Granite Black Friday $59.99 Granite Voltage Arrived (and Upgraded)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Through this year, my daughter has become my R.C. buddy and we've been driving Mini-T 2.0s around the cul-de-sac and parking lots all summer long. Her skills have gotten better and so I wanted to get something with a bit more ground clearance for her to drive.

When the $59.99 Granite Black Friday deal popped up, I surveyed my parts bin and decided it was too good of a deal to pass up. I also had $20 Horizon loyalty dollars - so in the end this thing cost me $39.99 + tax.

I had an ESC and motor from a Senton MEGA that I upgraded awhile back and a box full of ADS-15M servos - so once the Granite arrived today, I ripped out the stock electronics and put those in and paired it with a SLT3/SLR300 that I had taken out of my V3 BRCC. I also had a 2S LiPo that I was using with the Senton before I upgraded it, which fit perfectly in this truck.

For some reason the mesh was REALLY tight with the Arrma 12T motor and sounded horrible. Fortunately, I had a Dynamite 12T 550 brushed motor in the parts bin and gave that a try. Much better - not sure why the Arrma motor was causing such tight mesh.

So in the end, I achieved my goals of getting something better for my daughter to drive with me as well as spending zero additional dollars out of pocket to make some nicer, but not insane, upgrades to it.

EDIT: I suppose I might spend a few bucks and add a TBR front bumper to it - the stock bumper looks like it's absolutely worthless.

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

Last edited:
One of the things I did to my voltage was replacing every phillips screw with hex screws. It was always super annoying to work on this truck with phillips screws because they'd always slip/strip using my electric screwdriver so I almost always had to use a hand driver and that got super annoying really fast lol.

One of the things I did to my voltage was replacing every phillips screw with hex screws. It was always super annoying to work on this truck with phillips screws because they'd always slip/strip using my electric screwdriver so I almost always had to use a hand driver and that got super annoying really fast lol.

I replaced the motor and servo saver screws with hex heads - but now that you mentioned it, I should just do the rest as well.

I replaced the motor and servo saver screws with hex heads - but now that you mentioned it, I should just do the rest as well.
Fyi the plastic that chassis is made of I found is a bit on the brittle side so careful not to overtighten anything that goes into it. I made that mistake and cracked it on one of the screw holes for the motor which meant I lost the ability to use one of the pinion size options.

The truck is definitely made cheap but the nice thing about it is most of the replacements are cheap too, perfect for kids and newbies to trash on until they get better at driving lol

First run on mine today, let the neighbors kid drive it, everything was fine out the box, just slapped in a 2S lipo and let him rip. He's 8, grooming him for a life of RC, one happy lad.
That’s awesome dude ✌? Share the love.
Through this year, my daughter has become my R.C. buddy and we've been driving Mini-T 2.0s around the cul-de-sac and parking lots all summer long. Her skills have gotten better and so I wanted to get something with a bit more ground clearance for her to drive.

When the $59.99 Granite Black Friday deal popped up, I surveyed my parts bin and decided it was too good of a deal to pass up. I also had $20 Horizon loyalty dollars - so in the end this thing cost me $39.99 + tax.

I had an ESC and motor from a Senton MEGA that I upgraded awhile back and a box full of ADS-15M servos - so once the Granite arrived today, I ripped out the stock electronics and put those in and paired it with a SLT3/SLR300 that I had taken out of my V3 BRCC. I also had a 2S LiPo that I was using with the Senton before I upgraded it, which fit perfectly in this truck.

For some reason the mesh was REALLY tight with the Arrma 12T motor and sounded horrible. Fortunately, I had a Dynamite 12T 550 brushed motor in the parts bin and gave that a try. Much better - not sure why the Arrma motor was causing such tight mesh.

So in the end, I achieved my goals of getting something better for my daughter to drive with me as well as spending zero additional dollars out of pocket to make some nicer, but not insane, upgrades to it.

EDIT: I suppose I might spend a few bucks and add a TBR front bumper to it - the stock bumper looks like it's absolutely worthless.

View attachment 112956

View attachment 112955
That’s wicked, always neat when the kiddos are interested in what your doing ... I have a 4 year old girl who likes to sit and watch me make cars she says. If I’m doing a scratch build or something and have parts all laid out. She tells me which parts to put on next ?? it’s awesome :)

First timer here. Do you happen to have a link to purchase the hex screws? Also, any suggestion on skid plates? The lack of a rear bumper is causing me headaches. Trying to find compatible bumpers as well. T-Bone is out of stock.

First timer here. Do you happen to have a link to purchase the hex screws? Also, any suggestion on skid plates? The lack of a rear bumper is causing me headaches. Trying to find compatible bumpers as well. T-Bone is out of stock.
I like these misc. hex sets from Amazon. I usually end up using M3x6 through M3x20 on most of my vehicles.
https://www.amazon.com/iExcell-Sock...&keywords=m3+screw+kit&qid=1607413014&sr=8-21

No suggestions on bumpers if T-bone is out of stock. The only thing the voltage shares with the other arrma trucks is the body is cross compatible with the Granite bodies, that's about it.

Waiting on the drive shafts for mine and tires but did a lot of wrenching today myself

015C2882-11F9-460B-93F2-E4E7A5C2797F.jpeg

354473B8-EC4F-4C82-9605-08FE0E5807A2.jpeg

928D9835-8EFB-47D4-B4AA-0CC7A00C638C.jpeg

C85FAE4E-902E-4ACC-9A6A-B6AAD537CA6B.jpeg

Waiting on the drive shafts for mine and tires but did a lot of wrenching today myself

Nice!

Well, today was a great day. Went out with my daughter and we just had a blast in an empty parking lot. Best $40 I’ve spent in a long time.

Last edited:
What are the upgrades?
Max10/4000kv, 25kg servo, traxxas servo saver, traxxas turnbuckles, integy spur/gears/diff, integy drive shafts on the way, 6s diff cups and receiver box, dumborc rx/tx , have more tires on the way too. Running on the 25t pinion on 2 and 3s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back