Big Rock Big Rock Crew Cab motor extremely hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mactek

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 6s
Just got a Big Rock and noticed when running on 3s and punch setting of 5 the motor gets extremely hot. At one point the car stopped responding due to overheating. I was using a 5000 3s 40c pack. Is this normal?

Just got a Big Rock and noticed when running on 3s and punch setting of 5 the motor gets extremely hot. At one point the car stopped responding due to overheating. I was using a 5000 3s 40c pack. Is this normal?

Depends on driving style and driving conditions. Flat out for extended periods on tall grass, yes. What kind of driving were you doing?

I was on the street pulling wheelies and fast runs.

If my motor heat like your, I will put the 3665 3100kv or 3670 3050kv

What? On 3s on full throttle most of the time my Senton gets warm... barely. Far from what I consider hot.

I would bet some of your bearings are stuck. For me the rear diff outdrive bearings binded on the second run already. Rear hubs followed few runs after.

Last edited:
Good possibility there may be a bearing or two failing. The BRCC's tires are a lot heavier than senton wheels, so there is more load on the power system. I've hit thermal cutoff on my BRCC the first time out for a bash session. My buddy's Granite did as well.

Okay than I am not that worried if others of had same problem. I plan on replacing all the bearings soon with rubber shielded or the hybrids from Avid. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back