Best tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAdNeWs-89

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hi guys new here and new to the arrma limitless.
im currently waiting on parts to finish my build. But videos I've been watching on the net there seems to be a lot of tyres blowing out at high speeds. Can anyone recommend the best tyres for top speeds and mid temps.

Hi guys new here and new to the arrma limitless.
im currently waiting on parts to finish my build. But videos I've been watching on the net there seems to be a lot of tyres blowing out at high speeds. Can anyone recommend the best tyres for top speeds and mid temps.
BSR foams, Sweep Racing foams, and GRP Revo tyres are the three that are used by most speed runners.

I will say if you are new to speed running. Start with GRP 1/8 tires. They hold up fine till you go beyond 130mph, and easily have 2x the grip compared to foams. Look for a product code that has the letter J in the code. J indicates the hard rim. S5 compound seems to be the favorite. I run the S1 in the winter months and S5 in warmer weather.

Many people never get beyond 120mph so that will be a best tire for you to learn on.

I also recommend sanding down the sides where the factory glue is and adding some bob smith industries ic 2000 glue.
Don't forget to balance them, they are unbalanced pigs out of the package!

I will say if you are new to speed running. Start with GRP 1/8 tires. They hold up fine till you go beyond 130mph, and easily have 2x the grip compared to foams. Look for a product code that has the letter J in the code. J indicates the hard rim. S5 compound seems to be the favorite. I run the S1 in the winter months and S5 in warmer weather.

Many people never get beyond 120mph so that will be a best tire for you to learn on.

I also recommend sanding down the sides where the factory glue is and adding some bob smith industries ic 2000 glue.
Don't forget to balance them, they are unbalanced pigs out of the package!
Great info thank you. As for balancing can you Recommend a good way of doing so.

Attachments

• D1AA9222-77B2-4AF8-9F58-8DEBFB33C8D0.png
    D1AA9222-77B2-4AF8-9F58-8DEBFB33C8D0.png
    731.7 KB · Views: 55
Ive been looking at these does anyone have any experience with them
Those are Schumaker tires for road racing. I don't know how fast they are rated for. I haven't seen any of the speed run guys using them. My guess is they are not rated for speed runs and are a track style tire.

The balancers for 1/8 scale are harder to find right now for some reason.
The one I have appears to be discontinued.... (it is a copy of the Losi balancer)

1587049591638.png

I use duct tape inside the rim as the wheel weight instead of clay. It wont dry out and fall off.

Plenty of how to videos on youtube once you get a balancer.

I use duct tape inside the rim as the wheel weight instead of clay. It wont dry out and fall off.
Try lead tape (used for golf clubs, tennis rackets, etc.) You only need a little piece that won't hit your hub even on way out of balance GRPs.

I balance the tire as in the video above with clay, mark the location, remove and weigh the clay, then cut a piece of lead tape to the same weight and install.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back