BEST XLX2 (must do) MOD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool mod! wonder how easy it is to get this 3d printed or something.
… I know, right! I’m surprised with so many people that know how to 3-D print, nobody has made an upgraded fan shroud that will wrap around the wires and hold them in place.
I am about to post a video here giving away my stencils to make the headlight buckets for the 1:7 scale skyline. Should check it out!

@Moirae

You still have your burnt XLX2? How badly melted is it??
If it's still somewhat in decent shape (that I can grab some solid dimensions from..)

Mind sending it over so I can get some direct measurements off of it?
Use it as reference to design some possible enhancement modifications?

@Moirae

If it's still somewhat in decent shape (that I can grab some solid dimensions from..)

haha man castle replaced that burnt xlx2 but I had to send it in.

… I know, right! I’m surprised with so many people that know how to 3-D print, nobody has made an upgraded fan shroud that will wrap around the wires and hold them in place.
I am about to post a video here giving away my stencils to make the headlight buckets for the 1:7 scale skyline. Should check it out!

Well, when I saw the above video and that wire brace/re-enforcement design and how original it was, thinking the person would probably produce those and sale them themselves.

I certainly wasn't going step on their toes and rip off their designs in any way.

Now if you're looking for a collaboration to have your design(s) turned into 3D designs and 'mass produced' ,then I'd be interested in such a partnership.

PM me and let's talk.

Well, when I saw the above video and that wire brace/re-enforcement design and how original it was, thinking the person would probably produce those and sale them themselves.

I certainly wasn't going step on their toes and rip off their designs in any way.

Now if you're looking for a collaboration to have your design(s) turned into 3D designs and 'mass produced' ,then I'd be interested in such a partnership.

PM me and let's talk.
Awesome idea, he seems open too. I'd for sure buy a few of them even though I've never actually had the problem.

I've ripped at least 6 out..did 1 few days ago..awesome idea
Let us know how the plate turns out if you make one or anything like it.

PM me and let's talk.
… that’s more possible than not.. oh btw I had mine replaced bcs the logs were fresh and proved that it was not abuse.

About printing… I’ve made the skirts, a large wing, front splitter, and the cartridge for the 9 pin VGA breakout board that controls the light on the same skyline build, but most of those would probably suit best in carbon fiber. Either a cnc router or laser/water jet cutter. There’s also the engine bay I made for the skyline but, actually.. now that the engine bay exists and we have the “frame” for a “fitting” engine bay, there’s so many degrees of freedom to get creative with the bay because the space is there. I have a resin engine in mine but for other ppl, the bay could secure a gps, a receiver box, an esc, a digital temp screen, volt screen, perfect pass module,.. the ideas just keep coming. As long as it’s a win win I’m interested. I share my designs, you share back the files and we both can enjoy the same products.

The headlight buckets on the other hand don’t need to be tough and as long as it’s a fine resolution print, the lines won’t be visible.
@Moirae

Was replaced 🙏
@Moirae

You should be able to get the dimensions from the xlx2 by looking on Amazon because they always give out dimensions. You can also search for the fan shroud and then look at those dimensions too.

Last edited:
Let us know how the plate turns out if you make one or anything like it.

… that’s more possible than not.. oh btw I had mine replaced bcs the logs were fresh and proved that it was not abuse.

About printing… I’ve made the skirts, a large wing, front splitter, and the cartridge for the 9 pin VGA breakout board that controls the light on the same skyline build, but most of those would probably suit best in carbon fiber. Either a cnc router or laser/water jet cutter. There’s also the engine bay I made for the skyline but, actually.. now that the engine bay exists and we have the “frame” for a “fitting” engine bay, there’s so many degrees of freedom to get creative with the bay because the space is there. I have a resin engine in mine but for other ppl, the bay could secure a gps, a receiver box, an esc, a digital temp screen, volt screen, perfect pass module,.. the ideas just keep coming. As long as it’s a win win I’m interested. I share my designs, you share back the files and we both can enjoy the same products.

The headlight buckets on the other hand don’t need to be tough and as long as it’s a fine resolution print, the lines won’t be visible.

Was replaced 🙏

You should be able to get the dimensions from the xlx2 by looking on Amazon because they always give out dimensions. You can also search for the fan shroud and then look at those dimensions too.
By buddy Mitchell miner is my fabricater for that type of thing..I know you guys have talked....haven't asked him yet,but he shines at fabrication work..

hmm, read all the comments before i saw the video. Figured i could easily design and print it.

But tbh, after seeing the video. I just have the esc cables tie wrapped to the bracebar on all my XLX2 cars. The batteries could fly and pull on the connector, but the cable is never gonna pull on the esc sideways.

By buddy Mitchell miner is my fabricater for that type of thing..I know you guys have talked....haven't asked him yet,but he shines at fabrication work..
Yea he’sa cool guy for sure.. it all started after the first repair on his blue lightning using clear gorilla tape and clear gorilla epoxy and he was a natural at it. He gave me credit for the idea on his following video so I always show him support for that. I remember he did the first carbon fiber body with his brother but after that, making carbon fiber bodies became his thing and each one comes out better than the next.
hmm, read all the comments before i saw the video. Figured i could easily design and print it.

But tbh, after seeing the video. I just have the esc cables tie wrapped to the bracebar on all my XLX2 cars. The batteries could fly and pull on the connector, but the cable is never gonna pull on the esc sideways.
Once it happens you’ll never want to risk it agin. If you print, you have nothing to loose in making your own design.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back