Best way to fix this!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still a noob in training, and was wondering if there was an easy way to fix this road rash. Easier than stripping away all of the paint and repainting it as I training, and was wondering if there was a easy way to fix this road rash. Easier than stripping away all of the paint and repainting it as I have never done either. Thanks for the input…appreciate it!

View attachment 348215

View attachment 348216
Only way to repair road rash ,would be to do some body work .If the scratches are not to deep ,you could try wet sanding them down.anything left over if they still bothering you then a light body filler could be applied then more sanding and feathering it all out then primer .more wet sanding then paint ..but since this is all on the out side of the shell ,you either make this cover just as a shelf queen or drive with it carefully...which i doubt you will lol.🤷

I guess I have two bodies to run! lol. I’m embracing the carnage!

View attachment 348441
I suppose you love 💙 .must be your color.😁👍

Last edited:
The Nismo body isn’t a good fit in the front. You can see it on the wheel wells. 🤔

They are but they are too close.

IMG_3472.jpeg

IMG_3491.png

When you turn your front wheels to the left or right don't the back of the tires rub the back of the fender flares 🤔 ,looks like the cover should be pushed forward a little.they look very tight against the back wheel wells.sorry meant to say looks like you need to bring back the body cover a little.

The Nismo body isn’t a good fit in the front. You can see it on the wheel wells. 🤔
The body cover needs to get pushed back a few mm . maybe like 4 or 5 mm back. You could elongate the post holes and then use thicker posts.🤷or cut the back side of the wheel wells a little..a little trim would be the easiest way.

If this is your shelf queen cover then I'd leave it alone .

Last edited:
When you turn your front wheels to the left or right don't the back of the tires rub the back of the fender flares 🤔 ,looks like the cover should be pushed forward a little.they look very tight against the back wheel wells.sorry meant to say looks like you need to bring back the body cover a little.

The body cover needs to get pushed back a few mm . maybe like 4 or 5 mm back. You could elongate the post holes and then use thicker posts.🤷or cut the back side of the wheel wells a little..a little trim would be the easiest way.

If this is your shelf queen cover then I'd leave it alone .

I don’t really have any shelf queens. No one is in my basement. lol. So I’ll try trimming the wheel wells. If I F it up? Maybe I’ll try the NASCAR body!

I don’t really have any shelf queens. No one is in my basement. lol. So I’ll try trimming the wheel wells. If I F it up? Maybe I’ll try the NASCAR body!
Well it's on you ,I mean if it turns fine then don't worry about it but if they rub then you might start seeing damage to your tires and the cover🤷..I thought you said you had to covers ,one you ran and one you kept for show🤔

A shelf queen doesn't allways mean it's on a shelf for showing off to people .it can also mean it's just a Rc that you don't use and you want to keep it nice unused.

I would start from top and cut down .might just give you enough clearance for them wheels to turn without rubbing

If you have peices of lexan hanging around ,you could cut four plates ,make new post holes on them then elongate the holes on the body and put the plates under the cover with crazy glue and problem solved .this way you could push the cover back a little without cutting your fenders

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240218-083052~2.png
    Screenshot_20240218-083052~2.png
    824.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I don’t really have any shelf queens. No one is in my basement. lol.
Nobody sees mine either except for you guys.
A shelf queen doesn't allways mean it's on a shelf for showing off to people .it can also mean it's just a Rc that you don't use and you want to keep it nice unused.
Having a second, well kept "shelf queen" body allows me to bash up the other body without worrying. Does that make sense?

That's one reason I left my Vette cover on my 8s infraction unpainted.that and I love looking at the electronics and the components and my red led light strips under the cover at night when I do night time speed passes.👍😁

IMG_20231119_204145665.jpg

IMG_20231123_212627978.jpg

IMG_20240101_154434608.jpg

IMG_20231116_164236159.jpg

IMG_20231123_212704108.jpg

One of the reasons I don't do perfect paint anymore. Its only perfect till the first time..... Then it's all pistivity. :LOL:

One race season I didn't paint anything. TQ'd multiple A-main's too. Paint don't make em faster ;)

View attachment 349286
See that looks sweet ..cover is doing it's job and you can see everything under it.great way to show off electronics and any custom work and any mods .👍😁

Ik clear body's are not that popular yet ,but I can definitely start seeing a trend soon..yes paint does bring out all the body lines out but a clear body also has its perks ..for me anyways.its not for everyone.

I have a crazy idea that I've been thinking about for a long time .but first I need to buy another cover .don't really want to share yet what I'm thinking of doing but it it's definitely something that I have yet not seen anyone do . visual efx would be mostly for night use.when I get around to it I shall post pics of what I want to do👍

Last edited:
I have two Vette Bodies for running. I’ll see how my Infraction goes with the new side skirts. Vette too. I didn’t tape it down and it was just launching. So now I’m torn because I just can’t see myself being able to stop myself from making the GTR body fit and running it. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😎 So! As we say here? F it. It just looks way too sweet to not be ripping by me.

I have two Vette Bodies for running. I’ll see how my Infraction goes with the new side skirts. Vette too. I didn’t tape it down and it was just launching. So now I’m torn because I just can’t see myself being able to stop myself from making the GTR body fit and running it. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😎 So! As we say here? F it. It just looks way too sweet to not be ripping by me.
Like Nike..JUST DO IT👍😁

Skyline it is! I can move the posts back a little bit and we’ll see! Cause first run today and serious carnage on the infection.

IMG_3526.jpeg

IMG_3527.jpeg

IMG_3537.png

IMG_3536.png

Last edited:
@King blitz So after smashing the Infraction going airborne at 85? I have no rear body posts. Spoiler supports. Splitter. See above. But I did put some taller posts on the front and heated them up and bent them back slightly. It fits perfectly. No lie. It’s close to the wheel wells but it’s even in the front and rear. And I’m gonna vinal wrap the body. I bent the aluminum side skirts and that splitter is now a wing. Let’s wreck a Nissan!

IMG_3547.png

IMG_3548.png

IMG_3549.jpeg

Last edited:
I almost got all aluminum stuff I broke. Body post. Rear diffuser braces. Etc. but I remember that some parts are plastic so they do break and cause less damage. Like my buddy has aluminum swing arms. Hit a small tree and his whole front end got torn off. Plus I have the aluminum chassis braces. Basherqueen center brace and my skyline package

IMG_3547.png

Back