Big Rock Big rock 3S Off-road Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caswelln

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently got the Big Rock 3s and brought it on some trails for the first time. It went well but the low clearance was an issue. Is there any upgrades I should make for better performance on trails, or to protect the truck? So far I’ve only gotten the Tbone bumpier!
Thanks!!

23758348-7382-4F12-BAC9-14CDEC8DD835.jpeg

Pssh skys the limit check out gpm website hot racing website M2c website tou can turn that into a tank full aluminum skid plate covers the whole bottom of it theres evan rock gaurds for the a arms kinda like a shield & gpm sells a plow for it

What do you mean by "better performance"? More speed? More traction? More stability? The Big Rock is already one of the highest ground clearance vehicles in the Arrma lineup. You could get longer shocks, but that would also make you more prone to turning over.

What do you mean by "better performance"? More speed? More traction? More stability? The Big Rock is already one of the highest ground clearance vehicles in the Arrma lineup. You could get longer shocks, but that would also make you more prone to turning over.
Im guessing hes going after a crawler basher type of rig

Stock front shocks for the Big Rock are 100mm.
Stock rear shocks for the Big Rock are 115mm

This thread has a list of shock upgrades for the 3s line. Some are close to the same length, others are longer.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

If you wanted to go even longer, you could start looking at shocks from the 6s line. Or even shocks from other companies for their 1/8 vehicles.

Sounds like hebwants it to sit more like a jacked up truck. I put the ZD Racing shocks and proline badlands mx tires. Fixed me right up. My stance and nose is taller now

View attachment 162324

View attachment 162325
Is all you did was add the shocks and the tires? And ya, I want it to be a badger crawler if possible
Sounds like hebwants it to sit more like a jacked up truck. I put the ZD Racing shocks and proline badlands mx tires. Fixed me right up. My stance and nose is taller now

View attachment 162324

View attachment 162325
These? https://www.ebay.com/itm/384314355970

Yes that was all that mattered for the stance. When u click the link u posted the shocks I use are 1st row under the posted ones. The ZD not hobao. But they prob work too
I can’t find the ones through the link, could you post a link for me? Thanks!!

This looks very well😎How did you make this sit higher ?
This is a 2021 thread, and the guy may not be around anymore. Typically, I think some just put longer shocks on it and crank down the spring adjuster. I’ve never tried to jack my cars up, I prefer the arms to be pretty much level when the car is loaded and ready to go (with battery).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back