Bick's Kraton 8s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at yours and @Megasty 's K8 builds and noticed both had comments on 12s use.
I agree 12s has some cool factor, but we are limited to MGM escs or ZTW. MGM ESCs cost as much as the whole truck (prior to mods) plus take up some serious real-estate.
ZTW are notorious for going up in smoke with from what I hear zero warranty. I am thinking the better option might be to stick with the Max5 on 8s and get a slightly higher KV motor from TP Power that retains the same size as this Fuze motor you are using. Probably something like 1100kv? This would add the RPMs desired without needing the extra voltage and weight.

One of the other primary concerns would be adding more weight with dual 6s packs and the larger ESC's weight. All of that adding to an already heavy rig probably isn't the best for a-arm and shock reliability.

Just my 2 cents on the subject if you are entertaining the idea of 12s

I was looking at yours and @Megasty 's K8 builds and noticed both had comments on 12s use.
I agree 12s has some cool factor, but we are limited to MGM escs or ZTW. MGM ESCs cost as much as the whole truck (prior to mods) plus take up some serious real-estate.
ZTW are notorious for going up in smoke with from what I hear zero warranty. I am thinking the better option might be to stick with the Max5 on 8s and get a slightly higher KV motor from TP Power that retains the same size as this Fuze motor you are using. Probably something like 1100kv? This would add the RPMs desired without needing the extra voltage and weight.

One of the other primary concerns would be adding more weight with dual 6s packs and the larger ESC's weight. All of that adding to an already heavy rig probably isn't the best for a-arm and shock reliability.

I have heard the same thing about the ZTW esc.

I remembered hearing that Castle was working on a 12s esc and motor, the motor was released iirc but the esc was scraped for one reason or another and I'm sure whatever the reason was is why you don't see a lot of 12s escs.

I have heard the same thing about the ZTW esc.

I remembered hearing that Castle was working on a 12s esc and motor, the motor was released iirc but the esc was scraped for one reason or another and I'm sure whatever the reason was is why you don't see a lot of 12s escs.
Very common on boats though. I suppose you could get a boat ESC and convert to have a heatsink/fan versus water cooling.
Very few have over 180 amps output, but with 50 volts you don't need as many amps.

Headed to the hobby shop to grab my replacement arms and then I'll be ready to test out the setup. I'll probably run it at the BMX track. It will depend on if it's a muddy mess or not.

View attachment 61053
View attachment 61054

I also installed the best mod ever! My very own BicketyBam sticker compliments of my brother from up North, @Notorious J. This was a complete surprise and I am really thankful for guys like him. Love ya, brother!

View attachment 61055
Mega stars need to expand the brand. 1000 followers and counting. Small token to say thanks for all you've done Ed.✌❤

I'm sticking with 8s for now. The 2028 is already a beast on 8s, I just need to see what pinions fit certain situations. The only reason I have 2 of the ZTWs is that an Ali seller had them for $215 & it turned out to not be a scam. I can't even think of running it on 12s on such a hvy rig unless I want it to flame on. The ESCs are in my 5t & MTXL, both are perfectly fine on 8s & both gave me all kinds of problems with max5s.

Bicketybam, have you weighed your K8s with the new chassis, motor, batteries, esc and carbon brace additions? I wonder how close are you to the 30lb mark or have you exceeded it?

Bicketybam, have you weighed your K8s with the new chassis, motor, batteries, esc and carbon brace additions? I wonder how close are you to the 30lb mark or have you exceeded it?
I haven't.

I can not find the 23t pinion online? I don’t have stores that sell Arrma products in town.
Check Tower hobby website they have it they also have a nice selection of pinions. 17 all the way up to 24 . I’m going to upgrade mine but I haven’t decided on how far I can take the pinion up and have no heating issues.

Just a little video update of my build and a thank you for the 1k subs ???

Congrats on the milestone Ed! Nice to see you back up and at it with the videos. That next K8S run should be wild.

Just placed an order for the Hobbywing 5687 1100Kv motor. The low end cogging on the Dynamite Fuze bothers me. I've seen several people running this motor and it seems to do well. I'll probably try it with the 34t spool gear that I have. It will be super fast ???

Just placed an order for the Hobbywing 5687 1100Kv motor. The low end cogging on the Dynamite Fuze bothers me. I've seen several people running this motor and it seems to do well. I'll probably try it with the 34t spool gear that I have. It will be super fast ???
I just got that motor and running 29-30T pinion. 34T may put you on the edge of a heat issue, but the castle 2028 fan covers the entire motor with minor modification to create room for the motor leads.

I just got that motor and running 29-30T pinion. 34T may put you on the edge of a heat issue, but the castle 2028 fan covers the entire motor with minor modification to create room for the motor leads.
How fast is it with the 30T?

I'm still using the spektrum esc and its mid 50s. I think commanderAstig (youtuber) is at 58 using the 29t and max5 esc.
It's gonna fly on a 34T ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back