Best sounding motor bike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds amazing, I have to admit I am doubting if this is not a 'voice over' of an F1 engine. It echoes a bit too much for the open area it is in. If this is really the sound of this motorbike: awesome!

I am a big fan myself of the Aprilia V4 engine sound

And I do happen to own an Aprilia V4 Tuono :D

It sounds amazing, I have to admit I am doubting if this is not a 'voice over' of an F1 engine. It echoes a bit too much for the open area it is in. If this is really the sound of this motorbike: awesome!

I am a big fan myself of the Aprilia V4 engine sound

And I do happen to own an Aprilia V4 Tuono :D
That was also my first thought, but even their supercharged version sounds like an F1.

Sometimes you just want to get your motor bike license for something like this😜.
The first 30sec you’re like “where the heck is this guy?” And than at 30sec it’s EARGASM.
You certainly can't drive that loud H2 here in NL. Police be on you everythime you make that noise.

But please do get your motor bike license. My 'silent' street triple 675 could use a mate to tour with ;)

I use to ride Harleys & after many years I finally became annoyed by how loud they are with aftermarket headers. I sold my last Harley in 2018 but I nearly traded it in on a Ducati Monster. I rode one & they sound amazing.

News flash!

Crotch rockets and Harleys have sounded like crotch rockets and Harleys for many years.

1709295557159.png

I use to ride Harleys & after many years I finally became annoyed by how loud they are with aftermarket headers. I sold my last Harley in 2018 but I nearly traded it in on a Ducati Monster. I rode one & they sound amazing.
What a coincidence. I finally had to get rid of my Harley because I got sick of all that “brotherhood” crap. I just couldn’t get on my scooter and have a ride without others trying to pack up with me, all of the waves, the occasional hand sign that I didn’t understand, yada yada yada. Also, I hated being judged as part of that group just because I rode a Harley. Those guys are typically the worst, most inexperienced riders, they raise hell in quiet neighborhoods, rack the pipes off at stoplights, etc. No offense to the responsible and respectful Harley riders out there because I know you do exist, but I think you’re in a small minority. I don’t want a “lifestyle.” I want a motorcycle. So I sold it and bought a Ducati Monster!
That was in 2016, and I bought an S2R-1000. It was the best of the last series of the air cooled Desmo’s and I love it. Although it hurts to ride it some days now! 😂
I did go through three exhaust setups before I found one that wasn’t obnoxiously loud. It’s kind of like a Notorious on 6s—you have to concentrate on throttle application to keep the front wheel down in the first three gears. That bike exists to wheelie. Too much fun…

I’m likely a rare bird… To me; there will never be a cooler sportbike than a Suzuki TL1000R. Not the fastest, not the best handling, but DAMMIT it sounds good, and is an absolute torque monster.. So almost NONE of the things normal people go for when looking for a capable sportbike lol…

I’ll just step into my flamesuit now.. 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

1709299854956.gif

I’m likely a rare bird… To me; there will never be a cooler sportbike than a Suzuki TL1000R. Not the fastest, not the best handling, but DAMMIT it sounds good, and is an absolute torque monster.. So almost NONE of the things normal people go for when looking for a capable sportbike lol…

View attachment 351774
No flames from me, man. I’ve had bikes since I was in school, and I’ve loved many flavors of them. I personally really like the TL’s. I’ve always been a sucker for twins, and you’re right. They sound fantastic!
When people see my Monster they think it must be the fastest thing on the road, but it will barely crack 150. But like you said, the low end grunt from a well tuned twin is just the most awesome and fun experience. It’s underrated for sure, because all of the torque is right freaking there during most of the normal rides at most of the everyday speeds. You don’t need to tach them out at all. Just twist your wrist at anytime for a wheelie. I love it.

Last edited:
What a coincidence. I finally had to get rid of my Harley because I got sick of all that “brotherhood” crap. I just couldn’t get on my scooter and have a ride without others trying to pack up with me, all of the waves, the occasional hand sign that I didn’t understand, yada yada yada. Also, I hated being judged as part of that group just because I rode a Harley. Those guys are typically the worst, most inexperienced riders, they raise hell in quiet neighborhoods, rack the pipes off at stoplights, etc. No offense to the responsible and respectful Harley riders out there because I know you do exist, but I think you’re in a small minority. I don’t want a “lifestyle.” I want a motorcycle. So I sold it and bought a Ducati Monster!
That was in 2016, and I bought an S2R-1000. It was the best of the last series of the air cooled Desmo’s and I love it. Although it hurts to ride it some days now! 😂
I did go through three exhaust setups before I found one that wasn’t obnoxiously loud. It’s kind of like a Notorious on 6s—you have to concentrate on throttle application to keep the front wheel down in the first three gears. That bike exists to wheelie. Too much fun…
There is a sort of brotherhood in everything you get into. RC for example.

You also have big crotch rocket brotherhood too; you just don't know it yet. I wuz a part of that too, many moons ago. Those guys are the ones doing 120 in-between cars on one wheel. Now, whether you choose to be a part of that is the same thing as a Harley brotherhood. Most of the Harley guys would help you more than family if you needed it.

All the waves? Really? Crotch rockets only wave at other rockets, Harleys only wave at Harleys. Just like VW bugs, they all have the flowerpots and all wave at each other.

Sour pucker butt this morning EH? :LOL:

@Dan B. You took a page from my mind with that. I need not elaborate that more. I rode for 30 years. Even rode many Japanese bikes as well. The Triumph adventure bikes have insane torque & sound pretty good too. I was on the fence about getting a Ducati or a Triumph back in 2018. But ended up on another route. I do miss riding motorcycles. I went & looked at a Tracer 9 GT back in the fall. The bug is biting.

View attachment 351774
I love all motorcycles. Grew up in a motorcycle family. Everyone rode.

I have had 3 different "bike" motors and each is different and love them all equally.

Yz125 motocross classic 2 stroke high rpm

Suzuki SV1000s Yoshimura carbon exhaust. Intake mod and remapped ECU

1709301219090.png

Banshee with GSXR 750 swap (142 hp). Death machine!

Last edited:
@Dan B. You took a page from my mind with that. I need not elaborate that more. I rode for 30 years. Even rode many Japanese bikes as well. The Triumph adventure bikes have insane torque & sound pretty good too. I was on the fence about getting a Ducati or a Triumph back in 2018. But ended up on another route. I do miss riding motorcycles. I went & looked at a Tracer 9 GT back in the fall. The bug is biting.

I love the low end torque of my 3 cylinder Triumph (2014). It will top at 140mph, but will do 0-60 in ~3s even with lazy gearing. Silent typical 3cl sound at low revs and starts growling between 8k-12.5k rpm.

Honestly i do like not having to wear earplugs all the time. As cool as it might sound, when you do a proper trip ears don't like to be exposed to 120dB for a long time.

Here in NL every motorcyclist will wave to another (even harley's) it feels very social and respectfull.

I love the low end torque of my 3 cylinder Triumph (2014). It will top at 140mph, but will do 0-60 in ~3s even with lazy gearing. Silent typical 3cl sound at low revs and starts growling between 8k-12.5k rpm.

Honestly i do like not having to wear earplugs all the time. As cool as it might sound, when you do a proper trip ears don't like to be exposed to 120dB for a long time.

Here in NL every motorcyclist will wave to another (even harley's) it feels very social and respectfull.
I love those Triumph triples! Very distinctive exhaust note. You know what’s coming when you hear one.

Back