Best sounding motor bike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My second favorite is the bevel drive 70's 860 900 Desmo Ducati's. A word about Ducks, they are fickle but when everything is right, it's beautiful. Like the second date with a stunning Italian woman. However living with her is a bit different. BTW, ever do a valve adjustment on a Ducati Desmo? Your better have your head on because if you lose one of those damn near microscopic shim retainers when you pull the rocker shafts, you're in for a engine teardown. I've owned a duck and worked on them including Bimotas at a dealer I worked at way back in the day.

The mh900e was a cool bike that they made in '01/'02

900.jpeg

The mh900e was a cool bike that they made in '01/'02

View attachment 351961

Yeah, now that I'm mildly intoxicated, I remember thinking about socking some money away for that prior to getting married. My other 5 street bikes and one drag bike pretty much put the kabosh on the idea..... Freaking stunning though.

As a kid in Chicago (mid 70's) I lived maybe a mile from the Eden's Expressway. With my window open on hot summer days I used to hear the Harley's blasting around which was music to my ears and then I heard the 900 Kawasaki's howl and at it set my soul afire.... Open baffle Kerkers ridden by some Beserker running 9k+ rpm for what sounded like minutes.... So yeah, a big two valve Kaw with a Kerker or V&H pipe stirs my soul. Hmmm, did I mention I built one?

KZ1000.jpg
KZ2.jpg

Last edited:
Back in the day I couldn’t afford a Ducati or the maintenance, so I bought an RC51. With Sato Banzai Ti pipes, it was a beast. Loud as phuck.

But I can kickstart mine, lol. This was with the street baffle

This is with the comp baffle. It made a small child cry in a gas station in Southern Utah when I fired it up after a fuel stop, lol.

Last edited:
I do like to check out the Ducati site every now & again to see what direction they're heading in terms of technology, direction and development.

Some pretty nice looking bikes on this page..

https://www.ducati.com/us/en/bikes/ducati-speciale

I remember once when about 6 or 8 of us descended on a border bar in the late 80's (Illinois/Wisconsin) and as soon as I walked in my Hein Gerike leathers I got pegged by some old guy.... "You the one that pulled up in that Gd Dm IIIIII Tailian lay down Bike?" Lmao! I bought him a beer and asked for a packet of salt... I stared at him and asked if he wanted an egg too, lol. We became fast friends. ;)

Back