Kraton Braking problems/1100 Kv 5687

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
Hello guys, I need your advice about my recent upgrade to my Kraton 8. I installed a 1100Kv motor and it’s awesome but it’s braking really hard and I’ve already turned the braking power to lowest setting in the esc. Can I adjust my brakes to make them smooth again by upgrading my radio? I’m using the one that came with it “DX3”. Also , I changed the center diff fluid to 20mil before installing the 1100Kv motor so that I can get some wheelies going and it worked until I swapped the motor for the 1100Kv. I got lots more power but I lost the wheelie ability because of the power. It smokes the tires so to speak. Should I try gearing differently or turning my punch down? I’m running 27pinion and 47 spur on the 1100Kv. Help me out guys!!! All info is appreciated…

Could swap to the 39 spur and that might help your wheelies. Lot of people seem to run a 30/39 set up or 34,35 pinion with the 47 spur.

Could swap to the 39 spur and that might help your wheelies. Lot of people seem to run a 30/39 set up or 34,35 pinion with the 47 spur.
Awesome thanks , I bought a 30 for it and I’m going to try that out. I’m waiting on a new dual fan setup because I’m getting some heat as I go up in gearing.

Well guys I tested the 8s with a 30 pinion on it and upped the punch by 1 and it’s popping wheelies nicely. So 30/47 with 20mil center diff fluid is what I got. Also, 1100 Kv spektrum 5687 motor. It’s pretty awesome. I believe I found the braking problem and what it is, is that I can brake smoothly but if I let the brake go and try to hit it again it automatically kicks into reverse while still moving forward so I can’t “pump the brakes” so to speak. I need to figure out why it kicks into reverse so fast while still moving forward.

Well guys I tested the 8s with a 30 pinion on it and upped the punch by 1 and it’s popping wheelies nicely. So 30/47 with 20mil center diff fluid is what I got. Also, 1100 Kv spektrum 5687 motor. It’s pretty awesome. I believe I found the braking problem and what it is, is that I can brake smoothly but if I let the brake go and try to hit it again it automatically kicks into reverse while still moving forward so I can’t “pump the brakes” so to speak. I need to figure out why it kicks into reverse so fast while still moving forward.
On that setup there is no pumping the brakes per se'. Hitting the brakes like you described above will kick it into reverse, regardless of whether you are standing still or going 45mph forward.

Stock braking force is at 50%, can be raised or lowered.....dunno if that could help in your situation

The only other option is the drag brake for the Hobbywing ESC, where it applies a light brake when you let off the throttle...... owners manual has it at Programmable item #11, stock setting is 0%, then each subsequent option increases by 2 (2%, 4%, etc....) up to 16%...I have never messed with that......

I am running the Max 5, 1100kv 30/39

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back