, the SSG got me into fettling cars until they were greater than the sum of their parts. After a number of modifications, my Rayspeed SSG hybrid nabbed a respectable 4th at a 19turn spec national race.

9. Schumacher Cat 3000
I loved my Procat in the 90's and the Bosscat after that. My Cat 3000 was the car that I attended the most number of races with and over the longest period of time. It was a popular choice in that era and I enjoyed the camaraderie with the other Scumacher racers.

10. Xray XT8 17

After numerous Truggies, the Xray XT8 17 makes the top 10 because it was such a nice build, I got it for an obscenely low price, kitted it out with the best gear possible and absolutely love the way it drives/floats around. It's so precise - I love it.

Honourable Mention...
There were other cars that I realised deserve to be on this list, one of them being the Jammin X1CRT Pro.

This basically refined what the GS Storm started and formed the Truggy class.
I support this
I could not have said it better. Way cool how you said that. 🏁👍🏁 . I need to learn about Axial rigs. Rock bouncer? $529. Big $. :rolleyes:
I had a bomber and it was not very good at anything, and it would constantly overheat if I crawled it.

anyone else got an ax24, Opinions?
I have one. It’s ok, but there are much better options. My TRX4M is roughly the same size, and performs better out of the box. The best small scale crawler by far is the Furitek ones. Those things are sick.

I've always fancied getting a crawler. A really nice one. When I was young, I really wanted to get a Tamiya Toyota Hilux.

What's the Crawler of choice that actually works, but looks real?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back