Limitless Full Perfect Pass v2 Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vendetta
Here’s a project that’s been in the works for the last few weeks.
Essentially every part that Raz has at Perfect pass all rolled into one brand new build,
Definitely excited for this to hit the ground soon.

Started with a brand new v2 roller, which I stripped down to add :

Perfect Pass:
-matte chassis
-metal arms
-springs
-carbon batwing and mounts
- servo
-aluminum front splitter
-ultimate carbon driveshaft with trident and spool

Other parts added:
DRG customs rear extra wide shock tower
scorched rc wide carbon top brace
Emperformance motor mount
Xlx2
TP 4080cm 2022kv motor (to dial in car)
Futaba receiver
Offshore electrics servo mount
Delta plastic fc100 body
Powerhobby led lights front and rear
Custom torsion mount for front splitter
Carbon front steering brace

This will be one of the single motor cars that I try to push for my 190+ mph single motor speed goal. Currently at 183mph with one of my vte2’s at the end of last season which I accomplished with a Castle 1721 2400kv motor.

The plan will be to dial this new build in with the 4080cm motor which I can easily gear for 175-180mph then I will be installing a test motor that I will be running from TP power in a 5860 size.

Testing should begin soon and I’m incredibly excited about this one

IMG_8605.jpeg

IMG_8612.jpeg

IMG_8635.jpeg

IMG_8636.jpeg

IMG_8650.jpeg

IMG_8654.jpeg

IMG_8664.jpeg

IMG_8669.jpeg

IMG_8765.jpeg

IMG_8766.jpeg

IMG_8786.png

IMG_8791.jpeg
IMG_8857.jpeg

IMG_8939.jpeg

IMG_9008.jpeg

Should be an awesome build! I’ve read about the syncing issue when running an XLX2 with a 6-pole motor over ~1500kv.

Are you planning to risk higher kv or go low kv and gear to the moon?

Here’s a project that’s been in the works for the last few weeks.
Essentially every part that Raz has at Perfect pass all rolled into one brand new build,
Definitely excited for this to hit the ground soon.

Started with a brand new v2 roller, which I stripped down to add :

Perfect Pass:
-matte chassis
-metal arms
-springs
-carbon batwing and mounts
- servo
-aluminum front splitter
-ultimate carbon driveshaft with trident and spool

Other parts added:
DRG customs rear extra wide shock tower
scorched rc wide carbon top brace
Emperformance motor mount
Xlx2
TP 4080cm 2022kv motor (to dial in car)
Futaba receiver
Offshore electrics servo mount
Delta plastic fc100 body
Powerhobby led lights front and rear
Custom torsion mount for front splitter
Carbon front steering brace

This will be one of the single motor cars that I try to push for my 190+ mph single motor speed goal. Currently at 183mph with one of my vte2’s at the end of last season which I accomplished with a Castle 1721 2400kv motor.

The plan will be to dial this new build in with the 4080cm motor which I can easily gear for 175-180mph then I will be installing a test motor that I will be running from TP power in a 5860 size.

Testing should begin soon and I’m incredibly excited about this one

View attachment 347301

View attachment 347302
View attachment 347303
View attachment 347308
View attachment 347310
View attachment 347311
View attachment 347312
View attachment 347313
View attachment 347314
View attachment 347315
View attachment 347316
View attachment 347317View attachment 347318
View attachment 347319
View attachment 347320
I had that matte chassis in my cart, and then it went out of stock, now I know who to blame!

I’m not too mad, I ended up ordering a scorched chassis. Looking forward to seeing this.

Looks great. Doing a build with that chassis too, I got this to mount the ESC on so it wasn't sitting straight on the chassis. You're going to have to mark, drill and countersink anyhow unless you plan to double-side tape it.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...st_main.5.32251802CrD1KD&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Do you have a source for the battery strap buckles?
I use strap buckles from scorched on all my cars,
And on this car the esc is stuck down with alien tape. Holds just fine for this one
I had that matte chassis in my cart, and then it went out of stock, now I know who to blame!

I’m not too mad, I ended up ordering a scorched chassis. Looking forward to seeing this.
The scorched chassis’s are beautiful as well, I currently have two limitless cars I’ve been running with a full length scorched chassis so I wanted to change it up. You’ll be very happy
Should be an awesome build! I’ve read about the syncing issue when running an XLX2 with a 6-pole motor over ~1500kv.

Are you planning to risk higher kv or go low kv and gear to the moon?
I’ve been running 6 pole motors for years with success. You just need to know how to run them. It is true that 1200-1400kv is the safest.
Basically the more rpm’s the 6 pole motors produce the harder the esc has to work on processing it. So I typically try to keep below 45,000 rpm’s and haven’t seen any problems
My blue limitless runs a 5860 motor here :

sorry to be a bit forward... but do you find with the PP Springs and arms they negate the need for spacers in the front shocks and fuel tube bump stops?

(btw I love your YT channel (Subscribed (y))- watching your vids over the past couple of months have helped my decision to go with Onyx batteries)

sorry to be a bit forward... but do you find with the PP Springs and arms they negate the need for spacers in the front shocks and fuel tube bump stops?

(btw I love your YT channel (Subscribed (y))- watching your vids over the past couple of months have helped my decision to go with Onyx batteries)
Everyone sets their cars up differently and to be honest a lot of it will depend on the road you run your cars on. A lot of my cars are setup with some variation depending on overall weight of the build and size of the car.

In this Perfect pass car I still had to run inserts inside the front shock to lower them down enough for me to be happy.
The additional holes that Raz has added are not necessarily usable for our setups to get the height we need.
And as far as the springs go at 170-180+ mph there is a ton of generated downforce on these cars and the springs will compress. I setup my cars to limit overall travel but I also do it differently depending on the car

Last edited:
Why the torsion mount for the front splitter?

I'd imagine to counteract the major downforce leverage acting on either sides of the splitter-mount.. at those speeds he's trying to achieve.

Why the torsion mount for the front splitter?
The stock plastic assembly that normally goes there flexes a lot. This removes that problem
It’s not an issue on the scorched full length chassis that has one piece carbon up to the splitter but for the chassis that uses the stock plastic stuff up front it’s a noticeable problem

Small update.
Been waiting on a couple motor mount releases and was happy to get both my M2c racing and Ram Jam racing motor mounts.

The mount I had in this perfect pass build had the slightest tolerance issue from a previous bearing failure at some point so I wasn’t thrilled about using it .

So today the perfect pass build got the new Ram Jam racing motor mount.

Overall fitment and tolerances are spot on.
Fits a 58mm finned Tp motor with enough clearance under the motor from the chassis.
The motor touches the drive cup/driveshaft before the full adjustment of the mount is used. So it gives a good gearing range.

The M2C mount I’ll likely install into my other limitless.
IMG_9190.jpeg
IMG_9191.jpeg

looks so blingy!
Yes it’s a very nice quality motor mount option for the limitless.

Just put the m2c mount together as well for my other limitless. The m2c removable adjuster was a great idea. So you set your mesh then just pop the top part off and install the 2nd and third screw up top

IMG_9195.jpeg

The stock plastic assembly that normally goes there flexes a lot. This removes that problem
It’s not an issue on the scorched full length chassis that has one piece carbon up to the splitter but for the chassis that uses the stock plastic stuff up front it’s a noticeable problem

Thanks for sharing. I had some threaded rod laying around so I fabled this up quickly and sleeved it with some carbon fiber for added strength. Also had a smaller titanium link from a crawler that worked perfectly lengthwise for the center.

It definitely adds a lot of stability and eliminates a lot of the side to side flex while still maintaining a bit of flex for the body post mounts. Keeping that part a little flexible might save a body during a crash ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_4408.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. I had some threaded rod laying around so I fabled this up quickly and sleeved it with some carbon fiber for added strength. Also had a smaller titanium link from a crawler that worked perfectly lengthwise for the center.

It definitely adds a lot of stability and eliminates a lot of the side to side flex while still maintaining a bit of flex for the body post mounts. Keeping that part a little flexible might save a body during a crash ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 348411
Looks good.
The amount of pressure that pushes on the body at 170+ mph pushes that front end down to the ground. Adding that support allows you to run the splitter low to the ground and still not drag at high speed.

Late to the dance here but I love this build! Amazing.. I'm thinking of doing something with my Limitless and this is inspiring me.. Great job!

Back