Breaking M2C CVD Pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks brother, I appreciate that. I gotta think about it. Truth be told, I would rather have a different rig than what my bro has.. I admit, it's the $399 that hooked me onto the O8S. You know me, stock is how I role generally. It just works for me. Hmm..

I like my O8S, but I get the point of having something different than your brother. On the flip side, if you stick with the O8S I’ve got a slightly used red body I’d send you for the price of shipping. Haha

I like my O8S, but I get the point of having something different than your brother. On the flip side, if you stick with the O8S I’ve got a slightly used red body I’d send you for the price of shipping. Haha
Wow, thanks! I'm still leaning towards O8S, and will give it some time to see if it comes to fruit. As pathetic as it sounds, it all comes down to cost.. at $399, the O8S is almost unbeatable. However, I have no doubts that the XRT would be kickass for what I do. Possibly even better, not sure. I truly appreciate your generosity bro!! I'll let ya know when I know what the hell I'm doing!🤪😂👍🍻

I’ll send you a lightly used reinforced green body and the servo I took out of mine for the cost of shipping.

Wow, thanks! I'm still leaning towards O8S, and will give it some time to see if it comes to fruit. As pathetic as it sounds, it all comes down to cost.. at $399, the O8S is almost unbeatable. However, I have no doubts that the XRT would be kickass for what I do. Possibly even better, not sure. I truly appreciate your generosity bro!! I'll let ya know when I know what the hell I'm doing!🤪😂👍🍻

I'm also willing to give him brand new xrt tires for cost of shipping! Man it seems like a no brainer for you to do it! especially when you know it will be better for your use case. Hell, I have the cheapo spektrum rx/tx if you need it too. I got too much poop and not enough space and I feel like I'm becoming a hoarder. It just feels weird tossing poop in the trash that's brand new even though I know I will never use it.

All you would need is esc/motor and a cheap motor mount. :cool:

Though I guess price wise that still puts you close to RTR but at least it will be much better electronics if you go that route. :ROFLMAO:

I'm also willing to give him brand new xrt tires for cost of shipping! Man it seems like a no brainer for you to do it! especially when you know it will be better for your use case. Hell, I have the cheapo spektrum rx/tx if you need it too. I got too much poop and not enough space and I feel like I'm becoming a hoarder. It just feels weird tossing poop in the trash that's brand new even though I know I will never use it.

All you would need is esc/motor and a cheap motor mount. :cool:

Though I guess price wise that still puts you close to RTR but at least it will be much better electronics if you go that route. :ROFLMAO:
I know right?! Funniest part is I have a v2 Firma 160/1100 Spektrum combo on it's way to me via @GNT1 😁
The $200 difference between the XRT slider and O8S roller is what's got me hung up..
@Moirae thanks bro! I'm definitely still interested in those tires regardless of which rig I end up with. Keep me posted, I don't mind paying either of ya for the goods either so, thanks again guys!!
What a great group of solid people this Arrma Forum is!!🍻😁👊

Never heard of pins just falling out 🤣 Been breaking a lot though..

Never heard of pins just falling out 🤣 Been breaking a lot though..
I did try searching before I asked, didn't find any posts about the pins falling out. Hopefully it's an isolated incident. As to breaking the pins, that sucks. I know M2C has made the cvd shaft diameter larger which is great, sounds like the cups and pins need to be enlarged as well perhaps? Another reason for me to stick with stockish components. Big motor, batteries, and belted or beadlocks just compounds the problems I suppose. I was blown away by the weight difference between an O8S and Xmaxx.. holy crap!! It's really surprising how well the Arrma 8s hold up considering the weight. I really like both TBH. I've suggested to my brother that he submit a warranty claim for the cvd, worth a shot I suppose. You can bet we'll be keeping an eye on those pins going forward.. I see sleeves for sale for the TRX 8s outdrives, haven't found any Arrma 8s yet. I'll have to check the OD of the O8s outdrives, maybe they're the same?

I did try searching before I asked, didn't find any posts about the pins falling out. Hopefully it's an isolated incident. As to breaking the pins, that sucks. I know M2C has made the cvd shaft diameter larger which is great, sounds like the cups and pins need to be enlarged as well perhaps? Another reason for me to stick with stockish components. Big motor, batteries, and belted or beadlocks just compounds the problems I suppose. I was blown away by the weight difference between an O8S and Xmaxx.. holy crap!! It's really surprising how well the Arrma 8s hold up considering the weight. I really like both TBH. I've suggested to my brother that he submit a warranty claim for the cvd, worth a shot I suppose. You can bet we'll be keeping an eye on those pins going forward.. I see sleeves for sale for the TRX 8s outdrives, haven't found any Arrma 8s yet. I'll have to check the OD of the O8s outdrives, maybe they're the same?
I think limiting the arm/shock travel so that the CVD’s don’t bind up when taking off and landing big jumps. I send my stuff pretty high and hard and I feel like I’m finding the weak spots that some aren’t by just minimal bashing. The screws going to the bell crank and steering/knuckle from steering link break easily. Currently what’s pissing me off 🤨

I think limiting the arm/shock travel so that the CVD’s don’t bind up when taking off and landing big jumps. I send my stuff pretty high and hard and I feel like I’m finding the weak spots that some aren’t by just minimal bashing. The screws going to the bell crank and steering/knuckle from steering link break easily. Currently what’s pissing me off 🤨
I have experienced that with the Kaiju. The suspension travels too far up and/or down, causing the cvd shafts to hit the outdrive cups. Telltale sign is "ring" marks on the cvd shaft where the shafts are making contact with the cups..I had issues with pins falling out of those cvds too..I made some aluminum sleeves for the outdrives, then fitted Mojo lower rear arms all the way around on the Kaiju. Been a tank since.

I forgot to say, what I believe was the real issue on the Kaiju was too much flex from the stock arms. I did lay the shocks over as much as possible. Also added fuel tubing and o rings to the shock shafts to prevent upward "over" travel. Still had problems, so I put the Mojo arms on it. They are nearly double the thickness of the Redcat arms. Haven't bent or broken a cvd since. Sorry for the long winded, off topic posts. ✌🍻😂

Broke one of the Vitavon pins.🤬
Wish I could buy these locally. Anyone know if a hardware store would carry a makeshift version? Tried searching for "dowel pins".
Not sure of the diameter and length of the pins Vitavon uses, but I'd check local hobby shops for Mugen pins. Turns out that Mugen sells replacements that are almost identical to stock Arrma ones. A local guy that was making custom shafts for us was using them. Won't lie though. Removing and replacing them is a b!tch, but it can save a ton of money.

Not sure of the diameter and length of the pins Vitavon uses, but I'd check local hobby shops for Mugen pins. Turns out that Mugen sells replacements that are almost identical to stock Arrma ones. A local guy that was making custom shafts for us was using them. Won't lie though. Removing and replacing them is a b!tch, but it can save a ton of money.
Thanks. They're a bit larger than stock. 4mmx19mm. Luckily the Vitavon drive shafts have a set screw that allows pins to be easily removed. I will check local HS for Mugen!

Broke one of the Vitavon pins.🤬
Wish I could buy these locally. Anyone know if a hardware store would carry a makeshift version? Tried searching for "dowel pins".
Go to harbor freight and buy a drill bit index. Find the number bit that has matching diameter and cut it down. Or order a bunch of blanks and cut a ton of pins. At least the vitavon is easy to replace pins on. It just has a set screw at the end of the dog bone right?

Go to harbor freight and buy a drill bit index. Find the number bit that has matching diameter and cut it down. Or order a bunch of blanks and cut a ton of pins. At least the vitavon is easy to replace pins on. It just has a set screw at the end of the dog bone right?
Great suggestions! Thanks! Yes, set screw at the end.

Thanks. They're a bit larger than stock. 4mmx19mm. Luckily the Vitavon drive shafts have a set screw that allows pins to be easily removed. I will check local HS for Mugen!
Just Google 4mm rc driveshaft pins. Tons of leads, ie: https://rovanrc.com/product/RV151017/
Great suggestions! Thanks! Yes, set screw at the end.
What really sucks after just a bit of searching, is that there are tons of options for 3.5mm pins. The 8s Outcast uses them in there hexes. 4mm are just much more limiting, but still accessible. Good luck in the search.

Last edited:
Fix your droop and our limit shocks! Haven't had it happen since. :cool: (y)
Yeah, I threw droop screws into my K8 first thing. Using the shocks to limit down travel is a fatal flaw I think for the Arrma 8s line. I don't understand why Arrma didn't install them from factory? I mean, the holes are there? Silly. I put 2 each 3mm x 10mm SHCS in each arm. Then saw KT install 5x25mm screws into the gearboxes through the chassis. I did the same, you have to drill out the front and rearmost holes to accept the 25mm screws. This shold really help prevent the screws from pulling out of the gearboxes. I know some have mentioned not wanting to install droop screws for fear of ripping the gearbox off the chassis.

Back