Big Rock Big Rock V3 engine install issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright guys, I'm away fishing for the weekend. I'll get straight onto it again on my return. Looks like it's time to get that rear diff out and get it sorted. Thank you to all that made suggestions 💪
Are the inputs all twisted up, looks like it.. also what's the red sheet on it!?
Red stuff is grease, I'm going to remove it. And what do you mean by inputs all twisted up? How do I fix it?

Picture is blurred sorry. Input gear on the right has exterior splines. Slipper shaft on the left has interior splines. Input shaft must go inside slipper shaft. For some reason yours is not lining up and mating together. Remove your diff and try mating them together by hand.

IMG_20230505_171820406.jpg

I will do. Is this something that can be upgraded? If I'm going to remove it anyway, I might aswell do the upgrade.

The particular problem your having is not from inferior parts and upgrading won't help. Lets first see why these two parts aren't mating together. I upgraded my rear diffs to metal ring and input gears and metal yokes, however that has nothing to do with your existing problem.

The particular problem your having is not from inferior parts and upgrading won't help. Lets first see why these two parts aren't mating together. I upgraded my rear diffs to metal ring and input gears and metal yokes, however that has nothing to do with your existing problem.
Thanks mate. I'll get stuck into it when I'm back. 👍

***FIXED***

FINALLY!! Ok, so it turns out that when I took apart the rear diff, I didn't put it back together correctly. The long screw that goes from one side to the other side of the did and holds in the ends, wasn't locked in 🤦 took it all apart, cleaned it and correctly rebuilt it. Trial and error I guess. Learnt alot in the process. Enjoyed every frustrating minute 🤣 thanks to everyone for their input.

In the first photo, you can see how close the nut is to the opening. After adjusting and correctly installing, you can see in the second photo how far back it is. 👍

20230507_195911.jpg

20230507_200446.jpg

***FIXED***

FINALLY!! Ok, so it turns out that when I took apart the rear diff, I didn't put it back together correctly. The long screw that goes from one side to the other side of the did and holds in the ends, wasn't locked in 🤦 took it all apart, cleaned it and correctly rebuilt it. Trial and error I guess. Learnt alot in the process. Enjoyed every frustrating minute 🤣 thanks to everyone for their input.

In the first photo, you can see how close the nut is to the opening. After adjusting and correctly installing, you can see in the second photo how far back it is. 👍

View attachment 298242

View attachment 298243
So I was correct. Glad you sorted it out. Now you can go bash it and break something. 😆👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back