Kraton 8s spektrum 5687 1100Kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
Hello guys , I need your help on this one. I recently bought a 1100 Spektrum motor and installed it on my kraton 8 and it went well and I love the power. However I have 2 questions. 1, I love the power but my braking is super hard and I’m afraid that I’m going to break something while stopping. How do I get it to brake smoothly again? I have the stock dx3 radio and I have already turned the brakes down in the esc but the motor is torquy and it brakes abruptly once it slows down. Do I need a new radio so I can adjust the braking better? 2, I changed the center diff to 20mil fluid and it would wheelie a little but I lost the wheelies with the new motor as it’s more power to the wheels and smokes the tires so to speak. How do I get it to wheelie again with the more powerful 1100Kv motor that’s in it now? Do I have to turn the punch level down or gear it differently as I’m running 27 pinion and the stock spur which I believe is 47? Help me out guys. All info is appreciated and I’ll keep you posted on the progress….

Hmm 27 does seem high to me for the pinion but at the same time you say it smokes the tires...
So I changed it out to a 30 today but I’m letting the thread lock dry up because they do come lose when you don’t and it’s raining out. Yea when I say it smokes the tires I’m referring to peeling out hard and the tires only have 4 runs on them so I’ll keep you guys posted on how it performs with the 30/47. Thanks for the reply…

Just keep an I on temps. Should be fine with that gearing. I have ran a tp 1400 on 29-47 gearing and was fine. Yes blew tires off or wheelies in my outcast. As far as braking if your radio is at minimum brake force and it’s still stoping fast. Check for binding. I run half brake force with no issues. Maybe less input with your finger.

I have the HW Max 5 / 1100kv in mine / 27t pin , stock 47t spur , Futaba 3PV radio . Used the HW program card to set everything ( punch , brake strength ) , but the radio is widely more adjustable vs. your stock DX3 . Maybe that's why , because mine seems fine . Also , on the 27t pin it pulls 54mph , not even close to hitting any temps to worry about . Quite honestly I love how it is. I also did 20mil in my center .

Just keep an I on temps. Should be fine with that gearing. I have ran a tp 1400 on 29-47 gearing and was fine. Yes blew tires off or wheelies in my outcast. As far as braking if your radio is at minimum brake force and it’s still stoping fast. Check for binding. I run half brake force with no issues. Maybe less input with your finger.
I will thank you, I’m going to try it out today. I put a 30 pinion in it.
I have the HW Max 5 / 1100kv in mine / 27t pin , stock 47t spur , Futaba 3PV radio . Used the HW program card to set everything ( punch , brake strength ) , but the radio is widely more adjustable vs. your stock DX3 . Maybe that's why , because mine seems fine . Also , on the 27t pin it pulls 54mph , not even close to hitting any temps to worry about . Quite honestly I love how it is. I also did 20mil in my center .
yea man , I’m buying a new radio that will allow me to adjust my braking better. I’m literally about to take it out now and see how the 30 pinion affects it. Thanks for the reply…

I used the 39T spur and a 30T pinion. Top Speed in soft Sand 75km/h. Wheely at that speed easily. Too much power spent on useless spinning. Tires in front flat as plates. No way to measure top speed as it just wheelies. Should be 110km/h according to calculator.

Switched to the other 47T spur with a 26T pinion. Top speed now 85km/h. More than enough. Engine gets less hot. Does wheelys. Much longer driving time. Temperature a lot better. Also on soft sand. Comparable to soft beach sand.

Using Max5 with 1100kv. Punch 4 with both setups. Speed measured via GPS. Might drop to a smaller pinion to about 75km/h in summer. More driving time, less strain on lipos, lower temperature.

Make sure you close those open holes without screws on the motor to prevent sand from getting inside.

I used the 39T spur and a 30T pinion. Top Speed in soft Sand 75km/h. Wheely at that speed easily. Too much power spent on useless spinning. Tires in front flat as plates. No way to measure top speed as it just wheelies. Should be 110km/h according to calculator.

Switched to the other 47T spur with a 26T pinion. Top speed now 85km/h. More than enough. Engine gets less hot. Does wheelys. Much longer driving time. Temperature a lot better. Also on soft sand. Comparable to soft beach sand.

Using Max5 with 1100kv. Punch 4 with both setups. Speed measured via GPS. Might drop to a smaller pinion to about 75km/h in summer. More driving time, less strain on lipos, lower temperature.

Make sure you close those open holes without screws on the motor to prevent sand from getting inside.
Hello man, yea I ended up installing a max5 esc and boy what a difference! It’s really riding great and no issues . I’m still running the 30 pinion with the stock spur and I have yet to have a heat problem. I also set the punch to 4 a couple of days ago and man it’s just straight fun to drive!!! It wheelies like a 6 on command…

Just changing down from a 26T pinion with 47T (85km/h setup) spur to 23T. The tires just keep pulling off the rim with the 26T pinion. Nice air control during jumps with 26T but I just keep glueing. Top speed coming down to 75km/h. All with MAX5 1100kv.

(Actually I am recording this here so I know what I what I installed and don't have to count the teeth on the pinon while it is mounted - when I do some other change.) :ROFLMAO: ;)😋

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back