Mojave Breaking Body Mounts fairly consistently - Any Fix?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wraith405

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey Guys.

So I've got about 30-35 6S runs through my Mojave 6S and I think the Body Mounts are a weak spot. I've had a few good hard crashes and these are the only parts that consistently are breaking for me. I've had to replace the front mounts once and the rear mounts twice.

They are breaking in exactly the same spot both front and back. Not sure if it's a design flaw or what, but it is happening so I figured you guys would want to know. Here's exactly where they are breaking for me. Both sides break in the same spot, and always on the rear side of the mounts.

MojaveBodyMountsBreakage.jpg

I was about to pull the trigger on this today and when checking different posts and videos all mentioned the body posts to be the weak spot - maybe this is purely intended to save the rest - I actually already added 2 sets to my spares order but then couldnt get it to me in time/hurry - sacrificing on colour - so decided against it and wait for the right colour ...

Hey Guys.

So I've got about 30-35 6S runs through my Mojave 6S and I think the Body Mounts are a weak spot. I've had a few good hard crashes and these are the only parts that consistently are breaking for me. I've had to replace the front mounts once and the rear mounts twice.

They are breaking in exactly the same spot both front and back. Not sure if it's a design flaw or what, but it is happening so I figured you guys would want to know. Here's exactly where they are breaking for me. Both sides break in the same spot, and always on the rear side of the mounts.

View attachment 63711
How fast if a replacement is this? What do they cost? If this saves a tower, it may be worth the savings?

How fast if a replacement is this? What do they cost? If this saves a tower, it may be worth the savings?

It's not too bad. The parts are $10-15 US for both the front and back mounts as a set. It's 4 screws each to remove, kind of a pain since they are horizontal, but really not bad.

So I actually think body flex is breaking this, but I can't tell. I am wondering if the new TBR front and rear bumpers might help fix this since they stick out further that the stock ones. I really like the look of the stock front bumper sitting underneath the body though, so I don't really want to swap that one out.

I really love this truck though man, easily my favorite right now. So fast and so much fun to drive. I need to pick up a couple more 6S bricks though, mine are a couple of years old and they are starting to get real warm and swell a bit driving this thing.

Haven't break mine yet but for sure it might happen some day, so am just thinking... will it help to add hot glue to those weak spots to make it a bit stronger?

Haven't break mine yet but for sure it might happen some day, so am just thinking... will it help to add hot glue to those weak spots to make it a bit stronger?

I highly doubt it. Hot glue is still flexible and doesn't stick to plastic really at all without some sanding. And if it bumped up at all, it would prevent the body from sitting flat on there. I tried to use gorilla tape since I can layer it nicely, but they still broke.

Honestly, I think the design just isn't great. I understand why it's needed, to let the body flex instead of just destroying it, but those particular pieces I highlighted just need to be thicker and stronger.

Here's my fix, and I've had some pretty heavy crashing... Haven't broke mine yet.

If you find that you struggle pushing the body mounts through the body holes, then it means the holes are either too narrow or wide, and placing additional stress and deformation on the body mounts. I've found the holes to be too narrow. I took to filing the body holes outwards so that the mounts go through them without any struggle at all on my part.

See if this helps you.

I think @RC DUDE81 had a horrible foamy fix for it if I recall correctly

Here's my fix, and I've had some pretty heavy crashing... Haven't broke mine yet.

If you find that you struggle pushing the body mounts through the body holes, then it means the holes are either too narrow or wide, and placing additional stress and deformation on the body mounts. I've found the holes to be too narrow. I took to filing the body holes outwards so that the mounts go through them without any struggle at all on my part.

See if this helps you.

are you saying just to open up the post holes? why not use a body reamer?

I think @RC DUDE81 had a horrible foamy fix for it if I recall correctly

are you saying just to open up the post holes? why not use a body reamer?
Yup! You could use a body reamer, but that might make the holes too big I think. Or at least too big for me, haha

See if this helps you.

That's actually not a bad idea. I will try that before I drive this weekend and see how it goes.

It's not too bad. The parts are $10-15 US for both the front and back mounts as a set. It's 4 screws each to remove, kind of a pain since they are horizontal, but really not bad.

So I actually think body flex is breaking this, but I can't tell. I am wondering if the new TBR front and rear bumpers might help fix this since they stick out further that the stock ones. I really like the look of the stock front bumper sitting underneath the body though, so I don't really want to swap that one out.

I really love this truck though man, easily my favorite right now. So fast and so much fun to drive. I need to pick up a couple more 6S bricks though, mine are a couple of years old and they are starting to get real warm and swell a bit driving this thing.
Shoo goo your body this might help

I think it's important for the velcro on the sides to stay attached. My velcro is long past dead. I have also broken a couple. I've copied the foam in the mount trick, and also have run thin sheet steel under the mount. Zip tie it all together, I've been able to keep running mounts for weeks after the initial break. You can see these mounts are already broken, but I went on using them for some time.
IMG_20210201_150752.jpg
IMG_20210201_150759.jpg
IMG_20201208_171022.jpg

All that said, putting too much foam or too firm of a material in the middle transfers the breaking point to the outer 'wing' part of the mount.

Mine break in the same spots as well.

I was going to make a brace out of a carbon tube and shoo-goo it to the underside of the mount (right where it always breaks) and then zip tie the tube in place while the goo cures. I’ll report back with the success of this , or report where it breaks instead with my mod 😂

See if this helps you.
I hope it works because its making me crazy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back