Kraton Blx185 lvc at 3.7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cut is at 3.2 for me, which is too low and I wish I could change it to higher.

if your batteries measure 3.7 after LVC it means your batteries sag voltage under load, what batteries are they?
They are 4500mah 40c gensacearespammers.I've been running them pretty easy also.Not sure whats going on but its a brand new kraton.Maybe i need better batteries?

I know for a fact my V3 Kraton has Nimh mode because I set it to that to run 5S with a low voltage alarm.
They made a change somewhere after V2 to disable NiMH mode. The setting is in as late as a V4 manual in printed form. The option is still in the V2 manual online, but not the V3 or V4 online manuals. I would be curious to find out if there was a way to determine the versions that actually have the NiMH mode option and which do not.

They made a change somewhere after V2 to disable NiMH mode. The setting is in as late as a V4 manual in printed form. The option is still in the V2 manual online, but not the V3 or V4 online manuals. I would be curious to find out if there was a way to determine the versions that actually have the NiMH mode option and which do not.
I thought the manual was off.I know the v4 6s krston does not have nimh mode.I powered it on and tried to change it and only one variable was available. So for the kraton v4 i can say the manual is wrong for the lvc settings

Funny I was certain there was nimh mode till I googled the manual and looked at that exact same diagram, then I backpedaled lmao.
They did have nimh up until the v3 models
They did have nimh up until the v3 models
Nvm if I just continued reading I would’ve noticed you guys covered it

Last edited:
Have any of the people in this thread tried plugging in a Nimh battery and check to see if you can change the first factor? As many of you state, it doesn't work when you try, but that could be because you've plugged in a lipo battery and it automatically defaults. We've discussed low voltage alarms in the past for this very reason, so I'm curious to why we shouldn't be able to switch the battery mode. So if someone has a V3 or V4 and a Nimh battery, please confirm or deny that the setting can/can't be changed. As far as the OP's original question, when hammering away during operation, the voltage can spike/sag causing the lvc to engage early. This has also been mentioned before, and there's not much you can do about it. Buy bigger mAh batteries if you want to increase your run times, 5000 to 6000 would be perfect, but bigger doesn't always fit, so pay attention to size specs before you buy.

Have any of the people in this thread tried plugging in a Nimh battery and check to see if you can change the first factor? As many of you state, it doesn't work when you try, but that could be because you've plugged in a lipo battery and it automatically defaults. We've discussed low voltage alarms in the past for this very reason, so I'm curious to why we shouldn't be able to switch the battery mode. So if someone has a V3 or V4 and a Nimh battery, please confirm or deny that the setting can/can't be changed. As far as the OP's original question, when hammering away during operation, the voltage can spike/sag causing the lvc to engage early. This has also been mentioned before, and there's not much you can do about it. Buy bigger mAh batteries if you want to increase your run times, 5000 to 6000 would be perfect, but bigger doesn't always fit, so pay attention to size specs before you buy.
I will give this a try. Stand by

EDIT: Nope. Still just a single beep only on variable one using a NiMH pack. I used an 8.4V 2400mah Arrma pack from my Granite Mega.

Last edited:
I will give this a try. Stand by

EDIT: Nope. Still just a single beep only on variable one using a NiMH pack. I used an 8.4V 2400mah Arrma pack from my Granite Mega.
Thanks for getting the test done JD. At least that's one more variable we can confirm??

Lordy... 25 posts about there being a nimh mode or not. lol!

Regarding your voltage sag issue, perhaps you can get one of those little battery alarms and plug it in after you've been running a while to see what it says when LVC kicks in. They are only a few $. I have a few laying around and don't think much about it when out running. I use it more when I'm checking packs while charging/discharging, but if I had a problem when out running, I'd plug one in to see what it tells me to see if I have a weak cell or something. Since LVC is just doing the math off the entire pack, one bad cell bottoming out would bring down the total V enough to trip LVC.

Regarding your voltage sag issue, perhaps you can get one of those little battery alarms and plug it in after you've been running a while to see what it says when LVC kicks in. They are only a few $. I have a few laying around and don't think much about it when out running. I use it more when I'm checking packs while charging/discharging, but if I had a problem when out running, I'd plug one in to see what it tells me to see if I have a weak cell or something. Since LVC is just doing the math off the entire pack, one bad cell bottoming out would bring down the total V enough to trip LVC.
Do they make a voltage monitor that will record the lowest voltage? Similar to the way the GPS speed meters record the max speed? That would be very helpful.

I check my batteries throughout runs and at the lowest I got 3.67v across all cells. So why its shutting off that high is still a question. Must be because I'm running 4500 mah 40c lipos and at that low voltage the kraton doesn't like it

I check my batteries throughout runs and at the lowest I got 3.67v across all cells. So why its shutting off that high is still a question. Must be because I'm running 4500 mah 40c lipos and at that low voltage the kraton doesn't like it
You are measuring the voltage AFTER use and NOT under load. When you are running and under load, the voltage drops and when you stop it comes back up. With a smaller Ah or C rating, this drop will be more significant. That’s why they recommend a minimum Ah and C rating.

You are measuring the voltage AFTER use and NOT under load. When you are running and under load, the voltage drops and when you stop it comes back up. With a smaller Ah or C rating, this drop will be more significant. That’s why they recommend a minimum Ah and C rating.
Ok gotcha, just didnt think it would drop to 3.2 that drastically
So maybe have the voltage meter plugged in and wot and watch how much the voltage drops?

Ok gotcha, just didnt think it would drop to 3.2 that drastically

So maybe have the voltage meter plugged in and wot and watch how much the voltage drops?
You will see some drop but not as much as if it had a load. If you have a treadmill and can sync the two, that would work. Or just install a GoPro inside that can see the voltage readout.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back