Typhon Blx100 lvc issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the fb group as well but don't participate anymore. I was fortunate to get here from there and prefer the positives here.
There are quite a few facebook pages dedicated to arrma and I prefer taking the broader view. You do have filter a fair bit on some pages though

Problem sorted the store have said that they have had a few of these now so they are sending out the hobbywing version to replace it.
Please let me know the model number. I’ve already received a replacement from Horizon and it does the same thing. I was thinking of just buying the blx120 esc and trying that but the hobbywing version might be a better option

Please let me know the model number. I’ve already received a replacement from Horizon and it does the same thing. I was thinking of just buying the blx120 esc and trying that but the hobbywing version might be a better option
Will do soon as I receive it

Attachments

• CB2109B5-2E87-416D-8B68-5042174D4B0F.png
    CB2109B5-2E87-416D-8B68-5042174D4B0F.png
    742.3 KB · Views: 60
Problem sorted the store have said that they have had a few of these now so they are sending out the hobbywing version to replace it.
This is good news. I was unaware that there was a replacement. Great that your lhs sorted it out for you too. Once received, and you share that part number here, we can all start to contact Horizon Hobby ourselves and request a similar upgrade. Thanks for sharing

This is good news. I was unaware that there was a replacement. Great that your lhs sorted it out for you too. Once received, and you share that part number here, we can all start to contact Horizon Hobby ourselves and request a similar upgrade. Thanks for sharing
The store is sending me a max 10 120a as that is what they have in stock. The blx100 is just a rebranded hobbywing but with different software and that is apparently the issue.

The swap is nothing to do with Horizon just the store providing awesome customer care.

Last edited:
The store is sending me a max 10 as that is what they have in stock but I think the max 8 is the direct replacement. The blx100 is just a rebranded hobbywing but with different software and that is apparently the issue.

The swap is nothing to do with Horizon just the store providing awesome customer care.
Noted, thanks. I'll wait for the stock BLX to burn out and take the Max10 into consideration as a future replacement. Great store owners you have btw. Nice to see the lhs still thriving where you are, and able to help the consumer when the Brand can't.

Pretty sure 3.8v LVC is normal. 3.6v is probably the LVC cutoff and it rebounds to 3.8v. Charge your lipo and see how many aH it takes to full balance charge it.

idk, no recent activity
Oh. Okay then. What's your needs versus wants? How much do you have to spend? Do you like the look of one over the other. Are you able to repair and replace things on your own? Are we talking 4s or 6s? Do you like components available to a single unit, or would you opt for a line that uses many similar ones? I'm messing with you obviously. Buy the one that makes your eyes open wider when you look at it. Your going to break them both and learn to enjoy fixing them. It's just a little easier on the Arrma.

Pretty sure 3.8v LVC is normal. 3.6v is probably the LVC cutoff and it rebounds to 3.8v. Charge your lipo and see how many aH it takes to full balance charge it.

Batteries are roughly about 11.6v to 11.9v when going back on charge. The lvc is meant to be set at 3.4v but lots of people are having it cut out way before.
Store reckon it is an issue they have had crop up a few times recently and is software related which is why they are sending out the hobbywing. Balance charging at 2.5v takes about 50mins on the 5200mah 50c ovonics to top them out at 12.6v, that is a big guess as not really stood over it or checked the final time at the end.

i have a traxxas slash, looking for a upgrade. i want something that is preferrarably RTR
not a priority, tho
Kraton 6s then. That's my vote. Others can chime in if they like. Happy shopping!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back