Kraton Brand new Savox sw-1210-sg problem in Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
I just bought a savox sw-1210-sg servo and put it in my Kraton 6s v5. When I put it in I thought the servo saver was loose because there was barely any steering. but when the servo centers it will not turn at all until I put stress on it in any way. Like trying to turn it it will turn and act normal but with little to no strength and I thought this servo is supposed to be strong. It does the same problem when hooked up to othe cars to so I know it’s the servo is there a way to fix it.

It definitely sounds faulty if you need to encourage it to move. It sounds like the potentiometer is bad. That's really annoying! I've heard Savox have terrible responses to faulty products but you'll either have to reach out to them or the place you bought it from... I would try the latter first

Thank you for the help will return it Monday to my local hobby shop. Any ideas for a servo around the same price for my Kraton
I've had 3 and have had great luck with all of them so you could just get a replacement... otherwise I'd be thinking of either a cheaper but still good JX servo or maybe Power HD. They all have a lot of different servos at different specs, but you'll want between 20-35kg and speeds of 0.08-0.15. I'm not sure what to suggest as you're in the US and I don't know what's available to you. If you wanted something premium you could go for Reefs RC 👌

Thank you for the help will return it Monday to my local hobby shop. Any ideas for a servo around the same price for my Kraton
I run Powerhobby servos and have had nothing but good experiences with them. Not very expensive but reliable and strong. Got a 25kg Powerhobby servo with a transit speed of .08 @7.4v for around $40.

I run DS3235KG's in my K6S. Pretty good luck, I've been impressed with it for the price. Only bricked one and it was after a day of huge sends, cartwheels, and terrible landings.

You can get them for 30 bucks a servo on Amazon or 15 bucks a servo on Aliexpress or Banggood.

If you want a high-end servo, get a Reefs servo.

I also have a 1210 and absolutely love this servo. Seems like you got unlucky. I personally would get a replacement and give it another shot.

I run DS3235KG's in my K6S. Pretty good luck, I've been impressed with it for the price. Only bricked one and it was after a day of huge sends, cartwheels, and terrible landings.

You can get them for 30 bucks a servo on Amazon or 15 bucks a servo on Aliexpress or Banggood.

If you want a high-end servo, get a Reefs servo.
I got that servo for $25 on ebay

It was still not working after I took it out of the car
I put a temporary servo in and it seems the servo saver is super loose because there little to no steering. I’ve checked the saver and tightened everything so I don’t know what’s causing the servo saver to be so loose

Loose servo saver is the norm with these. Couple snap rings under the spring will tighten it up a bit. The savox 1210 is actually a great servo. It's an electronic part and unfortunately sometimes there are duds. Just take it back and exchange it.

You can try it but the purpose of it is to save the gears in your servo. As long as you don't mind possibly damaging it. It might work. Snap rings are like 10 cents each at your local hardware store.

Ok thanks
Do you think this would cause my servo problem because when I was installing it I pinched off some wire due to the tight servo mounting on the Kraton
image.jpg

Last edited:
That can definitely cause the problem
Ok thanks
Do you think this would cause my servo problem because when I was installing it I pinched off some wire due to the tight servo mounting on the Kraton View attachment 144855
Curious were you found a black 1? That model is blue???

That can definitely cause the problem

Curious were you found a black 1? That model is blue???
Found it at my local hobby shop it’s limited edition I think and how do you think I can fix the wiring Lovestricken

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back