Typhon Blew up my castle motor 1515 4th run on 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amrra

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
What gives. Was running a 19t pinion 4s 5000mah batteries.

D0271FEA-9C29-4068-94AC-8E65B027AEDB.jpeg

25C8FD81-9CCD-4E90-8CBE-E4EE9BB8BC6F.jpeg

B1EADD26-EF04-490F-B642-4C579CA985D0.jpeg

Need more details, what ESC, what were you doing at the time, is there binding in the driveline, pics of pinion/spur to verify gear mesh, etc

Need more details, what ESC, what were you doing at the time, is there binding in the driveline, pics of pinion/spur to verify gear mesh, etc
It’s the castle 8th setup. Was just ripping through the dirt. No binding. Been doing this for almost 20 years. Steel spur and pinion meshed perfectly. Didn’t know if anyone else has had any issues with a 1515 motor

Do you have datalogs? How were motor and ESC temps? Do you have pics of pinion/spur? The motor may have slid in the mount and jammed the mesh too tightly. You say no binding, have you pushed the car back and forth with all wheels on the ground and the motor removed to confirm? Not trying to imply inexperience or ignorance, just trying to make sure all bases are covered

Do you have datalogs? How were motor and ESC temps? Do you have pics of pinion/spur? The motor may have slid in the mount and jammed the mesh too tightly. You say no binding, have you pushed the car back and forth with all wheels on the ground and the motor removed to confirm? Not trying to imply inexperience or ignorance, just trying to make sure all bases are covered
No data logs. But all temps where within what is comfortable to run. And yes after motor went I removed and everything is free spinning. I use locktite on every screw including mount to motor. I’ll slap a pic of pinion and spur tomorrow. I’ll be drowning my frustrations in PBR for the evening. Castle has top notch customer service and is shipping me a new bearing and cap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back