Limitless Full Perfect Pass v2 Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working with TP on some new things as a tester.
I hope the 5860 is a 4-pole. They should do that. I’m almost ready to buy a Rocket/Surpass motor. They have 4-pole big can motors in a big variety of kv’s.

I hope the 5860 is a 4-pole. They should do that. I’m almost ready to buy a Rocket/Surpass motor. They have 4-pole big can motors in a big variety of kv’s.
Is there a benefit to 4-pole motors? The only 6-pole I’ve used is that big TP I sold you, but it seemed to perform great for me.

Is there a benefit to 4-pole motors? The only 6-pole I’ve used is that big TP I sold you, but it seemed to perform great for me.
If the six pole motors go too high rpm’s it smokes Castle XLX2’s. Raz Shifrin smoked three of them back to back on deceleration at the end of the speed runs. They back feed so much juice to the ESC on decel that it torches them every time, and some ESC’s have also gone up with regular bashing.
Most people say to stay under 1500kv, I think?

Last edited:
If the six pole motors go too high rpm’s it smokes Castle XLX2’s. Raz Shifrin smoked three of them back to back on deceleration at the end of the speed runs. They back feed so much juice to the ESC on decel that it torches them every time, and some ESC’s have also gone up with regular bashing.
Most people say to stay under 1500kv, I think?
6 poles will work fine if you run them correctly but rpm’s and kv is a big part of it for sure, below 1450 is best and safest, I have 2 single limitless cars and 2 single vte2’s running all 6 pole motors this year, esc’s haven’t been above 115 degrees. I’m hoping to really push them more here soon,

Run from last weekend. Ran the same gearing a couple times to make sure it was maxed on the gear. Consistent 174-175 passes, so I now dropped the spur gear 1 tooth. A good clean run should be able to see 180

Last edited:
What gear are using .
Gearing is dependent on a multitude of factors:

Wheel size
Motor KV
Road Conditions
Car Setup

any spur/pinion info given will not necessarily work for your setup, and could possibly cause serious damage to your rig

your best bet is to use a speed calculator, pick a safe speed to start with (80-100)and work upwards with gearing from there (depending on esc logs)

BTW.. welcome to the forum

Back