Infraction BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX.... WHAT'S NEXT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesy67

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
My very first Arrma is now in my possession, what is next? This is my second RC ever and my first "speed" car. First one was a crawler. I have been reading and watching reviews and was wondering what some of you do out of the box? I am going to adjust the brake strength to 50% and other then cosmetic I heard it is a good idea to put better droop screws in the truck. Does anyone have any suggestions for a new basher of small things to make the car better?
Cheers

Sure, you will be fine. The Avid Titanium ones are best. Cost more of course. They have a smooth head. The Arrma ones still have a hex on its dome. Not that the hex really matters really. But in theory the droop screws should be smooth as not to damage the droop ears on the chassis. Both works too. You decide. I use both. My TecknoMT and Lim got the Avids. The rest of my rigs got the Arrmas versions. But the stock droop screws are just lame long Grub screws and gouge out the chassis real bad over time. Ireversable damage IMHO. The grub screws keep digging in and you actually lose the droop setting over time.:cool:

If you ever want to spend some extra money, and like bashing and speed runs in one setup. I got the Castle XLX 2 with 1100kv and its a blast to run now. Spare tires are a must though.

anyone else love to hate painting? This is my second RC and I can't stand "painting". This is 3 cans of Plasti Dip and when I did it this weekend either it was to cold or I was to far away and the paint dried before it hit the car. I am going to buff it down and hopefully a 4th can will make it nice.

20201122_194653.jpg

Those spikes are Bad*asss*. Just don't hit a dog or anyone.:LOL:

I like the paint work a lot. (y) Yeah PlastiDip can be hard to work with . Been there. Its all about the prep. and ambient temp conditions.

I place the rattle can in Hot Water for several minutes after shaking to get some good higher can pressure. I do that with all types of rattle can paint. And shake real good while the can is warm. More even spraying results. Little to no spitting from the spray tip nozzle...

Last edited:
yes I did the outside of the body, I couldn't stand the V2 body colors. As far as the clips tearing up the paint, it doesn't matter to me. Its gonna get scratched and banged up, nothing a little touch up won't fix.
I actually put the can of Plasti Dip in front of a space heater to really warm the can and liquid up but it was snowing outside and I was trying to paint in the garage. If you look at my hood you can see the plastic bits.... SUCKS!
Those spikes are Bad*asss*. Just don't hit a dog or anyone.:LOL:

I like the paint work a lot. (y) Yeah PlastiDip can be hard to work with . Been there. Its all about the prep. and ambient temp conditions.

I place the rattle can in Hot Water for several minutes after shaking to get some good higher can pressure. I do that with all types of rattle can paint. And shake real good while the can is warm. More even spraying results. Little to no spitting from the spray tip nozzle...
I love the spikes too. I only have 4 small and 4 large so for now they are just stuck down with double sided tape until I can position them.

Last edited:
yes I did the outside of the body, I couldn't stand the V2 body colors. As far as the clips tearing up the paint, it doesn't matter to me. Its gonna get scratched and banged up, nothing a little touch up won't fix.
I actually put the can of Plasti Dip in front of a space heater to really warm the can and liquid up but it was snowing outside and I was trying to paint in the garage. If you look at my hood you can see the plastic bits.... SUCKS!

I love the spikes too. I only have 4 small and 4 large so for now they are just stuck down with double sided tape until I can position them.
I think CA glue will hold it better!

The spikes are a screw back, holes will need to be made when I mount them permanently.
Don’t waste your money on a game changer fan
They’re fans are not powerful
Watch this and if you’re looking for a fan I’ll show you where to buy a fan for 20$ That smoked 3 game changers

Watch this
I watched the video and that looks like an amazing fan. Do you know how one would mount it into the infraction?

I think the spikes would rip out with impacts damaging the body especially with the included screws. Thoose spikes are ok with slow moving Crawlers. Not bashers. But hey they look nice. Just don't hit anyone going fast, that's all. If you land in the dirt and grass on them they will catch
(goes against you) I would rather my rigs slide around when they crash. Spikes dig in and get ripped out of the body real fast. Just saying. ?‍♂️

Maybe place them in safer areas of the body?

Last edited:
I think the spikes would rip out with impacts damaging the body especially with the included screws. Thoose spikes are ok with slow moving Crawlers. Not bashers. But hey they look nice. Just don't hit anyone going fast, that's all. If you land in the dirt and grass on them they will catch and dig in and get ripped out of the body real fast. Just saying. ?‍♂️
I have the spikes on a crawler as well. On the crawler I have a washer behind the spike to help keep it in place because crawlers tend to roll over more. For this truck I won't use a washer and "hopefully" if I do turn upside down they will pull out without much damage to the body. IT's RC, if something breaks we just fix it and learn from our mistakes. Its all about the fun.

I have the spikes on a crawler as well. On the crawler I have a washer behind the spike to help keep it in place because crawlers tend to roll over more. For this truck I won't use a washer and "hopefully" if I do turn upside down they will pull out without much damage to the body. IT's RC, if something breaks we just fix it and learn from our mistakes.
I got ya. And they will come out for sure. Making nice larger holes in the body every time. BTW I also have several Crawlers ($1,000+ each) here also. Crawler Roll overs do not equate with Fast RC bashing. A different animal. These spikes are just not meant for bashers. But hey to each his own. The cool factor can be a priority over function for some . I get it.;)

The spikes are a screw back, holes will need to be made when I mount them permanently.

I watched the video and that looks like an amazing fan. Do you know how one would mount it into the infraction?
You can either mount it on a 40mm heatsink if you want to put it on the motor
Or you can just double sided tape them where you want them or wire ties

you can get 40mm heatsinks almost anywhere

something like this

6A61C3F4-8886-4DEA-ABE4-F06BC98E06DD.jpeg

If you ever want to spend some extra money, and like bashing and speed runs in one setup. I got the Castle XLX 2 with 1100kv and its a blast to run now. Spare tires are a must though.
Hey man hope ya don't mind me asking but gearing ?
Just about to take mine out and starting with 34p 39s
Can I ask what you've tried, totally cool if you'd prefer not to say

Hey man hope ya don't mind me asking but gearing ?
Just about to take mine out and starting with 34p 39s
Can I ask what you've tried, totally cool if you'd prefer not to say
Started with 39s and just kept going up with the pinion, so far at 42t and motor still not warm. Probably will eventually drop the spur down and continue increasing the pinion.

Don’t waste your money on a game changer fan
They’re fans are not powerful
Watch this and if you’re looking for a fan I’ll show you where to buy a fan for 20$ That smoked 3 game changers

Watch this
Well, I have been running GCRC v2 fan and have had ZERO temp issues what so ever when street bashing with my v2 Infraction.
Now, GCRC just released the new PG "IMPERVIOUS" Extreme (WATER RESISTANT) Cooling fan that super powerful...
The V2 has 800 more rpms than the V1 and the Impervious fan has 8,000 more rpms than the V2!
Will be adding a Impervious on my #Notorious, and one on my #KRATON.

1607259340342.png

Well, I have been running GCRC v2 fan and have had ZERO temp issues what so ever when street bashing with my v2 Infraction.
Now, GCRC just released the new PG "IMPERVIOUS" Extreme (WATER RESISTANT) Cooling fan that super powerful...
The V2 has 800 more rpms than the V1 and the Impervious fan has 8,000 more rpms than the V2!
Will be adding a Impervious on my #Notorious, and one on my #KRATON.

View attachment 112693
Looks like he is using the Sanyo denki metal cased fans that I used in this video comparing the game changers to the Sanyo..unless they’re just painted

it’s a 17$ fan ..what’s he charging for them?
I made this video because I hate it when vendors try to screw people by selling cheap junk and charge a boat load of money because they put a fancy name on the product. I’ve been pretty vocal about the fact that fans are pretty inexpensive and there’s nothing complicated about making your own

looks like game changer must have seen some of us posting about these metal cased Sanyo fans and decided to start using them..that’s good for the community as long as he’s being fair with his pricing
here’s where you can buy the fan

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/9hv0412p3k001/sanyo-denki

if he’s not using the metal cased Sanyo then it could be this fan..which is even slightly more powerful than the Sanyo

still a 17$ fan

https://www.digikey.com/en/products...83?s=N4IgTCBcDaIGIDMBGAGALARjAUwHYFoUUQBdAXyA

If he’s not using either of these then he should be :)

Last edited:
Looks like he is using the Sanyo denki metal cased fans that I used in this video comparing the game changers to the Sanyo

it’s a 17$ fan ..what’s he charging for them?
I made this video because I hate it when vendors try to screw people by selling cheap junk and charge a boat load of money because they put a fancy name on the product. I’ve been pretty vocal about the fact that fans are pretty inexpensive and there’s nothing complicated about making your own

looks like game changer must have seen some of us posting about these metal cased Sanyo fans and decided to start using them..that’s good for the community as long as he’s being fair with his pricing
here’s where you can buy the fan

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/9hv0412p3k001/sanyo-denki
I saw it but you're saying they are stronger than his GCRC Presents PG "IMPERVIOUS" Extreme (WATER RESISTANT) Cooling fans?

I saw it but you're saying they are stronger than his GCRC Presents PG "IMPERVIOUS" Extreme (WATER RESISTANT) Cooling fans?
There’s NO 40mm fan on the market with higher cfm output than these 2 fans..these are just server fans..he is not doing anything that makes them better or stronger ..there’s no rc fan made that’s more powerful than either of these 2 17$ fans linked above

it’s just a marketing ploy and a fancy name

ask him what the cfm output of his impervious fan is and you’ll get your answer
I’ve literally tried like 30 different server fans just to find good performance with a balance of cost ..I haven’t found anything better than these 2

but there’s plenty of 5$ fans out there that perform every bit as good or better than his game changers

Back