Big Rock 💪 BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 32" stretched speedster build. KING OF ALL ROCKS 👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming🤟👍

IMG_20221031_222340821.jpg

The project is coming slow mainly because of long hours at work.but I have been plugin along.making top plate tonight .I'm seriously thinking of making this a 6s .for my speed runs I am actually talking to someone in Delta plastics on coming up with a good speed cover..

Last edited:
From the rear to the wheelie bar I need to extend the body 91/2 inches

IMG_20221031_231656532.jpg

Just figured I'd show a before and after pic .I'm basically building the BRcc "in my eyes" what the BRcc should look like.nice and long also making a lay back wing . Also eventually make side air deflector/dams and also going to

Last edited:
Just figured I'd show a before and after pic .I'm basically building the BRcc "in my eyes" what the BRcc should look like.nice and long also making a lay back wing . Also eventually make side air deflector/dams and also going to

Quick update on Big Papa long rock!! Been working on the chassis and bottom brace is complete and on the inside ( motor side ) the brace is also completed with bolts and nuts.after tightening them all down chassis is straight and no flexing.i have a few things on the left inside that I need to Dremel out and then I'll add the last brace . Suspension is back together and electronics is also installed.the one part of this build that I was kinda of worried about was the custom center drive shaft.the chassis extension was pretty much based off it . length of the shaft is 15"1/2 .so it was my focal point to this build.also the other part that was important was making sure the motor wires reached the esc.in order for that to work I had to remove the esc from the top cover of the receiver box and Install it on the chassis floor so wires could reach.worked perfect.before I even started drilling holes and installing any nuts and bolts I dry fitted the center drive shaft , motor wires, and chassis to make sure it was all going to fit nicely.might all sound easy but just one mistake and it all could have gone down hill especially cutting the two chassis .if I had cut the two chassis even by a few mm short then the center drive shaft wouldn't fit right . I honestly didn't use any technical devices to do this .just some masking tape that was used for measuring purposes and also to hold the chassis together while I dry fitted the rest. I threw a lipo in it and powered it up.but then there was a problem..servo worked and fans worked but when I gave it throttle I had no response.🙁 After some quick 🤔 I knew what I did wrong..I had the motor plugged into the auxiliary on the receiver.so I connected it back to the throttle port and boom it worked .thank the good lord.lol took it out side and it was a weird strange feeling and excitement .i was used to using the BR at it's stock length and now it's 27"1/2 long just felt very weird but I love the look and I pressed the throttle and wow I swear it's quicker / faster.i think it has to do with the longer center drive shaft.i wounder if anyone else experienced this..one down down side so far is I noticed because of the chassis being extended my turning radius sucks ..I have to take wide turns .which is ok because I'm building it as a speed chassis and I'm not concerned about turning wise..speed runs and a little road bashing is what its set up for..I'll take photos tomorrow or soon and hopefully make a vid on it the next sunny day.👍

Decided to add on vendetta 3s blx front and rear air diffusers.i personally love the look .adds some weight to the front to keep it down at speeds.making a splitter and also going to make some side dams maybey some winglets for the rear to.i also shortened the front suspension.i replaced the front control arms with short aluminum ones and left the rear wide.i want to see the difference of them both during speed run tests.ill stay in touch thx for chillin here😁👍

IMG_20221116_190904193.jpg

IMG_20221116_202239752.jpg

IMG_20221116_195217385.jpg

IMG_20221116_194616088.jpg

IMG_20221116_192302543.jpg

IMG_20221116_192532630.jpg

IMG_20221116_192019114.jpg

Center drive shaft is in place .I did have the front diff in when I was test fitting.i ended up using a swb and a lwb shaft and then merging both with the slipper shaft .when I tryed to use both lwb shafts it just made the chassis to way to long and I was concerned about the body cover not fitting .I tryed numerous ways to think of best way to fully extend both body covers and I would allways come inches short.so the best option was using 1swb and 1 swb.i haven't measured the total length of the chassis yet but I gained at least 6 inches longer than the original chassis.ill get exact measurements when I brace the chassis have everything together.i already have started also on the body.both body covers have been cut and still trying to figure out a few things.im still undecided on what I want to do.i have 3 ways to do it.also going to modify the hood of the BRcc.been looking at some other cool things I'll be adding and changing.ill keep you all posted with more photos .

View attachment 251865

Also been drawing out some designs on a custom spoiler. And on my ideas on paint work .not sure if I'm going to go with a solid color or two tone or if I'm going to use graphics or not.undecided.. this week I'll be mainly working on getting this all braced up and then start putting it all back together.body cover will take the longest .

Sorry for posting duplicate photos lol.

Dude that’s awesome! Love the set up

Dude that’s awesome! Love the set up
Thank you very much.appreciate the compliment..pretty quiet in here.maybey because not to many know about my build thread or people don't care so much about the Big Rock.lol . either way I'll continue to post updates..maybey someone else might use this build thread useful..I must say this is no longer a monster truck lol.👍😁

While I think about what I plan to do with the body I have things to do on the chassis .and I thinking of getting the vortex upper gear box with center mount and the vendetta shocks.with the covers from the vortex I can still use my stock body posts.plus the brace mounts that's 20" long.here is what I should get if you have a better way plz let me know I'm open for help/ suggestion
The infraction shocks look sweet .just hope they fit into the vortex upper gear boxes tower mounts . Should be able to since the parts are all from the blx 3s line .goal is to lower this to about 1/4 " off the ground.weight has been added to the front by adding aluminum arms and stearing linkage s./ Turn buckels and now recently added the vendetta front and rear air diffusers .just makes this build look better and does what I need to which is direct air flow to positive energy.aerodynamics is important key factor in speed to resistance.obviosly the smoother you can cut through air the faster you go

Last edited:
Ordered the vortex upper gear covers along with some other things I need for the chassis.i bought 2 limitless center braces just to see if I can some how merge them together.if not I can allways use them for a future build .

Ordered the vortex upper gear covers along with some other things I need for the chassis.i bought 2 limitless center braces just to see if I can some how merge them together.if not I can allways use them for a future build .
Purchased these from Jenny's RC prices were the lowest I could find but not happy with shipping cost.i think it's over priced.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221124-111841.png
    Screenshot_20221124-111841.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
It's awesome seeing someone else go through the same steps!! You cut them exactly in the same spots that I did it seems. I just came across this thread again idk why I wasn't getting notifications. Truck is coming along sweet dude!! Mine has been a blast it shreds so hard on 6s. Your street version makes me want one like that lol. But my turning radius is rough as well. I took my servo saver off just to see and that helped massively but I know it'll blow the servo so I can't run it like that. Just wish I could find or make a stronger saver other than the kimborough extra large

Thx Steph it's been so far a good ride of experience and it's opening up my vision to a whole new level.im know I'm no where finished but it's running and I actually just got back from doing a few speed passes and I was anxious to get it out .it's like 35 here in Rhode island and I'm near the water so it's cold .it ran awesome .just need to get stearing straighter.didnt have much time to dial it in right.just concerned it wasn't going to split in half on me lol.but yeah Big Papa long rock is running good .center shaft is perfect .no binding or wobbling.ran it with out cover and wing..over all weight is up there with all the things I've added but electronics are pushing it well .I'll check out your build I bet it's sweet also👍
Wrapped the lipo in 2 socks and it seemed to work on protection from the cold a little.

IMG_20221124_190136949.jpg

IMG_20221124_190038753.jpg

Last edited:
Thx Steph it's been so far a good ride of experience and it's opening up my vision to a whole new level.im know I'm no where finished but it's running and I actually just got back from doing a few speed passes and I was anxious to get it out .it's like 35 here in Rhode island and I'm near the water so it's cold .it ran awesome .just need to get stearing straighter.didnt have much time to dial it in right.just concerned it wasn't going to split in half on me lol.but yeah Big Papa long rock is running good .center shaft is perfect .no binding or wobbling.ran it with out cover and wing..over all weight is up there with all the things I've added but electronics are pushing it well .I'll check out your build I bet it's sweet also👍
Wrapped the lipo in 2 socks and it seemed to work on protection from the cold a little.

View attachment 258297

View attachment 258298
If any one noticed I stuck a hand held led light to the front tower so I could see at night because I haven't put my led lights back on yet.i need to extend the wiring harness since the chassis is longer.front lights reach but won't for the rear.
If any one noticed I stuck a hand held led light to the front tower so I could see at night because I haven't put my led lights back on yet.i need to extend the wiring harness since the chassis is longer.front lights reach but won't for the rear.
Out of all the tires I used my favorite is the slicks .so grippy I love them .only second time using them but they are wearing evenly from what I can see.

Last edited:
Just found this thread,very cool build......think if ya could keep power module mounts on front chassis and have a dual motor setup...

View attachment 258361
Thx k bash.dual motors won't work on composite chassis.for that type of weight I'd need a aluminum chassis or steel..I believe installing dual motors on this build would have so much torque twist .I'm happy with just one motor 👍

Just came in
1️⃣ Center spline block
2️⃣ Vortex blx 3s Upper gear bulk heads with center brace mounts
2️⃣ Side guards
2️⃣ Battery straps
2️⃣ 6s red center brace bars with ball cups.
I took the second big rock body and started cutting it apart.i removed the nose and cut the hood out and cut it into 3 sections .I also cut out the lower section of the front lights with grill attached.ill show you end results of what I plan to modify on the front end of the body cover.
The xtra side guards were going to be used in the rear but since this build is not a dirt basher I don't feel there is a need for them .so after looking at them for a bit I noticed something cool that I can use them for.ill post photos of when I start to modify them and show you guys what they will be used for..👍stay tuned

Attachments

• IMG_20221203_204159850.jpg
    IMG_20221203_204159850.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20221203_203422044.jpg
    IMG_20221203_203422044.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Back