Blue Metallic Paint on Factory Limitless Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Notorious
I decided to have a bit of fun with my trashed stock limitless body before I made the switch to GT body. Obviously painting the exterior of an already painted body isn't the best play, and I didn't want to remove stock paint since the body was already on its way out, but since it was scuffed and about to be collecting dust I figured why not? Started out cleaning it with rubbing alcohol, lightly sanding it all down, blasting it off with air and re cleaning it. After prep, I began applying several coats of primer followed by several coats of rattle can blue metallic. After 12 hour drying periods between priming and painting I added several coats of glossy clear coat. Overall, it looks decent. Obviously it can only look so good when you paint the outside of the body, but it was a cheap and fun project that added a different look to my existing stock body. The strip of green tape is just for visibility since I wanted to make a few passes before I felt it was dry enough to rip the paper and painters tape off the front cockpit area.

stock.jpg

early prime.jpg

late prime.jpg

fully primed.jpg

first coats of blue.jpg

blue closer.jpg

blue almost done.JPG

blue finished .jpg

I decided to have a bit of fun with my trashed stock limitless body before I made the switch to GT body. Obviously painting the exterior of an already painted body isn't the best play, and I didn't want to remove stock paint since the body was already on its way out, but since it was scuffed and about to be collecting dust I figured why not? Started out cleaning it with rubbing alcohol, lightly sanding it all down, blasting it off with air and re cleaning it. After prep, I began applying several coats of primer followed by several coats of rattle can blue metallic. After 12 hour drying periods between priming and painting I added several coats of glossy clear coat. Overall, it looks decent. Obviously it can only look so good when you paint the outside of the body, but it was a cheap and fun project that added a different look to my existing stock body. The strip of green tape is just for visibility since I wanted to make a few passes before I felt it was dry enough to rip the paper and painters tape off the front cockpit area.

View attachment 223510

View attachment 223511

View attachment 223512

View attachment 223513

View attachment 223514

View attachment 223515

View attachment 223516

View attachment 223517
Just painted the outside of a kinda beat up typhon body last night too. Needed something brighter to see far away. Painting the wheels tonight. Also painted the outside of my stocker typhon body as well- dark metallic blue. Just easier (& cheaper!) with my skill level where it is @ the moment. Love that blue!!!

20220613_073801.jpg

20220613_073817.jpg

20220613_073906.jpg

20220526_015213.jpg

20220526_081501.jpg

Looks like exterior painting is catching on :)
The typhon body is just so tight on the inside w/ all those weird angles and such, not to mention that the wing & front shock tower keeps it off the roof 80-90% of the time when upside down (which is often w/ me driving!!🤣🤣)

Just painted the outside of a kinda beat up typhon body last night too. Needed something brighter to see far away. Painting the wheels tonight. Also painted the outside of my stocker typhon body as well- dark metallic blue. Just easier (& cheaper!) with my skill level where it is @ the moment. Love that blue!!!
That looks legit dude. I was thinking going 2 tone, but I had enough trouble keeping 1 color consistent lol. I actually ended up having some of the painters tape stick to the paint and rip a big chunk off the front. I'm attempting to blend it back in the best I can, but its not looking too good lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back